• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How to have a pre-paid SG number for more than 6 months when you staying overseas

fwchong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

Does anyone know how we can get a Singapore pre-paid number that we can keep on using or renewing for as long as we hold it if we are overseas and cannot be able to get someone to renew the pre-paid number every 6 months.

koala88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

Does anyone know how we can get a Singapore pre-paid number that we can keep on using or renewing for as long as we hold it if we are overseas and cannot be able to get someone to renew the pre-paid number every 6 months.

Are you in SG? If you are, please call the service provider.

I have Singtel prepaid card. You can top up your prepaid up to keep the number alive. You have to check the expiry date of your prepaid card and you need to top up before it expires.

Topping up can be done in various way - to go Singtel website to top up - credit card accepted or you buy vouchers when you are in SG and pay for the top up when you are overseas. Alternatively, you can ask your friend to top for you.

However if you have lots of credit in your prepaid card, you can call them to extend for you by deducting a token sum from your prepaid card balance.

Let me know if you need more details.

fwchong

Alfrescian
Loyal
No, I am based overseas now and I have already cut off my Singapore credit card but not sure if they can accept overseas credit card payment.

I also heard that singtel charges for whatsapps and want to check if M1 or Starhub do that ?

koala88

Alfrescian
Loyal
No, I am based overseas now and I have already cut off my Singapore credit card but not sure if they can accept overseas credit card payment.

I also heard that singtel charges for whatsapps and want to check if M1 or Starhub do that ?

Since you are out of SG and without a credit card, I am not sure if they accept deduction from your Savings account. If they do, then make your payment there to keep the number alive.

If they do not, then ask your friends/relatives in SG to help - give them your phone number and ask them to top it up for you via those AXS [?] machine in SG.

Top up larger amount [e.g. S$20 instead of S$10] to stretch the expiry date and thus not bothering your friends/relatives too much.

Alternatively, when you are at overseas, you can call Singtel Hotline +65 64822800 to extend your expiry date.

Sorry, don't know about that whatsapps charges, M1 and Starhub.

koala88

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have already cut off my Singapore credit card but not sure if they can accept overseas credit card payment.

When you are back SG the next time, do buy top up vouchers from those mobile shops. Make sure the expiry date of the vouchers are not too close.

Getloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
Get someone to get you a prepaid card.
You can top up via AXS mobile app.
They will sms you when the expiry date near.

fwchong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Get someone to get you a prepaid card.
You can top up via AXS mobile app.
They will sms you when the expiry date near.

Is it true that Singapore pre-paid cannot roam overseas or if can, the charges will be high...sigh!!!!

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Prepaid card can roam but need to activate first, also the calling method is different pls check with telcos :biggrin: