• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

poor mom looks tired!

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What Amos has said, we hear the same sentiments in kopitiams, by taxi drivers, in discussion forums such as this, so it is nothing new. It just happened to be put on during the week of mourning, otherwise it would probably go unnoticed. But some people made police reports, and then the issue was blown into such a big thing here. If this happened in any other modern, industrialized society, nobody would pay attention, and it would soon fade into nothing. But here, the authorities went to confront it and had him arrested, it was all over the media, and now, it is not easy to drop the case (which is what they should have done in the first place). It's been escalated to such a level that its going to take some big shot to enter the scene and have it sorted out. What will the nation gain by punishing him? Will Amos change his thought after being "punished?" The way the authorities are treating this case only serves to reinforce his comments. Personally, I don't know how this case is going to end. It should have never gotten to this point, but it has.

Cheers!
Yes the reaction of the public by making police reports reflects on their perception on freedom of speech, which is why I said the society is not ready for his way of expression. I believe this period of remand is intended to change him. His parents may have been consulted prior to it. Many will be besurprised and disappointed if it works. The chance of "success" is quite high. There are professional means if Amos is indeed autistic. If he is another ctp, then good luck to them.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
It looks like his parents are quite unsure how to react to all the exposure too. They should have just told the public to mind their own business, and dealt with their child in their own way, privately. People make all kinds of comments and videos and post them on the internet everyday, some are stupid, some can be scathing, but mostly funny. As for the sixteen year old, he will grow out of his youthfulness some day, and look for a job, and try to look respectful to the business community, and no doubt will be less acidic, but for now, he is just a kid. You're right, people have overreacted to his post. I think these people should think back and recollect what they were like when they were that age, they'd realize Amos is just another kid.

Cheers!

Yes the reaction of the public by making police reports reflects on their perception on freedom of speech, which is why I said the society is not ready for his way of expression. I believe this period of remand is intended to change him. His parents may have been consulted prior to it. Many will be besurprised and disappointed if it works. The chance of "success" is quite high. There are professional means if Amos is indeed autistic. If he is another ctp, then good luck to them.

ZigZag

Alfrescian
Loyal
Amos, the more they bash you; the harsher your treatment, the more support you will get not only in Sinkapore but from thinking people around the world. You have a bright if not noble future to look forward to. Do not bow to oppression by the present regime. Remember the future is with people like you. Be steadfast, be brave.

Love your mom. Her love is unconditional. We owe you.

come on.....he is only a kid. What he knows about LKY? Will he understand LKY unconditional love for Singapore? He sacrifice is entire life for singapore.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
come on.....he is only a kid. What he knows about LKY? Will he understand LKY unconditional love for Singapore? He sacrifice is entire life for singapore.

Come on.. You believe this lky bullshit.. This is only for brainless, draft sinkie loser shits.

ZigZag

Alfrescian
Loyal
What Amos has said, we hear the same sentiments in kopitiams, by taxi drivers, in discussion forums such as this, so it is nothing new. It just happened to be put on during the week of mourning, otherwise it would probably go unnoticed. But some people made police reports, and then the issue was blown into such a big thing here. If this happened in any other modern, industrialized society, nobody would pay attention, and it would soon fade into nothing. But here, the authorities went to confront it and had him arrested, it was all over the media, and now, it is not easy to drop the case (which is what they should have done in the first place). It's been escalated to such a level that its going to take some big shot to enter the scene and have it sorted out. What will the nation gain by punishing him? Will Amos change his thought after being "punished?" The way the authorities are treating this case only serves to reinforce his comments. Personally, I don't know how this case is going to end. It should have never gotten to this point, but it has.

Cheers!

If Amos have the guts.....he should try staying elsewhere like in Malaysia for a year. Than he can start to compare and make judgement if Singapore is really a shit place to stay in.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Amos have the guts.....he should try staying elsewhere like in Malaysia for a year. Than he can start to compare and make judgement if Singapore is really a shit place to stay in.

Hello, better stay in Aceh Indo. heard such comparison in the 70s, today our Ministars are highest paid, lah!

ZigZag

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello, better stay in Aceh Indo. heard such comparison in the 70s, today our Ministars are highest paid, lah!

The ministers are rich....so? why compare? They are just luckier than us being a politician. One day when you get robbed and beaten up in Malaysia..... only than you will appreciate Singapore?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The ministers are rich....so? why compare? They are just luckier than us being a politician. One day when you get robbed and beaten up in Malaysia..... only than you will appreciate Singapore?

Yeah... appreciate Singapore's robberies? :rolleyes:

clementi_0.jpg

Home sweet home. :kma:

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal

It only tell you aint see day light yet!

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The country is truly fucked up. So many are upset over some comments made by a kid! Really, this indicates that Singapore is an immature society. The boy is doing what an ordinary teenage would do - blatant, crude, in-your-face attitude. And the nation gets worked up and angered by that! Too much time with nothing else to do seems like the situation. The boy has not hurt anybody, damaged any property, stole anything, and society wants to punish him and "teach him a lesson!" A lesson on what? That speaking freely is a crime? Grow up!

Cheers!

The way you say about Amos is as though he still needs his milk bottle.

If you think that he makes a good point about LKY, then you have to think that he also makes a good point about the Christian religion. You can't say he only meant to offend LKY, but not the Christian religion.

Same thing with the caricature drawing on LKY and Maggie. You can't say he makes a good point about the strong relationship between Maggie and LKY , but you don't think he meant the drawing to be offensive.

You can go on to say that when he says "Mother fucker " to LHL, you don't think he meant it to be offensive.

If all these remarks made by Amos are for you and your father, would you think the same way?

Last edited:

ZigZag

Alfrescian
Loyal

If you think that he makes a good point about LKY, then you have to think that he also makes a good point about the Christian religion. You can't say he only meant to offend LKY, but not the Christian religion.

Same thing with the caricature drawing on LKY and Maggie. You can't say he makes a good point about the strong relationship between Maggie and LKY , but you don't think he meant the drawing to be offensive.

You can go on to say that when he says "Mother fucker " to LHL, you don't think he meant it to be offensive.

If all these remarks made by Amos are for you and your father, would you think the same way?

Well said....

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I only watched the video once, and I recall Amos's rant to be on LKY, not Singapore. I don't think he was putting down Singapore in any way, he was just airing his views on the ex-PM. I don't see anything criminal or wrong with that.

Cheers!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
He has grown out of the age of milk bottle, ready for the beer mug. And whether baby bottle or beer mug, he is entitled to his own view. Must his thoughts be in agreement with everybody else? Whether its right or wrong, everybody has a right to his/her own view. There is such a phrase, "Don't like what you hear, don't listen." If people were to be derailed by every comment made about them that is not nice, they better live on a deserted island all by themselves. Myself, I neither agree with what Amos said or means, he is just a juvenile and what he says does not affect me at all, but I am somewhat shocked by so many people reacting so vindictively to a kid who said something we hear very often.

And a group of Christians, led by someone by the name of Wally Tham signed a petition to forgive Amos. Christians are not petty over some rant by a youngster, the allegations that Amos's statements are seditious is overplayed.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He has grown out of the age of milk bottle, ready for the beer mug. And whether baby bottle or beer mug, he is entitled to his own view. Must his thoughts be in agreement with everybody else? Whether its right or wrong, everybody has a right to his/her own view. There is such a phrase, "Don't like what you hear, don't listen." If people were to be derailed by every comment made about them that is not nice, they better live on a deserted island all by themselves. Myself, I neither agree with what Amos said or means, he is just a juvenile and what he says does not affect me at all, but I am somewhat shocked by so many people reacting so vindictively to a kid who said something we hear very often.

Cheers!

Astro-turfing lah.......you go Yahoo sg, the comments are more genuine. I've observed his YT video has been heavily astro-turfed in the comments.