• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Are fast food restaurant managers susceptible to being replaced by FTs?

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have lost touch with the local scene.

How are jobs in the fast food chains such as Mac's and Burger King ? Are outlet managers being classified as PMETs in general and are just as vulnerable to being replaced by FTs?

Or have they already been replaced ?:confused:

crackhead

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fast foods chains are no longer FAST....they used to prep burgers in bulk and you get your order almost immediately. nowadays, have to wait.....

yup, very few sinkies now seen as fast food restaurant managers....the sinkies I see are only the elders typically assigned to do the table clearing. They probably hire them to get the quotas for the FTs, even the counters are not manned by school kids anymore

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Absolutely............. many FnB mgrs are now Peenoys or Peenays

But Macdonald's and Burger King managers are not the usual F&B managers. Singaporeans used to populate these managerial positions after having spent years of part-time work at the counter as students.

How to replace the Singaporean managers ? You can't fire them for no reason and then bring in a FT manager.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have lost touch with the local scene.

How are jobs in the fast food chains such as Mac's and Burger King ? Are outlet managers being classified as PMETs in general and are just as vulnerable to being replaced by FTs?

Or have they already been replaced ?:confused:

If I am correct, all fastfood chain, 7 eleven chain, the outlets mgrs are FTs. I think it is due to the salary too low and long working hours that sinkie cannot accept. This is a bo bian lan lan case. How to compete salary with FT ? They can easily convert to their currency.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If I am correct, all fastfood chain, 7 eleven chain, the outlets mgrs are FTs. I think it is due to the salary too low and long working hours that sinkie cannot accept. This is a bo bian lan lan case. How to compete salary with FT ? They can easily convert to their currency.

PAP-speak: Sinkies are too choosy when there are ample opportunities in the F&B sector. Be grateful for an hourly wage of $5.50. :wink:

http://www.bubblews.com/news/2482160-hourly-rate-of-mcdonalds-part-timers-in-singapore

True enough, there are a few old men and women working there. They are all very active physically, and they enjoy their work.

This shows that jobs are truly abundant in Singapore, even if the hourly rate is not that fantastic.

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But Macdonald's and Burger King managers are not the usual F&B managers. Singaporeans used to populate these managerial positions after having spent years of part-time work at the counter as students.

How to replace the Singaporean managers ? You can't fire them for no reason and then bring in a FT manager.

Like it or not, it's been for many years liao..

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal

I can see that some Indian companies bought 7 Eleven franchises in Singapore (from Cold Storage) which is why you see a lot of Indians manning 7 Eleven stores these days.

Mac and BK the salaries of the managers are pretty ok considering that most are 'N' or 'O' levels. If the salaries are too slow, then FTs will not qualify for a work pass.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I can see that some Indian companies bought 7 Eleven franchises in Singapore (from Cold Storage) which is why you see a lot of Indians manning 7 Eleven stores these days.

Mac and BK the salaries of the managers are pretty ok considering that most are 'N' or 'O' levels. If the salaries are too slow, then FTs will not qualify for a work pass.

Yes 7-11 mgrs. are almost all ah neh. I think is not ah neh company bought, all the ah neh are from JB ride bike to sg to work as mgrs.

During the 80s, macs and bk mgrs. were all A level sinkie drawing sgd$1.6k as a entry trainee mgr. Now become a N and O level job and think the salary is below 1.6k but it is 30 years later . Instead of going up it is going down LOL

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes 7-11 mgrs. are almost all ah neh. I think is not ah neh company bought, all the ah neh are from JB ride bike to sg to work as mgrs.

During the 80s, macs and bk mgrs. were all A level sinkie drawing sgd$1.6k as a entry trainee mgr. Now become a N and O level job and think the salary is below 1.6k but it is 30 years later . Instead of going up it is going down LOL

The burger size also became smaller.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember Mac used to employ a lot of Malay counter staff. And if a Malay queue up for French fries, I guarantee the portion will overflow.