• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Middle East] - Filipino maid raped by employer saved after she posted Facebook video

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
[Bahrain, Middle East] - A 28 yr old Filipino maid has been rescued by the Philippine embassy after she posting a tearful Facebook video crying that she had been repeatedly raped and beaten by her rich employer's son for months (note : this is sadly a far too common but mostly unreported ongoing atrocity in oil-rich Middle East countries against foreign female domestic workers), and he even threatened to murder her and dump her body in the Bahrain desert if she ever told anyone. Thanks to social media (in this case, Facebook), she is now safely in the Philippine embassy, but there is no guarantee the rich man's son will be successfully convicted for his rape.

abbyluna.jpg

Facebook Video :
http://news.asiaone.com/news/crime/...facebook-plea-over-alleged-rape-employers-son

M0TAR0

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: [Middle East] - Filipino maid raped by employer saved after she posted Facebook v

Filipino maid 'beaten and raped' is rescued from Bahrain employer after Facebook appeal goes viral

PUBLISHED : Friday, 10 April, 2015, 8:05pm
UPDATED : Saturday, 11 April, 2015, 10:53am

Agence France-Presse in Bahrain

abby-luna.jpg

Staff at the Philippine embassy were alerted to the plight of Abby Luna, (pictured) after she posted a video on her Facebook page. Photo: SCMP Pictures

The Philippines rescued a Filipino maid from her employer in Bahrain after she posted a desperate cry for help on her Facebook page.

Staff at the Philippine embassy were alerted to the plight of Abby Luna, who claims she was raped and beaten by her employer’s son, after she posted the video on her Facebook page. The video attracted about 78,000 shares and 19,000 likes.

“The rescue was prompted by the video message... She is now under the care of our embassy,” foreign ministry spokesman Charles Jose said. Philippine embassy officials and staff from Luna’s employment agency picked her up from her employer’s house, Jose said, adding that police were investigating the incident.

Luna’s alleged assailant denied to he attacked her, Ricky Aragon, vice-consul at the Philippine embassy in Bahrain, said.

In the three-minute long video, which appears to have been made on a webcam, a sobbing Luna accused her employer’s “drug addict” son of raping her. She also posted a written appeal for viewers to contact the Philippine embassy on her behalf.

“Help me get out of here. I’m scared. Until now, my genitals hurt. My leg is bruised. He (attacker) punched my leg to immobilise me,” said the 28-year-old, who had been working in Bahrain for a year.

“After my employer’s son abused me, he threatened to kill me and bury me in the desert if I tell anyone about what happened.”

Luna said her employer did not believe her claims of being raped and beaten and insisted she finish the remaining two months of her contract before she could go home. Her employer also told her to have an abortion if she fell pregnant, she added.

Luna is among an estimated 10 million Filipinos working overseas to escape poverty and high levels of unemployment in the Philippines.

Many overseas Filipino workers, who account for a tenth of the country’s population of 100 million, work in menial jobs and endure dangerous working conditions.

Last year, a Filipino maid, Nargelene Mendez, was rescued from a house in Saudi Arabia after posting a video on her Facebook page claiming her employer had abused her.

In Hong Kong, Erwiana Sulistyaningsih, an Indonesian domestic worker accused her employer of subjecting her to six months of physical abuse.

Erwiana, 23, underwent treatment at the Amal Sehat Islamic Hospital in Sragen, Indonesia, after boarding a flight from the SAR.

Photographs of Erwiana’s injuries quickly spread through social media and led to a demonstration of thousands of people through Hong Kong’s Central district. Police arrested her employer former beautician Law Wan-tung on January 20, 2014, as she tried to board a flight to Thailand. She was sentenced to six years in prison and fined HK$15,000 earlier this year.

Maids working in the Middle East frequently suffer abuse.

Human Rights Watch has called on the United Arab Emirates to reform a restrictive visa system and pass a labour law to stop domestic workers are not exploited.

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: [Middle East] - Filipino maid raped by employer saved after she posted Facebook v

She look more pretty than those pinay working as maid in singapore...

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If she was a Sporean working in Bahrain, her plight would probably be ignored by the Spore authorities.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I always wonder why so many foreign workers flock to the Gulf nations for work, even though Arabs are notorious for not paying on time and abusing their labourers? Promises of high pay are worthless if they are not kept. Arabs only put up a sense of honour in cheap stuff as such buying you lunch to show that they are a good host. But they show their true colours in the way they mistreat those working for them.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is what happens when u have shit politicians in your country instead of LKY. I can definitely picture that happening if any of the clowns from Oppo rule the country.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I always wonder why so many foreign workers flock to the Gulf nations for work, even though Arabs are notorious for not paying on time and abusing their labourers? Promises of high pay are worthless if they are not kept. Arabs only put up a sense of honour in cheap stuff as such buying you lunch to show that they are a good host. But they show their true colours in the way they mistreat those working for them.

Because they pay higher than sinkees.

SuckMyKiss

Alfrescian
Loyal

This is what happens when u have shit politicians in your country instead of LKY. I can definitely picture that happening if any of the clowns from Oppo rule the country.

Bookmarked.

PLP using it for political mileage where maid abuse happens in many countries.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

If she was a Sporean working in Bahrain, her plight would probably be ignored by the Spore authorities.

there's hardly any Singapore embassy around to check facebook, unless it's a praise or insult.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

instead of doing something meaningful she rather be an attention whore and FB to the world that she has an unsextifying session with her employer.

that is what pinoys are made to be.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

now quickly fuck off go look for cuntry rules by LKY lah

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That cheapskate raghead never pay la.....
If he stuffed some money to her probably will keep her quiet.

Btw raiders say the pinoy very chio and bonkable

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

CABcommander

Alfrescian
Loyal

sKItc.gif

This is what a SHIT politician looks like :biggrin: