• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Straits Times Accused Muslims for Short Gun Marriages & Increase Divorce Rates

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear brothers and sisters,

Straits Times come out with statistics to accuse our malay brothers and sisters for short gun marriages and increase in divorce rates.

Being a multi racial country, why must straits times be so racist to show statistics to tarnish Malay / Muslim reputation in Singapore? can we charge straits times for seditious? what do u think?

More Muslim marriages ending before five years

PEOPLE married for five to nine years made up the largest group of divorcing couples in Singapore in the past two decades. But Muslim couples are bucking this trend and splitting up earlier. In the 2003 marriage cohort, for example, 14 per cent of Muslim marriages dissolved before the fifth anniversary, compared with 10.5 per cent who did so between the fifth and ninth year. This trend can be seen from the 1999 cohort onwards. For non-Muslim marriages in 2003, 9.2 per cent of couples broke up between the fifth and ninth year, while 5.1 per cent did so before the fifth anniversary. Those who work with divorcing Muslim couples say the trend could reflect how a greater proportion of Muslims marry young or remarry than non-Muslims.

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Re: Straits Times Shame and Malu Muslims for Short Gun Marriages & Increase Divorce R

I'm sure that article has hurt the feelings of the Malays and has caused distress and anguish.

It also has the potential to cause unrest.

A police report should be made and the editor charged with sedition.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Divorce is a personal/family decision. The state and/or religious body should not interfere with the couple's decision. In this case here, ST is merely reporting the stats.

Cheers!

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Divorce is a personal/family decision. The state and/or religious body should not interfere with the couple's decision. In this case here, ST is merely reporting the stats.

Cheers!

The state should not interfere?

Sure or not?These m&ds produce and their off springs are into drugs , theft and what have you and they end up as society's burden which is TAXPAYERS BURDEN to house such misfits and continue to feed them.

So if the prestitute is just relaying the facts then where is there any untruths to these statistics? LoL

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Straits Times Shame and Malu Muslims for Short Gun Marriages & Increase Divorce R

...hurt the feelings of the Malays and has caused distress and anguish....potential to cause unrest.
Seriously? Yours goes beyond playing devil's advocate.

This was just a demographics piece (notwithstanding brickbats on Bradell factory source). And why shd the malays take affront to this fact?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's the way I see things. I do not wish the state to tell me how I live my life. I wish to make my own decision, choose my own religion, educate my own children, and not have some "authority" dictate to me how I should live. Some of you may wish the state to make the decisions for you, that's up to you.

The purpose of the newspaper is to report the news as truthfully as they are able to (without jeopardising state security) as unbiased as they possibly can, with as little favouritism as it can, although that may not be ideally possible.

Cheers!

The state should not interfere?

Sure or not?These m&ds produce and their off springs are into drugs , theft and what have you and they end up as society's burden which is TAXPAYERS BURDEN to house such misfits and continue to feed them.

So if the prestitute is just relaying the facts then where is there any untruths to these statistics? LoL

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I'm sure that article has hurt the feelings of the Malays and has caused distress and anguish.

Sam Leong, I want to know if NZ newspapers or Australia newpapers publish such statistics to same Maori people?

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP always look down on the Malays. I wonder why most of the Malays still vote for the scums in white in every election.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Indeed. No race likes to be stereotyped as having 'short guns', even if it's the truth.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Rofl at this this group always has a problem

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Sam Leong, I want to know if NZ newspapers or Australia newpapers publish such statistics to same Maori people?

Yes there are all sorts of articles that insult Maori and Abos. However the charge of sedition was repealed in NZ ages ago. I don't know what the status of sedition laws is in OZ or how they are applied as they have been rewritten to deal only with terrorism related offenses.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP always look down on the Malays. I wonder why most of the Malays still vote for the scums in white in every election.

Put it this way.

If one is a half useless, hopeless fuck and this keep on producing cyclically, voting for the pappies is like a 'life line' to them.

How to break the trend? Alter their genetic codes! lol