• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Modern was what LKY gave us, we never inherited modern from the British

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
‪Overheard‬: "Mind you, I was born in 1974 and for the first few years of my life I lived in a kampong in Punggol, near the Nativity Church of the Blessed Virgin Mary, where some of my neighbors continued to shit and pee in outhouses till we were relocated to modern HDB estates in the early 80s. Modern my foot. Modern was what Mr Lee Kuan Yew gave us. We never, NEVER inherited "modern" from the British."
Some people have tried to make light of Mr Lee Kuan Yew's achievements for Singapore by saying that Singapore was already a well-developed country when Mr Lee took charge, that it was a modern city and so on.
Well, perhaps by the standard of that time, it was considered a modern city, but then a picture speaks a thousand words, so they say. So let's take a look at the Singapore that Mr Lee took charged.

Patriot

Alfrescian
Loyal

Well, perhaps by the standard of that time, it was considered a modern city, but then a picture speaks a thousand words, so they say. So let's take a look at the Singapore that Mr Lee took charged.

So, where's the picture?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All your PAP IB material posted here can be found here:

http://www.lovelysingapore.org/news-by-others/

HGkryCf.png

PAP IBs fail to understand that urbanisation is not something that is unique to Singapore. :rolleyes:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
‪Overheard‬: "Mind you, I was born in 1974 and for the first few years of my life I lived in a kampong in Punggol, near the Nativity Church of the Blessed Virgin Mary, where some of my neighbors continued to shit and pee in outhouses till we were relocated to modern HDB estates in the early 80s. Modern my foot. Modern was what Mr Lee Kuan Yew gave us. We never, NEVER inherited "modern" from the British."
Some people have tried to make light of Mr Lee Kuan Yew's achievements for Singapore by saying that Singapore was already a well-developed country when Mr Lee took charge, that it was a modern city and so on.

those who shit in outhouses were illegals. And claim citizenship later. those who came earlier mostly live in decent housing.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. Let's look at what the Brits made of Singapore by the 50s/60s.

A flourishing and functioning deep harbour port, oil refinery, schooling and educational instituitions, legal and administrative system, hospitals, five airfields (Paya Lebar was able to accommodate any commercial jet of the day), water treatment plant. There were MNC factories and banks in Singapore even before the word globalisation was coined (Ford, Castrol, Union Carbide had plants here). Even before WW2, Singapore had the largest floating dry dock in the world! This was scuttled by the Brits before the Nips occupied the island. Most of all, Singapore had a law-abiding and orderly society which was easy to rule. In a nutshell, the PAP simply took the baton from the Brits and carried on running with it. More importantly, there was regional peace, we can all thank the collective agreement and efforts of the founders of ASEAN for that. Singapore had some social disruptions, but they were really puny when compared with "disruptions" that happened elsewhere in the world.

Cheers!