• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

if Adrian Pang plays LKY, guess who plays his wife?

hurley

Alfrescian
Loyal
can recognize?

lky-musical.jpg

The LKY Musical, set to open in July, will highlight the late Mr Lee’s college life as well as the days leading up to independent Singapore. Actress Sharon Au will play Mr Lee's wife Mdm Kwa Geok

The main cast of Metropolitan Productions' The LKY Musical was revealed at a media conference on Monday (Apr 13).

The LKY Musical commemorates Singapore's 50th year of independence and will open on Jul 21 at the MasterCard Theatres at Marina Bay Sands.

It is described as "a tale of high drama, intrigue, betrayal, love and loyalty," and "offers new insights into the emotional struggle faced by LKY and his friends at a time when Singapore history balanced on a knife-edge".

Its script is written by US playwright Tony Petito, the founding artistic director of the Singapore Repertory Theatre. It is based on a story by Singaporean writer Meira Chand, who had previously written books that look at issues surrounding culture and identity.

Music veteran Dick Lee will write the music for the production, which will be directed by Steven Dexter.

The LKY Musical also stars Sebastian Tan as rickshaw puller Koh Teong Koo and Benjamin Chow as trade union leader Lim Chin Siong.

- CNA/xk

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/adrian-pang-to-play-lee/1780624.html

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Got sex scene? Must show us how Lee Hsien Loong was conceived... what position, what costumes, location, sober or drunk etc.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alamak! at least choose or pick actor / actress that look alike!!!

Sharon and Adrian doesn't look or resemble our x PM!!

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
malays as usual will be excluded from the play. especially when the play involves the guy who committed ethnic cleansing of their ghettos.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
u cant be serious,first off i dont watch local tv and know jackshit about singapore programming and all singaporean actors sucks donkey balls but you choose that guy to act as LKY?the only role that guy is suitable for is if LKY was a kopi boy working in some kopitiam back in 1950s singapore which i know he isnt cause he went to CAMBRIDGE!!!!!!this is not some coffeeshop channel 5 drama for christ sake!!!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
u cant be serious,first off i dont watch local tv and know jackshit about singapore programming and all singaporean actors sucks donkey balls but you choose that guy to act as LKY?the only role that guy is suitable for is if LKY was a kopi boy working in some kopitiam back in 1950s singapore which i know he isnt cause he went to CAMBRIDGE!!!!!!this is not some coffeeshop channel 5 drama for christ sake!!!

Hey, at least this will be more authentic than the other LKY musical performed by Pinoys. I wonder who will get the role of LKY in that? :rolleyes:

Philippines theater group to stage play about S’poreans & Lee Kuan Yew
http://www.theonlinecitizen.com/201...up-to-stage-play-about-sporeans-lee-kuan-yew/

One movie, two stage performances, a DVD set and an exhibited red box. Going all out to shore up ah gong's legacy. :wink:

takashi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope Dick Lee slips a few clever back-handed compliments into the screenplay. :wink:
With a name like "Dick" and a chiobu like Sharon Au distracting/inspiring him, he might end up slipping his own "dick" in! :wink::biggrin::p

[video=youtube;51E-wJCnKp8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51E-wJCnKp8[/video]

Last edited: