• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ntuc income charged my credit card for someone else's insurance!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]NTUC INCOME CHARGED MY CREDIT CARD FOR SOMEONE ELSE'S INSURANCE![/h]
Post date:
22 Apr 2015 - 12:08am

Dear TRS,
My latest UOB credit card was slapped with a $862 charge by ntuc income. Problem is I have no dealings with ntuc income.
I called UOB and was told to call ntuc. I called ntuc and was told it an insurance plan for someone named Rita. I don't know such a person!
They said they will now investigate and get back by the same day. I find this ridiculous. I didn't sign anything to authorize payment but was billed 800 plus. UOB initially suggested maybe travel insurance, I was like ??? Europe for a year Ah?? 800? Even yearly premium for travel is in the 300 range.
I brought this up to my insurance adviser, he then mentioned that this person Rita, is it the insurance agent, or the insured. I said, I dind't know as I never bought any such product. He suggested for me to call NTUC again.
I called NTUC and asked them if the Rita is the insurance agent or insured. GUESS WHAT? They said they cannot disclose due to regulations. Then why are they able to disclose to me in the morning? They again insisted they cannot disclosed.

What type of regulations, morning can disclose, afternoon cannot disclose? I reminded them that they promised to get back to me as I do not want my weekend to be marred by this incident
At about 5 pm, a representative from NTUC called me back. It turned out they charged the wrong customer! That customer has 4 numbers on her credit card same as mine.
Imagine that! How can there be such a lapse?Why didn’t they check the CVC and the expiry date?
Now they will refund me, BUT if they refund after 29 Apr, I will have to pay UOB first, then the money will be credit next month to me or UOB will levy interest on my account.
Can NTUC Income please explain how can they charge the wrong credit card just like that?!

June
TRS Contributor

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Much ado on a trivial matter. Plastic boo hoo sometimes happen. Onus is for credit card holder to dispute (in writing) with bank issuer, to support non-payment. Latter will usually credit this (even at the interim stage whilst "investigating"). So can't see what the big fuss is all about, as no penalty for wrong charge. And there are some security controls, like sms and/or email alerts for any charge.

Not unless his plastic is "compromised" (fradulent), then he simply gets an immediate replacement. Meaning, worse things can happen. And Tokio Marine is neither immune to this fxxk up (can conjure many insurers at drop of a hat).

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Still want to give your money to NTUC businesses? :rolleyes:

Here's a better option for insurance: Tokio Marine.

http://www.tokiomarine.com

Much ado on a trivial matter. Plastic boo hoo sometimes happen. Onus is for credit card holder to dispute (in writing) with bank issuer, to support non-payment. Latter will usually credit this (even at the interim stage whilst "investigating"). So can't see what the big fuss is all about, as no penalty for wrong charge. And there are some security controls, like sms and/or email alerts for any charge.

Not unless his plastic is "compromised" (fradulent), then he simply gets an immediate replacement. Meaning, worse things can happen. And Tokio Marine is neither immune to this fxxk up (can conjure many insurers at drop of a hat).

bro that's the problem when laksaboy gives advice he gives the impression that it is somehow better than other companies in this case NTUC but doesn't state any reasons as to why or give more details as to why tokio marine is a good insurance company. I would suspect in this case NTUC = govt so it's bad tokio marine isn't govt linked = good.

Most of his postings are like this he will say this or that product is good and state it like it's a fact. That's why i proceeded to ask him about chiong pubs, best beer to drink etc.

If a similar thread came up like say for example tiger beer, since tiger beer = singapore govt affliated laksaboy will then say oh drink heineiken it's a better beer than tiger like it's actually a fact.