• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is This The New PAP?

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I found no reason for his arrest.

since you think he shd be arrested, can you justify your view?

On Sunday, Amos, who will turn 17 this year, was arrested for a video he posted last Friday that allegedly celebrated the death of Singapore's founding Prime Minister. The eight-minute-long video included remarks about Christianity that some people found insensitive.

In a statement yesterday, police said Amos will face charges in court today under Section 298 of the Penal Code for utterances against Christians with a "deliberate intent to wound religious feelings". Other charges include circulating an obscene object and making threatening, abusive or insulting communication which is likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress.
More than 20 police reports have been lodged against him over the video as well as over obscene material posted on his blog on Sunday. Both the video and the blog post have since been removed.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
On Sunday, Amos, who will turn 17 this year, was arrested for a video he posted last Friday that allegedly celebrated the death of Singapore's founding Prime Minister. The eight-minute-long video included remarks about Christianity that some people found insensitive.

In a statement yesterday, police said Amos will face charges in court today under Section 298 of the Penal Code for utterances against Christians with a "deliberate intent to wound religious feelings". Other charges include circulating an obscene object and making threatening, abusive or insulting communication which is likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress.
More than 20 police reports have been lodged against him over the video as well as over obscene material posted on his blog on Sunday. Both the video and the blog post have since been removed.

I hve read that. That doesn't mean that Amos deserves to be arrested. I hv gone to view Amos video and I found nothing wrong with what he said.

So I am asking you to tell me what did Amos say that warrant his arrest. But you are not able to justify his arrest

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is very important to send a message to the young that they cannot simply say whatever they please and not expect any consequences.

While arresting a 16 year old may be harsh, it is better to deal with a problem child early in life. If he isn't taught a lesson now, it will be even harder to keep him in line in the future.

You must be living in an old age or at an age in which the PAP is living in & never got out. There are plenty of problem child out there, bred from the education system they dispense....might as well arrest his mother, a teacher & then his father, for a poor upbringing. Then charge the school on which he attend for not educating him & the the education ministry for coming such a syllabus that produces such a rebellious child & such useless parents...

IN OTHER WORDS...THE ENTIRE SOCIETY SUCKS & IS ROTTEN TO THE ROOTS....the tree is dead!...& it is only 50 years, will not see a centennial....with people like you, the decay is enhanced...

Might as well hang the boy!...or chop his head off...where in certain part of the world...this is normal....:rolleyes:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There you go with discernment .... if it is not true , you can ask his mother.

His mother has not said that she has made a Police report. You were the one who said she made a report.

So I am asking you where did you get that information from?

Don't you see that as good discernment?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You must be living in an old age or at an age in which the PAP is living in & never got out. There are plenty of problem child out there, bred from the education system they dispense....might as well arrest his mother, a teacher & then his father, for a poor upbringing. Then charge the school on which he attend for not educating him & the the education ministry for coming such a syllabus that produces such a rebellious child & such useless parents...

IN OTHER WORDS...THE ENTIRE SOCIETY SUCKS & IS ROTTEN TO THE ROOTS....the tree is dead!...& it is only 50 years, will not see a centennial....with people like you, the decay is enhanced...

Might as well hang the boy!...or chop his head off...where in certain part of the world...this is normal....:rolleyes:

Thanks for speaking up for the silent majority

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I hve read that. That doesn't mean that Amos deserves to be arrested. I hv gone to view Amos video and I found nothing wrong with what he said.

So I am asking you to tell me what did Amos say that warrant his arrest. But you are not able to justify his arrest

Okay ... if you preside over the case... then case closed.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
His mother has not said that she has made a Police report. You were the one who said she made a report.

So I am asking you where did you get that information from?

Don't you see that as good discernment?

Sure... I read that the mother bailed Amos out too ....and he is back home.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Okay ... if you preside over the case... then case closed.

it's not a matter of case open or case closed.

Just want to give you the opportunity to think abt what you said abt Amos and whether you were justified to think that he shd be arrested and jailed

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it's not a matter of case open or case closed.

Just want to give you the opportunity to think abt what you said abt Amos and whether you were justified to think that he shd be arrested and jailed

Why don't you give yourself the opportunity to think about what you said about Amos ?

Like I say ... if you preside over the case ... the case is closed.

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. Honouring Policemen who flee from scene of trouble.
2. Arresting cartoonist who makes fun of PAP
3. Using public funds to send its grassroot people for overseas trips
4. Suing Roy for his CPF rant
5. Saying the reason aged Singaporeans are wiping tables at hawker centres because they do not want to be bored at home
6. Arresting two peaceful placard holding Singaporeans outside the Istana
7. Charging a 16-year old kid for a youtube posting, handcuffing him and holding him in remand

The way the new pap behaves is worrying. This behaviour will only alienate the govt from Singaporeans.

The pap condoning IDA defending its staff for faking educational qualifications is a sad state showing how far the pap has degenerated from LKY's time.

Welcome back, dear Tracy. Its been some time ... kinda missed you.