• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Scrap The S-League !! It is a disgrace !!

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ten times out of ten matches I watch on TV, the stadium practically empty. The TV screen has to be reduced so as not to show the empty stand !! This is ridiculous and a disgrace when other countries watch !! Scrap it lah !! Stop flogging a dead horse !:eek: Idiots !!:oIo:

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The football association should hire these VFX people to prop up their image.

[video=youtube;QCijyqvdjqQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCijyqvdjqQ[/video]

McDonaldsKid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreed. I think FAS trying to have best of both worlds, i.e. Lions XII and S-League. The support for both already so low they end up cannibalizing each other.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I read that it is needless to pay for the matches tickets, around 10 minutes after the kick-off, they will usually give away free tickets at the gates. it's futile like that too. imo they should pay $50 per head to watch those incredibly dull matches. then it's a maybe, the stadium could not be practically empty. :biggrin:

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
I read that it is needless to pay for the matches tickets, around 10 minutes after the kick-off, they will usually give away free tickets at the gates. it's futile like that too. imo they should pay $50 per head to watch those incredibly dull matches. then it's a maybe, the stadium could not be practically empty. :biggrin:

I have read a few article about MUDLAYSIA soccer. Frankly speaking, these soccer players from Mudland is apparently much more well paid in terms of salary. Below is the article

http://www.nst.com.my/node/80377?d=1

Average m&d league ( Super League ) players got paid around RM 20K
Mid tier local players earns around 40K to 75k
Top players and foreigners pays 80K

** All monthly Salary in RM**

I think our local lad can do better financially plying their trade in Mudlaysia league.

Last edited:

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ten times out of ten matches I watch on TV, the stadium practically empty. The TV screen has to be reduced so as not to show the empty stand !! This is ridiculous and a disgrace when other countries watch !! Scrap it lah !! Stop flogging a dead horse !:eek: Idiots !!:oIo:

there is a great difference in society , race , mentality , mindset , altitude , behavior.
this is what happening when idiot tried to copy the west blindly.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have not come across anybody in Peesai that watches S-League. People here who watch soccer do so because they bet on EPL matches, or if the are soccer fans, follow big names like Man. U, Liverpool, or even Barcelona. I wonder if there was ever any "heated rivalry" between Geylang and Toa Payoh other than SS gangs! Time to watch Ping-Pong!

Cheers!

Ten times out of ten matches I watch on TV, the stadium practically empty.............

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
You need a competitive local league to identify talent and there are no two ways about that. At the same time, you need to raise the bar by bringing in quality players and coaches.
I just can't see how they're raising the standard of football in Singapore with so few talents spread across the domestic and foreign league. How does it enhance competitiveness?:rolleyes:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have not come across anybody in Peesai that watches S-League. People here who watch soccer do so because they bet on EPL matches, or if the are soccer fans, follow big names like Man. U, Liverpool, or even Barcelona. I wonder if there was ever any "heated rivalry" between Geylang and Toa Payoh other than SS gangs! Time to watch Ping-Pong!

Cheers!

despite the matches' empty stadiums, football is still Singapore's national sport. in the neighborhoods, football is the most played sport, played by all races, of all ages. who the hell plays or even watches Ping-Pong ? Ping-Pong is non-existent in the neighborhoods. they watch Ping-Pong on TV when they know they would win medals, damn typical glory-hunters.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Nobody told you to watch. Stop giving the S-League and its sponsors viewership numbers.

LEAKED: SECRET RECORDING SHOWS ILL-TREATMENT OF S'PORE FOOTBALLERS BY S-LEAGUE CEO
http://therealsingapore.com/content...ing-shows-ill-treatment-singapore-footballers

McDonaldsKid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some ways to improve:

1. Pull out of M-League. What's the fucking point of having your best local players play in the M-League and not your own local league?

2. Break the bank for stars. Try to get really big name stars who are on the wane. Get Temasek to put some "pressure" on their GLCs to sponsor the teams. We can have teams like SIA Geylang International, DBS Tampines Rovers etc.

3. Target up and coming stars from smaller Asian states to play here. Make it a regional league not by having regional stars rather than regional teams.

4. Give free entry to kids.

5. Dont play matches on Saturday or Sunday nights to avoid clashing with Premier League broadcasts. Consider playing in the mornings.

Try some of the above, if all else fails, just shut down the damn league.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How do those clubs survive without practically matches proceeds and jersey sales ? who the hell in the right mind would want to buy their jerseys ? Singapore Pools largely funded them all ? other Sponsorships money must be very limited. they must be in the red every year. it must be damn demoralizing for the players to play at the empty stadiums every week or maybe they should be thankful that despite all the shits, the league still exists, they still have a well-paid job as a professional footballer.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Blame the short sighted pappies for quitting Malaysia cup over egos and money.
Even now dumped S league and rejoin M cup also won't help as an entire generation already weaned off the fever and grew up on foreign leagues.
Another exanple of pap messing up a good thing

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sports are created and enjoyed by only 1 race in the world. Guess the people?

The bloody Pommie angmoh. Born in the far Northern West of a tiny island in Europe with very cold, rainny and wet weather conditions make them angry people. 18degree C temperature is already considered warm weather and they can call it sunny day and lay naked on their backyard.

Sports make them get out of the house to group together to warm themselves. They can even paly cricket the whole day under the sun, can you?

recommended reading on the Pommies http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/342320.The_Angry_Island

there is a great difference in society , race , mentality , mindset , altitude , behavior.
this is what happening when idiot tried to copy the west blindly.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ten times out of ten matches I watch on TV, the stadium practically empty. The TV screen has to be reduced so as not to show the empty stand !! ...
evrybody like u la ... dun wanna go stadium 2 watch, but watch on tv ...

dey shud ban tv telecast ... :mad:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I find it strange that current Singapore football scene turn out this way.

even at the height of the Malaysia Cup or the Semi Pro League against the Malaysia states team in the 80s to the early 90s before FAS decision to quit Malaysia league, there were a healthy local league in Singapore. I still remember attending matches during Saturday afternoon at toa payoh stadium, watching balestier coached by Robin Chan then. The galley was mostly packed, so most of time sat on the jogging track and watch the action up close. why watch balestier u may ask, well a classmate's brother was in the team and the entrance fee was wavied by his brother connection most of the time. those days teams from mata and saf were whipping boys as they don't have foreigners and make up of NSFs. Sometime has a couple national players in them due to NS but still most of the time they cannot make it.

It more than 20 years ago, I only remember a few of the teams name such as geylang who the powerhouse then, and also Tyrwhitt Soccerites, tiong bahru, jurong and a few more. I think the league was called Prime or Premier League. Those days local teams can afford to pay angmo to play them, mostly from eastern Europe or down under. Despite my nick, it a couple of years since I last attend or punt on a AssLeak match. Kelong too much liao, most of the matches rigged. Even singapore Cup final result also rig, got one year pinkie attended the final and before the match start, he shake hand with the players while wearing Home United shirt. In order not to make him look like an idiot, the referee kayu all the way to make Home United win.:oIo:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Scrap it and put an end to the fair weather supporters business.
Sideswipe said:
must be in the red every year. .. demoralizing for the players to play at the empty stadiums every week or maybe they should be thankful that despite all the shits, the league still exists, they still have a well-paid job as a professional footballer.
Asides from the scarce resources allocations bit (across the causeway or domestic league), isn't this local footy a "social" extension for mat populace?