• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

HR DIRECTOR Shocked to Discover Many Foreign Employees Possess FAKE Master Degrees!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://therealsingapore.com/content/hr-director-degree-mills-and-how-not-be-fooled
[h=1]HR DIRECTOR: DEGREE MILLS AND HOW NOT TO BE FOOLED[/h]

Post date:
22 Apr 2015 - 12:42am

Calling all CEOs, Executive Directors, HR Partners, HR Directors, HR Managers

I am a HR director who joined the company a few months ago.

After the incident of Foreign Talents with qualifications from degree mills was exposed, I took the initiative to look through each and every one of my employee's qualifications, what was stated in their resume, application form, cover letter, as well as the copies of academic scrolls and transcripts kept by HR department.

I was shocked to find that many foreign employees have falsely declared their qualifications, many stated a masters in their resume, cover letter and application form. Upon request for the original transcripts and scrolls, the staff was unable to produce any and had came up with various explanations, eg. that he/she in fact did not complete the masters due to moving to Singapore, did not collect the certificate, left the certificate in her home country, did not complete dissertation, and other excuses etc.

This is a fundamental integrity issue, as what was written in the resume should be true and during the interview candidates are required to declare also that all information submitted is true.
I am not blaming the previous HR for lack of attention to detail, as with many foreign job applicants, a minority of those with the intention to cheat may slip through the checks.

I am calling all HR partners, HR directors, CEOs and Executive Directors to implement the following policy and be firm with the documents required to be submitted, as any hiring of candidates with bogus qualifications may result in a lost of confidence towards the company.

Foreign applicants are strictly required to submit all of the followings IN ENGLISH
1. A certified true copy by the academic institution of the Degree Scroll and Academic Transcript
2. A re-print original of the Degree Scroll and Academic Transcript which as to have the school stamp, and signed in Pen (Most recognized institutions will be able to produce this with a small fee)
3. A letter from the academic institution regarding the credit units of the course, the course title, the duration of the course, the total contact hours, and the location of study, signed by faculty
4. A letter from the embassy / academic board / ministry / education department of the applicant's country certifying that the institution is a registered academic institution by the government / board / ministry.
5. A copy issued by the academic institution's faculty on a course description and total contact hours for each of the modules taken
This is to attempt to filter out degree mills / bought degrees by applicants who have the intention to cheat.

I have checked with universities locally and a legitimate academic institution should be able to provide the following details which are requested by the 5 points above.
- Certified true copy of degree scrolls and transcripts
- Re-printing of degree scrolls and original transcripts
- Affix school stamp and official signature upon request
- Letter containing length of study
- Letter containing total credit units required for graduation
- Letter containing total contact hours in course
- Letter containing type of candidature (part-time/full-time/distance learning)
- On request, provide detailed course description and total contact hours of individual modules taken
Any missing documents should be scrutinized, and in my company we will reject the applicant if he/she is unable to produce any of the requested documents.
I sincerely urge all recruiters in Singapore to set and strengthen the hiring procedure of Foreign Staff and Local Employees alike.
Regards,
Singaporean HR Director
TRS Contributor

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: HR DIRECTOR Shocked to Discover Many Foreign Employees Possess FAKE Master Degree

Why r u shocked?? This is what happens when u hired FTs from their home countries universities. If u stucked to Singaporeans from Polys and the NUSs and NTUs, SMUs ..etc, u won't have this problem!

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: HR DIRECTOR Shocked to Discover Many Foreign Employees Possess FAKE Master Degree

why not create a sticky folder and shame all the degree mill fraudsters here?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Because that folder will need 52 man years to create.

let's start with me. i have 3 phd's from simpleton university. only $69 per diploma.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Is this is a real Singaporean HR Director writing this or some shit stirer? Why don't he/she sign off with a real name to make this credible?

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

let's start with me. i have 3 phd's from simpleton university. only $69 per diploma.

If you goto northern pacific they will throw in a free blow job n you can even redeem points with your passion card.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

TCJ has a facebook post that is very interesting. I copy the paragraph here.

https://www.facebook.com/TanChuanJin1/posts/892053534170756?fref=nf

3) The last story is rather quirky. An old lady stayed all the way till the end of the MPS. It was nearly 1am+ I think. She couldn't sleep for a few days and wanted to tell me in person. One of the heavenly gods appeared in her dream to warn me that I needed a change or something will happen. She is a dear old lady whom we have been helping. One could see her deteriorating over the years but she remains kind and caring.

I think the heavenly god is warning him of the current degree mill fiasco. What do you think?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It is just sad that in PAP led Spore where the leader like to boast about being world class, we are finding that people have been getting away with deceit. It is bad enough that the gate keepers(aka PAP) have been helping these people come into Spore by the millions,

Now we find that many of them are not even qualified to do their jobs. May explain why there are so many cock ups nowadays:eek:

maxxi

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why are you shocked? as a 'Director' you would have worked in HR from long time ago you never see all the nonsense already?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Why are you shocked? as a 'Director' you would have worked in HR from long time ago you never see all the nonsense already?

Thats why I say this type of posts stinks like a dead rat, surely it's a shit stirer.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal

MOST of The HR practitioners and MOM are all sleeping or they just closed one eye.Most important factor,the Foreigner Workers are cheap.Period.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal

More 'news' from The Real Singapore eh....

It's like reading Aesop Fables at times.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Dear HR contributor,

You are upsetting a flourishing kickback industry and diminishing Pinky Lee's dream of a 7-million population.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal

Nobody does reference checks anymore and even if they do, it's just a skimpy check. Everything based on self declaration and based on 'trust'! As we can see, based on the evidence coming out of the woodwork, FTs cannot be 'trusted'

Yingge

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

First of all... Is this HR director real???:rolleyes:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Nobody does reference checks anymore and even if they do, it's just a skimpy check. Everything based on self declaration and based on 'trust'! As we can see, based on the evidence coming out of the woodwork, FTs cannot be 'trusted'

in the u.s., employers engage 3rd party agencies such as intellicorp to conduct very thorough background checks before hiring. ocassionally, a few from simpleton university slip through.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal

Is this is a real Singaporean HR Director writing this or some shit stirer? Why don't he/she sign off with a real name to make this credible?

because the HR director obtained his degree from a degree mill too.