• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Goh Meng Seng have no regrets endorsing Tan Kin Lian

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Goh Meng Seng
6 hrs ·
Core Values
Whenever there are people who criticized or questioned me on my support of Mr. Tan Kin Lian during last Presidential Election and asked me whether I regretted on my decision to support Kin Lian, I will tell them absolutely no. I have no regrets.
I know Kin Lian is not exactly a politician and sometimes, we have differences in our views on many issues. However, we share the same CORE VALUES which he has used as his campaigning platform:
Honesty
Fairness
Positive Attitudes
Courage
Public Service.
I believe that for a political engagement, regardless whether you are opposition or ruling party, these are important Core Values to start with. Of course, I have other CORE Values to add but let's leave that for another day.
I also believe that even if I were to continue my political path, I will have to get people to share the same Core Values with me to fight the battle together. If we do not have the right Core Values, whatever policies or manifestos we put up, will be screwed up or self serving. Get the Core Values right and the rest of the policies will follow on the right path.
Someone said that what if you couldn't win the elections by merely campaign on such "highfalutin" idealistic Values? I say it doesn't matter.
I decided to get into opposition politics way back in 1997 basically because I was disgusted by PAP's pork barrel politicking of HDB upgrading. I realized that this is not just about winning or losing an elections, but rather, it is about messing up with our Core Values as a society. PAP's pork barrel politicking is causing Great Harm to our society and future generations by selling the wrong values that anything can be bought off by goodies. Your principles, values and characters do not matter. This is really a BAD rotten example for our children and future generations. Anyone can buy you off at whatever price. Thus, politics to me, is not "Contest of Powers" but rather, a contest of "Core Values".
Never mind if I lose the elections because at the very least, there will be people who will agree with me and get converted to hold the right Core Values and not sell their souls to the devils. As long as the group of people who believe in having the RIGHT Core Values, we will have the chance of turning the tide one day.

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
This bloody clown cost the Oppo the Presidency.

Yes ..it costs us dearly..

Look...Tan Kin Lian is from the Finance industry and know fully well if he qualify as a Presidential candidate or not.
He is the CEO of NTUC.. and for f...cuks sake he knows fully well NTUC does not have a paid up capital of $100 million.
The money with NTUC belongs to the co-operatives and policy=holders and the full name is

..NTUC Income Insurance Co-operative Limited.

He falls into the trap as the contest is tweated to have more candidate to dilute the votes for Dr. Tan Cheng Bock.

Otherwise we will have a freer Elected President..one that have Singapore at heart..