• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Setia Eco Cascadia VS Eco Summer/Spring

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is buying SEC or Eco Summer safe? Care to share with me which one is better? I need to hear more views on this two projects.[/

Seriously u want views about which is good/better for Invest?
I can only say both are good for self-stay.
Invest's tricky in recent times.

ZigZag

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are there anyone here can share with me their thought on these two projects, especially those who have bought a unit there. Really appreciate it.

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Are there anyone here can share with me their thought on these two projects, especially those who have bought a unit there. Really appreciate it.

So have you visited the two show houses yet or not? Or are you going to buy a 700k house based on our biased reviews and thoughts? Something doesn't seem right..

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
So have you visited the two show houses yet or not? Or are you going to buy a 700k house based on our biased reviews and thoughts? Something doesn't seem right..

Yup. I have a unit in 1 of these development but i cannot tell u how good it is as my views would be Biased.
I can only say both are Good for self-stay. Investment is a totally different Ball game liao.
Current and short term market in both SG/JB does not look ROSY.
How long term u looking at for this Investment?
No 10-15yrs better not consider.

Juz my 2cents.

ZigZag

Alfrescian
Loyal
We have visited the show houses and like the garden concept of the two projects. Is a great help to me to hear views from others before we commit our lifetime saving on this property. I guess that the people here will share their views openly. Sorry for being kiasu in this matter.

Last edited:

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
We have visited the show houses and like the garden concept of the two projects. Is a great help to me to hear views from others before we commit our lifetime saving on this property. I guess that the people here will share their views openly. Sorry for being kiasu in this matter.

I fully understand your concern. Sadly, not many here willing to share their views and being helpful. Most only wanted to hear good things about their purchased property. If you are not in the hurry, look around for more options. You must understand that all those greenery concept come with a price and these projects are strata titled type. In my opinion, individual titled properties will be better (due to much lower monthly maintenance fee) for investment now if you can consider other projects apart from SEC and EW. You can also pm me if you need to discuss other matters in private. Cheers!

AsusGuy

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

As i know, there are many types of units at these two projects. Which type is your target?

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
SEC Mercury comes with Strata Titled Pool/Club house, gym facilities. Foresta Batch alr VP and maintenance are appx $250myr. Reasonable.
EW Knighton i dun think comes with recreational facilities? Maintenance should be lower thou.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mercury should be better but with such a small built up size....petty. Furthermore, the layout is quite ridiculous with the stair case in the middle of the house. It take up lots of space in the house.

ZigZag

Alfrescian
Loyal
SEC Mercury comes with Strata Titled Pool/Club house, gym facilities. Foresta Batch alr VP and maintenance are appx $250myr. Reasonable.
EW Knighton i dun think comes with recreational facilities? Maintenance should be lower thou.

Thanks for the info. RM250 per month is reasonable. I have asked EW too but they said maybe around RM300 but not confirm.

ZigZag

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mercury should be better but with such a small built up size....petty. Furthermore, the layout is quite ridiculous with the stair case in the middle of the house. It take up lots of space in the house.

Thanks for highlighting this and i prefer EW because of this reason too. Too bad i have no budget for the Jupiter and Neptune model.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for highlighting this and i prefer EW because of this reason too. Too bad i have no budget for the Jupiter and Neptune model.

Yes. Jupiter and Neptune type are much better compare to the horrible Mercury type. It is highly undesirable to have stairs in the middle of your home serving as a divider. In the perspective of feng shui, when the staircase is in the middle of the house there can be a loss of wealth and problems for all residents. Anyway, hope some feng shui sifu here can confirm this.... :wink:

ZigZag

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. Jupiter and Neptune type are much better compare to the horrible Mercury type. It is highly undesirable to have stairs in the middle of your home serving as a divider. In the perspective of feng shui, when the staircase is in the middle of the house there can be a loss of wealth and problems for all residents. Anyway, hope some feng shui sifu here can confirm this.... :wink:

Wah, so jialat! I went to a property fair at JBCC today. Setia is aggressively trying to sell SEC Jupiter around RM800k and SEG Eco Village 2. One of the interesting developer there which i notice is Glenmarie Properties with their double storey house 22x75 at only RM650K.

AsusGuy

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Wah, so jialat! I went to a property fair at JBCC today. Setia is aggressively trying to sell SEC Jupiter around RM800k and SEG Eco Village 2. One of the interesting developer there which i notice is Glenmarie Properties with their double storey house 22x75 at only RM650K.

I was there too. The Glenmarie project will be near JP Perdana area. You can also wait for Bandar Dato Onn neighbourhood 15. The location is much better.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Setia Eco Cascadia having problem selling their Jupiter/Neptune/Mercury units. They are losing the war to Eco Summer. I even have a friend who own a SEC unit wanted to sell it (before VP) so that he could buy Eco Summer unit. When i ask him why? His reply is simply....."losing confident with the developer".

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
LOL… Pity Dato Onn residents…

Don't worry. Dato Onn residents don't pay through the nose for their house compare to SEC. The worst is after paying so much, in return you get an overpriced and a tiny house with a bad layout.... especially the Mercury type. Avoid the Mercury type at all cost.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard from my fengshui master that the worst fengshui of all is when you have an idiot in the house (for eg cslong house in P12). That will lead to mental health problems, sickness, loss of wealth, psoriasis, oral thrush, loss of virility (cannot marikita anymore) and excessive posting on the internet, such as delusions that his words mean anything to others, or that it will somehow affect the property market.

I think you hit the nail on its head. Fengshui or no fengshuI, location, matter less than residents which make up the neighbourhood.