• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Setia Eco Cascadia VS Eco Summer/Spring

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who is the spokesperson for SP Setia now? Hope they can solve the leadership crisis soon. Not sure about others, but i am definitely losing confidence on this company.

I have absolute confidence in this company. What's wrong with this company? Shareholders can change but the SO and the Architects remains the same for the projects.

Just because Tan Sri Liew left the company, does it mean SP Setia will go bankrupt? Setia Eco Cascadia is planned, implemented and sold by Tan Sri Liew. You mean Tan Sri did a bad job? Or shall we say Dato Chang did a bad job as well in JB?

Why you say you are losing confidence? How many houses you bought from Setia? If you have, then you have the right. If not, then why are you so worried? After all it is someone else's money and none of your business. Have a life.

Present Management of Setia ( If you want, I can get you their contact numbers)

Independent Non-Executive Chairman
1. Tun Dato’ Seri Zaki Bin Tun Azmi

Acting President & Chief Executive Officer
2. Dato’ Khor Chap Jen

Senior Independent Non-Executive Director
3. Dato’ Ahmad Pardas Bin Senin

Independent Non-Executive Directors
4. Dato’ Seri Ir. Hj. Mohd Noor Bin Yaacob

Non-Independent Non-Executive Directors
5. Tan Sri Dato’ Dr Wan Mohd Zahid Bin Mohd Noordin
6. Encik Zainal Abidin Bin Jamal
7. Dato’ Halipah Binti Esa
8. Dato’ Zuraidah Binti Atan
9. Tengku Dato’ Ab. Aziz Bin Tengku Mahmud

Audit Committee
1. Dato’ Seri Ir. Hj. Mohd Noor Bin Yaacob (Chairman)
2. Dato’ Ahmad Pardas Bin Senin
3. Dato’ Halipah Binti Esa

Nomination and Remuneration Committee
1. Tun Dato’ Seri Zaki Bin Tun Azmi (Chairman)
3. Tan Sri Dato’ Dr Wan Mohd Zahid Bin Mohd Noordin

Last edited:

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I have absolute confidence in this company. What's wrong with this company? Shareholders can change but the SO and the Architects remains the same for the projects.

Just because Tan Sri Liew left the company, does it mean SP Setia will go bankrupt? Setia Eco Cascadia is planned, implemented and sold by Tan Sri Liew. You mean Tan Sri did a bad job? Or shall we say Dato Chang did a bad job as well in JB?

Why you say you are losing confidence? How many houses you bought from Setia? If you have, then you have the right. If not, then why are you so worried? After all it is someone else's money and none of your business. Have a life.

Present Management of Setia ( If you want, I can get you their contact numbers)

Independent Non-Executive Chairman
1. Tun Dato’ Seri Zaki Bin Tun Azmi

Acting President & Chief Executive Officer
2. Dato’ Khor Chap Jen

Senior Independent Non-Executive Director
3. Dato’ Ahmad Pardas Bin Senin

Independent Non-Executive Directors
4. Dato’ Seri Ir. Hj. Mohd Noor Bin Yaacob

Non-Independent Non-Executive Directors
5. Tan Sri Dato’ Dr Wan Mohd Zahid Bin Mohd Noordin
6. Encik Zainal Abidin Bin Jamal
7. Dato’ Halipah Binti Esa
8. Dato’ Zuraidah Binti Atan
9. Tengku Dato’ Ab. Aziz Bin Tengku Mahmud

Audit Committee
1. Dato’ Seri Ir. Hj. Mohd Noor Bin Yaacob (Chairman)
3. Dato’ Halipah Binti Esa

Nomination and Remuneration Committee
1. Tun Dato’ Seri Zaki Bin Tun Azmi (Chairman)
3. Tan Sri Dato’ Dr Wan Mohd Zahid Bin Mohd Noordin

Thanks for sharing. I hope this will once n for all silence Relaxman and his minions. Until the time he gets caught lying again. You have done SEC owners justice. Kudos to you.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for sharing. I hope this will once n for all silence Relaxman and his minions. Until the time he gets caught lying again. You have done SEC owners justice. Kudos to you.

Dato Khor is currently the CEO of the S P Setia Berhad Group of Companies. His past experience include the northern and central region of the Property Divisions as well as the Construction Division of the Group. He also oversees the Group’s overseas subsidiaries in Australia and Vietnam.

He graduated with Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) degree from the University of Malaya, Fellow of the Institution of Engineers, Malaysia and Professional Engineer registered with the Board of Engineers, Malaysia

Dato’ Khor joined the S P Setia Berhad Group in 1995 and was previously the General Manager of the Property Division prior to being seconded to Setia Putrajaya Sdn Bhd as the Deputy Chief Executive Officer. His secondment to this Joint-Venture company from year 1997 to 2000 was to lead the team in the development of the Government’s New Administrative Centre in Putrajaya. Dato’ Khor also sat on the Board of S P Setia Berhad from year 2002 to 2009.

Prior to joining the S P Setia Berhad Group, Dato’ Khor was the Associate Director for Jurutera Perunding Kemajuan Sdn Bhd, an engineering consultancy firm. He was involved in the design and construction of housing, industrial, highways and infrastructure projects. Dato’ Khor has in all, over 30 years of experience in the construction and property development industry. Dato’ Khor formerly served as REHDA (Selangor Branch) Chairman. He was also an EXCO member of REHDA National and Chairman of the Planning Policies & Standards Committee.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dato Khor is currently the CEO of the S P Setia Berhad Group of Companies. His past experience include the northern and central region of the Property Divisions as well as the Construction Division of the Group. He also oversees the Group’s overseas subsidiaries in Australia and Vietnam.

He graduated with Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) degree from the University of Malaya, Fellow of the Institution of Engineers, Malaysia and Professional Engineer registered with the Board of Engineers, Malaysia

Dato’ Khor joined the S P Setia Berhad Group in 1995 and was previously the General Manager of the Property Division prior to being seconded to Setia Putrajaya Sdn Bhd as the Deputy Chief Executive Officer. His secondment to this Joint-Venture company from year 1997 to 2000 was to lead the team in the development of the Government’s New Administrative Centre in Putrajaya. Dato’ Khor also sat on the Board of S P Setia Berhad from year 2002 to 2009.

Prior to joining the S P Setia Berhad Group, Dato’ Khor was the Associate Director for Jurutera Perunding Kemajuan Sdn Bhd, an engineering consultancy firm. He was involved in the design and construction of housing, industrial, highways and infrastructure projects. Dato’ Khor has in all, over 30 years of experience in the construction and property development industry. Dato’ Khor formerly served as REHDA (Selangor Branch) Chairman. He was also an EXCO member of REHDA National and Chairman of the Planning Policies & Standards Committee.

Unfortunately, Dato' Khor is only a acting CEO...... meaning only temporary position. He can be replaced anytime. The questions is, if someone knew that he will be replaced anytime, will he put his my full heart to the organization? Your guess....

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unfortunately, Dato' Khor is only a acting CEO...... meaning only temporary position. He can be replaced anytime. The questions is, if someone knew that he will be replaced anytime, will he put his my full heart to the organization? Your guess....

Successful people will always guard their reputations, even to the extent of 远小人,近君子. It will be short sided to not put in your best in whatever position or situation one is in. If he does, I dare say he would never have risen to where he is today.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Successful people will always guard their reputations, even to the extent of 远小人,近君子. It will be short sided to not put in your best in whatever position or situation one is in. If he does, I dare say he would never have risen to where he is today.

A hardcore Tan Sri Liew fan will not think this way. Tan Sri Liew is irreplaceable in SP Setia. Tan Sri not only left SP Setia, but he brought along many of his people over to EW. If the staff are confident with SP Setia, do you think they will leave? Previous acting CEO Datuk Voon also left to join EW! How about Dato' Khor? Time will tell.....

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
A hardcore Tan Sri Liew fan will not think this way. Tan Sri Liew is irreplaceable in SP Setia. Tan Sri not only left SP Setia, but he brought along many of his people over to EW. If the staff are confident with SP Setia, do you think they will leave? Previous acting CEO Datuk Voon also left to join EW! How about Dato' Khor? Time will tell.....

Successful man always ventured out, or get head hunted. This is the real world. But I have yet to see successful departing CEOs do things openly or say bad things about their previous company which will hurt their own reputations.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal

CEO or no CEO doesn't matter to people who have nothing to do with SP Setia.
They are just busy bodies gossiping what come next. Kaypoh for wat? Total waste of time.

Last edited:

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Successful man always ventured out, or get head hunted. This is the real world. But I have yet to see successful departing CEOs do things openly or say bad things about their previous company which will hurt their own reputations.

I will never employ anyone who speak badly about their previous bosses or company.

ZigZag

Alfrescian
Loyal

I agree with your view. SP Setia is a very strong company financially. Definitely won't go bankrupt.

ZigZag

Alfrescian
Loyal

I wonder why SP Setia taking so long to decide who will be the new CEO? Don't have calibre person or no one have the guts to fill in the hot seat.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder why SP Setia taking so long to decide who will be the new CEO? Don't have calibre person or no one have the guts to fill in the hot seat.

A strong company will run with or without its CEO. Simply because the organisation structure is in place. It runs in an auto mode. It is self regulating. As I mention, a CEO's job is to charter the company into its future. The present organisation is to maintain its course. SP Setia is in no hurry to name its permanent CEO, as the company is running smoothly. What's the difference apart from just a title? Acting CEO, Permanent CEO, President or Chairman are all the same. The job is the same, the responsibility is the same. They all report to the shareholders.

To have a Chinese holding a top post in a GLC speaks highly of this person. In fact, many senior members of SP Setia having Tan Sri and Dato titles report to him shows that Dato' Khor is no ordinary man. He is a man of substance.

How stong is SP Setia? Take Battersea London. It is a JV between SP Setia and Sime Darby, both controlled by PNB Malaysia.

Totally sold out on phase 1, 2 and 3. There are 1305 units. Phase 1 and 2 sold out within 1 week.

Prices
Studio apartments from £495k
1 bedroom apartments from £590k
2 bedrooms apartments from £1.2m
3 bedrooms apartments from £1.9m
4 bedrooms apartments from £3.2m

Price ranges from £1300 psf to £2300 psf. It means it is RM 7150 to RM 12650 per sq ft. This is the real SP Setia in action.

Why did Dato Voon leave the company? Not because SP Setia is not good. It is because Tan Sri and Dato Voon are partners in another project in London called London City Island and they teamed up with Balllymore. They also had another project at Nine Elms.It happened within week. They saw big potential in London. It is the money.That's the main reason why Tan Sri and Dato Voon resigned. Whether he left under good terms, you got to ask him.

Just for information, I am no supporter nor invested in of any SP Setia projects.

Last edited:

ZigZag

Alfrescian
Loyal
so as you can see, relaxman has implicitly admitted he makes sweeping statements and lied on post 1444 by refusing to answer. no one is having a shouting match here cos it's all part of relaxman's imagination. you can see other forummers are also telling him not to behave like cslong in other threads such as his fengshui thread. hope you now can see the big picture and not be misled by him. i am sure you are smart enough to see the difference.

any luck narrowing down your options since you also agree that setia is a strong company? or you still not decided yet?

I see nothing wrong with the view of relaxman. Both views from funniman and relaxman are good. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. i am taking my time on my investment plan. No hurry. Is the buyer's market now.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
All I can say is 3 monkeys.jpg

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys,
excuse my language. Sometimes I get carried away. :smile:
I used to be contractor and live in a rough neighbourhood....and these language slangs and swear words became part of my life. I try to control many times, but sometimes it get out of control.
So if there's any instances flowery spicy words do escape my sane mind, please excuse. I promise to edit every time I can.
A thousand apologies..... :smile: