• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dear trs, hdb has given me until tomorrow to get rid of my dog

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]DEAR TRS, HDB HAS GIVEN ME UNTIL TOMORROW TO GET RID OF MY DOG[/h]
Post date:
15 Apr 2015 - 5:36pm

Dear TRS,
I moved into my current flat about 4 years ago and have been harassed by an unknown neighbor since.

I was staying in toa payoh before and kept a small dogsince his birth. he is 12 year old now and is getting old. about 6 years ago i rescued an abandoned golden retriever who was sick and malnourished and brought it back to health.

Before moving to my current flat, i had no complaints about my 2 dogs because neighbors were all nice and friendly in old estates. ever since moving, hdb and ava visited said they received complaints from this particular neighbor. i even had notes slipped under my door warning me that if i do not remove my dog, action will be taken by this neighbor.

I visited hdb and ava to explain that i rescued thia dog and it was not causing any nuisance. as you know, government servants are just robots who stick by rules amd have to sense of compassion and reasoning. what is more disgusting is this neighbor who love to complaint for no reason.

My dogs have never cause any disturbance because they do not bark excessively. i even took recordings for a whole month everyday to determine if my dogs bark when nobody is at home. there was never a day that the dogs barked.

I approached hdb for help because i nursed the golden back to health and he is already about 10 year old. hdb insisted i give away the dog or find alternative home.

A dog is a commitment and family. u do not give them away just like that. this past 4 years has been a living hell with this neighbor slipping notes amd hdb coming to my place.

It is unfortunate that i have heartless neighbors complaining for no apparent reason. ava and hdb also surveyed my home for a period of time and found out that there were no barking coming from my home.

In the end, a dog lover and a responsible dog owner is punished because someone decided to play god. i have been given till tomorrow to remove my dog. i do not know what else to do and have exhausted my options. i can't give away a family member but hdb is not willing to amend an obsolete rule of owning dogs of an approved breed.

I hope the neighbor that is harassing me is reading this article. and i hope that someday his family member is taken away from him/her because of complaints so that he will know the pain.
Please advice me what to do. and giving up my dog is not an option.

Dog Lover
TRS Contributor

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How come this chap dont put a cctv in the front door to identify the one that is complaning and sue for harassment?

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1) Apartments, whether they be luxury condominiums or "subsidised" public housing, are a form of communal living.

2) As such even if you do own your HDB flat in the same way as you own your condominium, there are rules to follow for the benefit of the community.

3) For example, you cannot suka suka demolish this or that wall - suddenly the whole building collapse how?

4) Even for landed property, there are rules to follow. If you don't cut your grass in say Australia, the town council will come after you and rightly so. It may be your land, but your uncut grass can affect the beauty of the neighbourhood for other home owners, who also paid for their property. You are not the only joker who has money to buy a house. Not to mention health and fire hazards.

5) Condominiums in other countries can ban dogs. There are many such developments in Hong Kong for example. Don't like can always sell and move else where. The agreement between the owners as a community is no dogs. You don't have to be a part of their community if you want to keep a dog in your premises. If you didn't check the rules before you buy your flat in that development - that's your problem.

6) Given how daft and inconsiderate the daft 60% can be, it is best that HDB adopt a no dogs PERIOD policy. You want to keep dog, you go and live in condo or fark off.