• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

if LKY can fake what can we say...

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
If LKY fake crying on TV on the split, more like kicked him out, out of Malaysia, anyone can do a better than him?

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If LKY fake crying on TV on the split, more like kicked him out, out of Malaysia, anyone can do a better than him?

You have to give it to old fart. When he realized he could not be Emperor of Malaysia, he engineered the split to save face. Better be the King of an island nation, than be a Chief Minister within the Federation.

If old fart had not chosen the career path of a tinpot dictator, he'd have been an Oscar-winning actor. :smile:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
was LKY really such a political threat to the Malaysia leaders then ? in the end, they chose to give away a piece of valuable strategic land, maybe the best city of Malaysia, to drive dead dog thief LKY and PAP and 1.5 million Chinese out of Malaysia. I don't know of another similar case which a city/province ( administrative division ) was kicked out of the country.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
was LKY really such a political threat to the Malaysia leaders then ? in the end, they chose to give away a piece of valuable strategic land, maybe the best city of Malaysia, to drive dead dog thief LKY and PAP and 1.5 million Chinese out of Malaysia. I don't know of another similar case which a city/province ( administrative division ) was kicked out of the country.

Right till the end, Tunku Abdul Rahman and Tun Abdul Razak told LKY he could remain within the Federation, provided he abstained from stoking communal tensions with his Malaysian Malaysia spiel.

Singapore was not kicked out. Rather, old fart engineered the 'kicking out' to save face, by instructing Goh Keng Swee to initiate the terms for a 'clean break' with Razak and Ismail.

Those were crocodile tears you saw on TV.

Did LKY lie about Singapore being kicked out of Malaysia?

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From the man who saved old fart's political life, by casting the deciding vote that made him PM.

Toh Chin Chye – “He was crying. I don’t understand him at all.”

MARCH 20, 2015 BY ONLINECITIZEN

toh-chin-chye-2.jpg

Excerpt of an interview with Dr Toh Chin Chye, published in ‘Leaders of Singapore’ by Melanie Chew, 1996

August 9, 1965

I remember that morning very clearly. In the morning, I wrote a letter to Tengku. He promptly replied in the afternoon.

I stayed behind (in Kuala Lumpur) and Lee came back to announce to the public in Singapore that Singapore had become independent. I stayed behind to clear up the mess. The Malaysian Parliament was meeting the next day. Lee Kuan Yew told me to go to the Parliament. Can you imagine the uproar? I had no chance to face the members of the Malaysian Solidarity Convention to break the news. Their support for Singapore came to nothing.

When Lee Kuan Yew got back to Singapore, he invited the members of the Convention to attend his press conference. He was crying. I don’t understand him at all. On one hand, he worked so hard for merger. Having gotten the cupful, he shattered it. And then cried over it.

He held two successive press conferences, and in which both he cried. On the third morning I went to work, and saw the press boys again. I asked Lee Wei Ching, his press secretary, “Why are they hanging around here?” Another press conference! I told Lee Wei Ching, “You ought to tell the Prime Minister to go to Changi and take a rest. Call the press conference off! Another crying bout, and the people of Singapore will think the government is on its knees. So he went to Changi, staying at the government bungalow for six weeks.

One smart reporter noted this by going through Hansard. There was a big time gap in Hansard between our last parliamentary meeting and the next meeting. More than five months. One would have thought with such a big event, Parliament should be immediately summoned and the announcement made to Parliament. The opposition came at me. Why is there no Parliament sitting? So I had to hold the fort.

I was not appointed to act for him while he was away. When he went off to Changi, Parliament did not meet. So Singapore had a Parliament in suspended animation. Keng Swee and Lim Kim San saw me and asked me what was the constitutional position. Has he recovered? What if he does not recover? So what happens? I said I thought he was getting better, although I could not see him and telephone calls were not put through.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
In my opinion, no. LKY was the only true politician in Singapore. No one even came close. Those who attempted, we eradicated (that's the game) - very quickly. He was efficient, sharp, intense, intelligent, and had all the traits of a politician. Had the right background, education, circle (gang), race, connections, skills. At that the time these events took place, it was his game. There was no competition.

Cheers!

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Right till the end, Tunku Abdul Rahman and Tun Abdul Razak told LKY he could remain within the Federation, provided he abstained from stoking communal tensions with his Malaysian Malaysia spiel.

Singapore was not kicked out. Rather, old fart engineered the 'kicking out' to save face, by instructing Goh Keng Swee to initiate the terms for a 'clean break' with Razak and Ismail.

Those were crocodile tears you saw on TV.

Did LKY lie about Singapore being kicked out of Malaysia?

why did the Malaysia leaders choose the "clean break" in the end ? no government in the world would cede any territory unless it is an exchange with another territory or forced to do it in desperate circumstances.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why did the Malaysia leaders choose the "clean break" in the end ? no government in the world would cede any territory unless it is an exchange with another territory or forced to do it in desperate circumstances.

Because they didn't want old fart to instigate any more riots and bloodshed, which he was very capable of. You're dealing with a political gangster of the highest order.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Because they didn't want old fart to instigate any more riots and bloodshed, which he was very capable of. You're dealing with a political gangster of the highest order.

OMG, Is this True? if it is, it must be written in our History books for our future generation to know abt our flounding Father.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
OMG, Is this True? if it is, it must be written in our History books for our future generation to know abt our flounding Father.

Don't you know, our History and Social Studies textbooks don't document history. They propagate myths and propaganda, such as: Singapore was a small fishing village when the PAP came into power, but thanks to our founding father LKY we're now one of the richest countries in the world.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal

Did Tungku have the authority to invoke the Matland ISA and lock Old Fart up for good ?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In my opinion, no. LKY was the only true politician in Singapore. No one even came close. Those who attempted, we eradicated (that's the game) - very quickly. He was efficient, sharp, intense, intelligent, and had all the traits of a politician. Had the right background, education, circle (gang), race, connections, skills. At that the time these events took place, it was his game. There was no competition.

Cheers!

And in the words of TAR, he was 'too clever by half.'

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Did Tungku have the authority to invoke the Matland ISA and lock Old Fart up for good ?

Tun Razak wanted old fart to be detained under ISA, but Tungku was more forgiving.

Old fart never forgave Tun Razak. When Razak became PM, old fart made it a point never to visit the country. And he blacked out all TV news on Razak's death. That's how mean, small-minded and vindictive the 'great' politician was.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You have to give it to old fart. When he realized he could not be Emperor of Malaysia, he engineered the split to save face. Better be the King of an island nation, than be a Chief Minister within the Federation.

If old fart had not chosen the career path of a tinpot dictator, he'd have been an Oscar-winning actor. :smile:

he crying tears of joy..............he engineered the split so he can be king of a small island.............no way he wanna play 2nd fiddle to a Malay chap.............