• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

GMS on The Collapse of Meritocracy and Integrity under PAP Rule

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When the Ceiling Gate Saga happened, PAP Minister was pointing to the sky and gave us a lecture of INTEGRITY. Well admittedly, somebody involved in Ceiling Gate saga must have lied and there is definitely some integrity problem.

But so far, we do not know who lied as WP didn't want to investigate thoroughly on the roles of their contractors and Managing Agent. On the other hand PAP didn't pursue the matter to investigate who is lying as well.

While the lecture of Integrity is still ringing in our heads, IDA was exposed to have employed a Foreign Talent with fake academic credential. It is a very serious matter as there was precedent whereby individual Singaporean was charged and jailed for using fake academic credential to look for jobs. It is more than just integrity problem and criminal issue here because such acts have great impact on our system of meritocracy.

If such dubious acts are somehow tolerated by a Government Statutory Board like IDA, it will send a big wrong signal that CHEATING in job seeking with fake degrees from degree mills is accepted as a norm in Singapore.

In fact this is not the first time such embarrassing thing has happened in Singapore. NUS has employed a lecturer in Medicine school from India who was found to have fake academic credentials and he was exposed in USA eventually.

I have always said that how can we consider people graduating from Third World countries universities as TALENTS if their universities were mostly unheard of? In Singapore our universities have rigorous curriculum and only the top 20% or 25% of our cohort can get in. But what we are experiencing is that our graduates from our very own universities are being replaced by people from dubious unknown universities in third world countries and worse, some even with FAKE Degrees from these places!

PAP Government didn't have any proper mechanism to screen out all these cheaters before they issue them employment passes or even PRs and subsequently citizenship!

And now we know even Government Statsboards like IDA and NUS have tolerated or even defended such glaring lapses!

How can we ever trust PAP Government again im upholding the system of Meritocracy and Integrity which our little Nation is founded on? Especially so when they have flooded our country with so many foreigners to compete with our citizens for jobs and limited resources? How many of these over two million FT are actually FAKE TALENTS and cheats?

With such prevailing snobbish attitude of the Government agencies we have, I won't be surprised as much as over 30% of these foreign migrants have fake degrees because MOM which is the gate keeper, just didn't do their job properly.

Do you still want to trust PAP Government again?

Goh Meng Seng

http://singaporealternatives.blogspot.sg/2015/04/the-collapse-of-meritocracy-and.html

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal
if only brothers and sisters can fish out the Numbers

from ICA data base and the CPF board data base

only then we will know the Real Numbers of

Singaporean Graduates ( Diploma to Phd ) up till age 90 replaced

by FT and now working as :

a) MacDonald uncles and aunties

b) security guards

c) taxi drivers

d) dish washers

e) odd job workers

f) toilet cleaners

g) tea ladies / uncles

h) general cleaners

I) food hawkers / stall holders

j) or just hanging out at coffeeshops and public libraries

k) ...

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Do people actually read Cpt Goh's politics crap whenever he writes? Not me however I will read his writing on aliens and UFO, more believable.

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Under LHL watch, Cancer (pun) spread from insatiable greed of PAP, GLC, ministers themselves,grassroots,corruption sets in, skyrocketng living costs...recent IDA inaction on pundek fake degree ..worst is yet to come...sinkieland regressing by the day..

We need sinkie mahathir to openLy challenged PM Lee.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Under LHL watch, Cancer (pun) spread from insatiable greed of PAP, GLC, ministers themselves,grassroots,corruption sets in, skyrocketng living costs...recent IDA inaction on pundek fake degree ..worst is yet to come...sinkieland regressing by the day..

We need sinkie mahathir to openLy challenged PM Lee.

Rubbish! Under LHL, Singapore's GDP rocketed above what the Old Guards could ever imagine in their wet dreams. Sinkies have strong purchasing power, there's so many new malls, the mrt network has expanded, we have integrated resorts, sentosa's back from the dead, and the list goes on.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Rubbish! Under LHL, Singapore's GDP rocketed above what the Old Guards could ever imagine in their wet dreams. Sinkies have strong purchasing power, there's so many new malls, the mrt network has expanded, we have integrated resorts, sentosa's back from the dead, and the list goes on.

what a low IQ post!!! pls go and get some education!!!!

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do people actually read Cpt Goh's politics crap whenever he writes? Not me however I will read his writing on aliens and UFO, more believable.

I read everything GMS writes. He is my idol and I dare say, God's gift to S'pore. Must admit he sometimes bo liao but once awhile, he punches way above his weight. Ali, Frazier and Foreman would suffer a TKO from GMS if and when the latter's sperm rushes to his brains. I salute GMS.