• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Donation to Amos Yee ..

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh yeah protect her son blindly.

Maybe she should buy him a medal if he goes out and rape someone

That is committing a crime a different story, but a mother's love is universal...to the extreme, she will protect her offspring, even that offspring had committed murder!....that is not the point!

The point is.....SINgaporeans have no balls to speak up ! do not try to deflect from what the actual thing...:rolleyes:

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That is committing a crime a different story, but a mother's love is universal...to the extreme, she will protect her offspring, even that offspring had committed murder!....that is not the point!

The point is.....SINgaporeans have no balls to speak up ! do not try to deflect from what the actual thing...:rolleyes:

Unfortunately... there are some who have the balls but not the brains to speak up.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, states that:

Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers

Thomas I. Emerson .....argued that freedom of speech helps to provide a balance between stability and change. Freedom of speech acts as a "safety valve" to let off steam when people might otherwise be bent on revolution...... "The principle of open discussion is a method of achieving a more adaptable and at the same time more stable community, of maintaining the precarious balance between healthy cleavage and necessary consensus."...... "Opposition serves a vital social function in offsetting or ameliorating (the) normal process of bureaucratic decay

Research undertaken by the Worldwide Governance Indicators project at the World Bank, indicates that freedom of speech, and the process of accountability that follows it, have a significant impact in the quality of governance of a country. "Voice and Accountability" within a country, defined as "the extent to which a country's citizens are able to participate in selecting their government, as well as freedom of expression, freedom of association, and free media" is one of the six dimensions of governance that the Worldwide Governance Indicators measure .......it is important that development agencies create grounds for effective support for a free press in developing countries

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech#cite_note-13

I am glad you quoted voice and accountability.

Freedom of expression without accountability will lead to chaos and disorder.
Conversely, when freedom comes together with responsibility and accountability, it will raise the quality of governance of a country.

This is precisely what we need.

If everyone can condemn other people's religions and races and character assassinate others without having to be accountable for one's actions in the name of freedom of expression, you can imagine what will happen to the social integration of the society. The society will collapse into lawlessness in no time.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That is why i say you are of 3rd world conditioning mindset.. in first world country, Amos's statement in the video will be debate and not be charged.. He is not on his own, he is stating what his views is and he didn't hurt anyone . PAP only abused the laws that they created to silence anyone who talk bad about them.

Everyone has the constitutional rights to express himself, even towards political leaders.

primary and secondary school should be educated on the rights of every citizens but PAP is too coward to do that.. and people like you will use such ignorance of people to tell others he has no right to express himself and must follow certain code to express themselves, FUCK YOU!!!

If Amos video ranting is called "First World" debate , then MPs in our Parliament should follow suit with names calling, screaming vulgarities, calling mothers bitches and cursing every known religion.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Conversely, when freedom comes together with responsibility and accountability, it will raise the quality of governance of a country.

If everyone can condemn other people's religions and races and character assassinate others without having to be accountable for one's actions in the name of freedom of expression, you can imagine what will happen to the social integration of the society. The society will collapse into lawlessness in no time.

your accountability seems to mean political correctness???

to describe Lee Kuan yew,this dogfuck , do not need to be nice or polite.. he is a shit ass means a shit ass, there is no way to make the word" shit ass" nice..

People has the right to show their disgust and hate toward Lee Kuan Yew but not others and this is what is called responsibility.. Amos didn't go around bashing other people...and for that , it is called accountability. He only direct it at LKY on his view towards him and of course his idea of Christianity.. which is totally alright!!!!

how can a normal human being be nice and "politically correct" to a person like LKY who bankrupt, caused the death , drive away political opponent so that he can stay in power.. nothing nice will be said of such man.. This is called being natural way to describe an asshole. This is also call natural human reaction, which i think your PAP conditioned mind would not understand.

Keep on being brainwashed and being a 3rd world minded loser... i look forward to see more of your post on this to show everyone how a 3rd world mind post in a forum.

If PAP and lee kuan yew want others to be nice to them, then they must have the caliber for that..to me, they have none.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If Amos video ranting is called "First World" debate , then MPs in our Parliament should follow suit with names calling, screaming vulgarities, calling mothers bitches and cursing every known religion.

the MPs in your parliament need not even to use name, and vulgarities and can see clearly on the way they discuss issue, is already a 3rd world caliber standard..that is how your MPs are wasting taxpayers money and even use more taxpayers money to silence others who say they are useless shit.

using taxpayers money to silence others to keep themselves in power.. wahahah... i thought taxpayer money is to be used to help the citizen instead but they use it to silence others and make them lose their job.. what a loser..

first world countries never silence others when posting such video.. this is the hard truth.. in which PAP losers like you do not understand.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the MPs in your parliament need not even to use name, and vulgarities and can see clearly on the way they discuss issue, is already a 3rd world caliber standard..that is how your MPs are wasting taxpayers money and even use more taxpayers money to silence others who say they are useless shit.

using taxpayers money to silence others to keep themselves in power.. wahahah... i thought taxpayer money is to be used to help the citizen instead but they use it to silence others and make them lose their job.. what a loser..

first world countries never silence others when posting such video.. this is the hard truth.. in which PAP losers like you do not understand.

I guess you are evading my point.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

one more point on this is that, PAP failed to understand that the more they impose law to restrict the freedom of expression, the more people are deny on their adaptability to counter such level of expression and speech.

PAP do not want the people to adapt and grow to the context of freedom of speech and expression solely because they want to be in power and control.. human being will be gradually adapted and "evloved" to the freedom of speech and expression which will improve the social quality of the country..

PAP, like you, using the excuse of lawlessness and using it as an excuse too to silence others and stop the adaptation and evolution of society to the context of freedom of speech and expression .. pls do not insult the intelligence of others... you are getting lousy at it now..

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
your accountability seems to mean political correctness???

to describe Lee Kuan yew,this dogfuck , do not need to be nice or polite.. he is a shit ass means a shit ass, there is no way to make the word" shit ass" nice..

People has the right to show their disgust and hate toward Lee Kuan Yew but not others and this is what is called responsibility.. Amos didn't go around bashing other people...and for that , it is called accountability. He only direct it at LKY on his view towards him and of course his idea of Christianity.. which is totally alright!!!!

how can a normal human being be nice and "politically correct" to a person like LKY who bankrupt, caused the death , drive away political opponent so that he can stay in power.. nothing nice will be said of such man.. This is called being natural way to describe an asshole. This is also call natural human reaction, which i think your PAP conditioned mind would not understand.

Keep on being brainwashed and being a 3rd world minded loser... i look forward to see more of your post on this to show everyone how a 3rd world mind post in a forum.

If PAP and lee kuan yew want others to be nice to them, then they must have the caliber for that..to me, they have none.

You missed the point.

Anyone can call anyone a "shit ass" or whatever, but he must be prepared to face the rebuttal and the consequences if the other person deems it as a defamation of his character or reputation.

No one is stopping anyone from calling his mother a bitch or calling LKY names, but there is a process of accountability that must come with freedom of expression as what the World UN said.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I guess you are evading my point.

first world as means of society being able to counter such debate in a first world manner, not resorting to charges and courts and jail bullshit.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
first world as means of society being able to counter such debate in a first world manner, not resorting to charges and courts and jail bullshit.

Hah... you are proposing the late LKY should use vulgarities and draw caricatures to counter so called "debate"?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You missed the point.

Anyone can call anyone a "shit ass" or whatever, but he must be prepared to face the rebuttal and the consequences if the other person deems it as a defamation of his character or reputation.

No one is stopping anyone from calling his mother a bitch or calling LKY names, but there is a process of accountability that must come with freedom of expression as what the World UN said.

There is no need for the courts and law to come in to be the consequences of Amos action.. the society is supposed to counter that by themselves without the interference of rules and law on expression and speech.. that is the whole point.

a wise govt will know that people take time to adapt to the context of freedom of speech and expression and the govt will do ways to support that..

it is about the govt if they support that or not..

wise citizens can see that clearly and will vote and protest out a govt who do not support this..

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Everyone should donate.
As a show of support even if it's $1.....it's to show the Leegime the number of people supporting him

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hah... you are proposing the late LKY should use vulgarities and draw caricatures to counter so called "debate"?

To counter a debate , there is no need to use vulgarities but if the person choose to use it, it is his right.. the court and law should not interfered.

it is up to the citizens and people to counter his mannerism of that person and no need for the court and law to come into the picture..

as i said in my previous post..a wise govt will know that it takes time for citizen to adapt and "evolve" in the context of freedom of speech and expression and a wise govt will create policies to support that... this, the PAP govt did not do it..

Citizens who are wise will vote out such an unwise govt.. well.. this is one way the PAP govt do it to keep themselves in power..which i see it as a 3rd world behaviour and action. SIngpaore do not need a 3rd world govt like PAP..period.

for the sake of argument and driving my point, let say Lee kuan yew choose to use vulgarities in his speech to address the international community or in the UN.. what will the heads of other countries think of him? Not good at all.. with the bad impression, do you think the heads of other countries will partner with singapore with projects in future?? Hell no..!!

and is there a UN security to silence the vulgar Lee kuan yew? ... Not at all..

The act of no head of countries to partner with Singapore due to his use of vulgarities is the consequences.. there is no need for any authority to silence him .. this is how free speech and expression consequences work..

and let say LKY learn that it is not right to use such words, he will not do so in the next UN meeting or the next speech in addressing the international community.. and the other heads will remind him not to speak like that.. or the other heads will counter him with their own lecture towards him or else he will not be invited to the meeting again.

in this example, the international community is like the other citizens in the country and the vulgar LKY is like Amos...

and my point is, the objective of silencing of free speech and expression by PAP is not to have a peaceful society, it is to keep themselves in power.. If silencing of people is so effective and first world, why the first world nations are not doing it.

Last edited:

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is no need for the courts and law to come in to be the consequences of Amos action.. the society is supposed to counter that by themselves without the interference of rules and law on expression and speech.. that is the whole point.

a wise govt will know that people take time to adapt to the context of freedom of speech and expression and the govt will do ways to support that..

it is about the govt if they support that or not..

wise citizens can see that clearly and will vote and protest out a govt who do not support this..

hah.. if you remember ... it was Famous Amos who threw the gauntlet to LHL to sue him as though LHL doesn't have the balls to do so.

There is no need for the court if what is said is not damaging to the reputation and character of the person.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hah.. if you remember ... it was Famous Amos who threw the gauntlet to LHL to sue him as though LHL doesn't have the balls to do so.

There is no need for the court if what is said is not damaging to the reputation and character of the person.

Dun be a gong cheebye la....
Pappy pet kangaroos holding court

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To counter a debate , there is no need to use vulgarities but if the person choose to use it, it is his right.. the court and law should not interfered.

it is up to the citizens and people to counter his mannerism of that person and no need for the court and law to come into the picture..

as i said in my previous post..a wise govt will know that it takes time for citizen to adapt and "evolve" in the context of freedom of speech and expression and a wise govt will create policies to support that... this, the PAP govt did not do it..

Citizens who are wise will vote out such an unwise govt.. well.. this is one way the PAP govt do it to keep themselves in power..which i see it as a 3rd world behaviour and action. SIngpaore do not need a 3rd world govt like PAP..period.

for the sake of argument and driving my point, let say Lee kuan yew choose to use vulgarities in his speech to address the international community or in the UN.. what will the heads of other countries think of him? Not good at all.. with the bad impression, do you think the heads of other countries will partner with singapore with projects in future?? Hell no..!!

and is there a UN security to silence the vulgar Lee kuan yew? ... Not at all..

The act of no head of countries to partner with Singapore due to his use of vulgarities is the consequences.. there is no need for any authority to silence him .. this is how free speech and expression consequences work..

and let say LKY learn that it is not right to use such words, he will not do so in the next UN meeting or the next speech in addressing the international community.. and the other heads will remind him not to speak like that.. or the other heads will counter him with their own lecture towards him or else he will not be invited to the meeting again.

in this example, the international community is like the other citizens in the country and the vulgar LKY is like Amos...

Say now for the same example, LKY condemns the international community and tells them " sue me and I am more than happy to dance with you ", what do you think ?