• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Help me understand this statement issued by Sinkie government agency

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
I still haven't fully understood some statements made by various ministars, government agencies in the past, statements such as:

1. Inflation is high but core inflation is low
2. No job discrimination in Sinkieland; it's all a misunderstanding
3. Public transport and HDB flats are not expensive; they're affordable
4. No flooding in Orchard Road; it's ponding
5. University of Mumbai is a reputable university

Today on page B1 of The Straits Times, the NEA is reported to have said:

The number of dengue cases has declined by about a third but the number of breeding spots for the Aedes mosquitoes that may potentially carry the dengue virus has increased by 80%.

My question is: on what do the 80% increase of Aedes mosquitoes feed on?

I've an IQ of about 62. Can someone explain to me in plainest English what the NEA is telling us?

Last edited:

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
The worst is all those economic data like GDPs, Non oil exports ... One day they say slow down, next day they say record rebound!! How to believe and trusts!!

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
More jobless sinkies idling at home swatting mosquitos all day long. At least they are making themselves useful.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I think its like saying the number of HIV carriers detected has declined but the number of gays and prostitutes in the country has increased by 80%.

The number of dengue cases has declined by about a third but the number of breeding spots for the Aedes mosquitoes that may potentially carry the dengue virus has increased by 80%.

I've an IQ of about 62. Can someone explain to me in plainest English what the NEA is telling us?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"your chances of contracting dengue have been reduced even though there is an increase in the number of mosquitoes to bite you."

Faidenk

Alfrescian
Loyal
I still haven't fully understood some statements made by various ministars, government agencies in the past, statements such as:

You are not supposed to understand anything. You just have to believe and swallow whatever bovine fecal matters fed to you.

Be a good boy now, it's all for your own good.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

They are saying that the number of mosquitoes carry Dengue had increased by 80%, but the number of people immune to the Dengue had increased by 1/3 but the 2/3 are still bitten by the 80% increased of the mosquitoes & had not shown any sign, the balance of the mosquitoes are dead or they are males or they are biting, "animals".

You need a IQ more than zero, to understand what on earth are they saying... which most of the time, their language they use, is like "watching monkeys swinging from vines", either you get confused or dizzy!:biggrin:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

What they are saying is that the medical cost for treatment of dengue fever is so expensive in singapore due to the greedy hospitals that many people who have contracted dengue, stay at home and take their own antibiotics and rough it out. Therefore, because these dengue cases are not reported and therefore not tracked by the hospitals, stupid NEA thinks the cases are really declined when in fact they are there or even increase, but only underreported.

zookeeper

Alfrescian
Loyal

You may understand better if your boss says this to you:

Productivity has declined by about a third but the number of job interviews for FTs that may potentially take over your job has increased by 80%

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Simply put. Your minister just pocketed another mil but has done nothing in the interest of the public simply because they r incompetent

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
You may understand better if your boss says this to you: Productivity has declined by about a third but the number of job interviews for FTs that may potentially take over your job has increased by 80%
zookeeper:

Are you saying that the FTs are actually the Aedes mosquitoes? How did they manage to fly such long distances over land and sea to arrive in Sinkieland?