• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

poor mom looks tired!

ZigZag

Alfrescian
Loyal
I only watched the video once, and I recall Amos's rant to be on LKY, not Singapore. I don't think he was putting down Singapore in any way, he was just airing his views on the ex-PM. I don't see anything criminal or wrong with that.

Cheers!

If you watch carefully... he insulted LKY and the way he manage Singapore. You can't separate LKY and Singapore. They are linked tightly!

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If you watch carefully... he insulted LKY and the way he manage Singapore. You can't separate LKY and Singapore. They are linked tightly!

That is called insult LKY, they way HE manage sg, it is also insulting the HE.. pls go back and learn to listen and read.. go fuck yourself!!!

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
The country is truly fucked up. So many are upset over some comments made by a kid! Really, this indicates that Singapore is an immature society...

This country is not fucked up; sinkieland is a great country but the real fuck up are the policies implemented by the pappies which aim to please foreigners residing and working in the country.

Amos got into trouble because he violated one of the basic tenets of an orderly multiracial society in the island when he mocked a religion. Also, when he referred to LHL as a "mother ...", he overstepped the limit of tolerance.

This kid is a rebel without a cause.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This country is not fucked up; sinkieland is a great country but the real fuck up are the policies implemented by the pappies which aim to please foreigners residing and working in the country.

Amos got into trouble because he violated one of the basic tenets of an orderly multiracial society in the island when he mocked a religion. Also, when he referred to LHL as a "mother ...", he overstepped the limit of tolerance.

Still it does not warrant an arrest toward him.. He has the right to speak..

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
The country is fucked up because many people are unable to handle comments that are scathing. They won't have to if they ignored the kid. The kid got into trouble because some of these people made police reports. The police, instead of dealing with real criminals, have so much time to arrest a juvenile, and the courts too have so much time to deal with a harmless kid. What the kid said have not stirred any riots or evoked sentiments. As far as I know, Christians are not easily worked up by comments, they've seen worse. "Motherfucker" is a common word we hear everyday; just watch TV, or the movies, it is not derogatory like "nigger" or "chink" or "bastard" it is a slang used to describe a person one does not consider friendly, anyone offended by that term is just sensitive. Amos is a teenager, if we expect finesse and good-manners from teenagers, we're in for a shock. Just observe them when they're in a group on their own, or think back when we in that age group. What were we like?

The kid, is a kid. Rebellion against the norms of society is normal teenage attitude. Some release angst through sports, some through music, others via drugs, some by vandalism, Amos only released his via a crude and "in-your-face" video. He hasn't hurt anybody, damaged any property. If he insulted someone in his age group, we might see a one-to-one fist fight, which no one would say there was anything wrong. But what we have here is the force of a nation's legal weight pressed onto a kid. Someone at my office commented, "Kill a monkey to scare the chickens." I don't know how that relates to society, but somehow it looks like what is happening.

Cheers!

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He has grown out of the age of milk bottle, ready for the beer mug. And whether baby bottle or beer mug, he is entitled to his own view. Must his thoughts be in agreement with everybody else? Whether its right or wrong, everybody has a right to his/her own view. There is such a phrase, "Don't like what you hear, don't listen." If people were to be derailed by every comment made about them that is not nice, they better live on a deserted island all by themselves. Myself, I neither agree with what Amos said or means, he is just a juvenile and what he says does not affect me at all, but I am somewhat shocked by so many people reacting so vindictively to a kid who said something we hear very often.

And a group of Christians, led by someone by the name of Wally Tham signed a petition to forgive Amos. Christians are not petty over some rant by a youngster, the allegations that Amos's statements are seditious is overplayed.

Cheers!

You didn't reply to my question.

If those remarks & obscene drawings by Amos are for you and your father, would it say the same things ?

You will be clearer if you say Yes or No,

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
If he had Govern fairly and honestly no young 16 yrs wud go rattling away to release his fustration. How come it does not happen to the Mandela?

Patriot

Alfrescian
Loyal

If those remarks & obscene drawings by Amos are for you and your father, would it say the same things ?

Why make the issue personal? I have noticed in many debates that if one party does not know how to rebut the opponent's argument, he would skirt around the issue by asking personal questions and/or resort to personal attacks..

Please debate on the issues, not get personal.

Last edited:

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I don't know about Agora, but if those remarks & obscene drawings are on me and my father, I would just ignore it. A mature individual should not take heart, abuses hurled by a child or someone who is not behaving normally.

Just to reiterate a lesson learnt from a CO in the army. (I have mentioned this anecdote a number of times) In front of all other officers and external controllers, an nsf scolded him with a string of the worst hokkien vulgarities anyone can think of. The CO calmly walked away. The other officers ordered him to be arrested and locked up in the guard house. After the exercise, the CO after understanding the mental state of the soldier did not charge him. Nobody think that the soldier was right. Everyone was angry with the soldier for his foolish action in front of external controllers. The image of the CO was not tarnished. There was only praise and more respect for the CO.

Patriot

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't know about Agora, but if those remarks & obscene drawings are on me and my father, I would just ignore it. A mature individual should not take heart, abuses hurled by a child or someone who is not behaving normally.

Just to reiterate a lesson learnt from a CO in the army. (I have mentioned this anecdote a number of times) In front of all other officers and external controllers, an nsf scolded him with a string of the worst hokkien vulgarities anyone can think of. The CO calmly walked away. The other officers ordered him to be arrested and locked up in the guard house. After the exercise, the CO after understanding the mental state of the soldier did not charge him. Nobody think that the soldier was right. Everyone was angry with the soldier for his foolish action in front of external controllers. The image of the CO was not tarnished. There was only praise and more respect for the CO.

Public figures, such as politicians, entertainers are in the limelight and praise and criticism comes with their positions. If they can accept praises, they must likewise take criticisms.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The country is fucked up because many people are unable to handle comments that are scathing. They won't have to if they ignored the kid. The kid got into trouble because some of these people made police reports. The police, instead of dealing with real criminals, have so much time to arrest a juvenile, and the courts too have so much time to deal with a harmless kid. What the kid said have not stirred any riots or evoked sentiments. As far as I know, Christians are not easily worked up by comments, they've seen worse. "Motherfucker" is a common word we hear
The kid, is a kid. Rebellion against the norms of society is normal teenage attitude.

Agree. An overkill imo. Let's wait for the court to decide. Probation for him, that is my bet.

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It is pathetic... all this show of support for Amos is on cyberspace. The angmoh doesn't even dare to show his face or put his name down when he talks down on PAP.

Come on, get real...

I believed that guy doing the video is a Singaporean that's why he dare not show his face and claims he never been to Singapore because he's afraid of the government simple as that .

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Did the soldier learn the lesson ?

Quote "Everyone was angry with the soldier for his foolish action in front of external controllers." Unquote.

That is the most important question.

What is the general public think of the soldier ? Did all agree that he is wrong ?

Quote " After the exercise, the CO after understanding the mental state of the soldier did not charge him. Nobody think that the soldier was right. " Unquote

Now , I ask you the same questions for Amos.

Did he learn the lesson ?

Did everyone agree that he was wrong ?

For the above case, the CO did the right thing not to charge him because both questions have the right answers.

Last edited:

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why make the issue personal? I have noticed in many debates that if one party does not know how to rebut the opponent's argument, he would skirt around the issue by asking personal questions and/or resort to personal attacks..

Please debate on the issues, not get personal.

You don't get it, do you ?

The charges are made on Amos for all the offensive remarks against the late LKY and insensitive statements to Christianity that cause distress and harassment to the aggrieved and the public. These are the issues.

Now, it is easy for anyone to skip through the charges and say that those charges are harmless.

So, the right way to understand the feelings of the aggrieved parties is to put yourself under their skin and understand the impact of what it was said to them. If you can say to yourself, especially if the remarks were meant for you and your father that you are not at all affected, then truly, the charges are not the issues. But the sad thing is the other party has shown no remorse for what he said to you and your father.

Last edited: