• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Goh Yong Hong Dies , Aged 76

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE- The country's longest-serving police chief, Mr Goh Yong Hong, who introduced the community policing system here, died on Friday at the age of 76.

Mr Goh, who died at the Singapore General Hospital after being admitted two weeks ago for an illness, headed the police force from 1979 to 1992.

In a condolence message on Saturday, Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean said: "During his time as Commissioner of Police, he introduced the concept of community policing. I also knew him when he was a vice-president of the Singapore National Olympic Council. He had a deep passion for sports."

The Singapore Police Force said in a statement that Mr Goh introduced the Neighbourhood Watch Scheme and formed the National Crime Prevention Council, both in 1981, and set up neighbourhood police posts inThe moves "marked a shift from reactive, investigation-based policing to a more proactive policing approach that emphasised prevention and community co-operation", the statement said.

"He was an exemplary leader who had built a strong foundation of professionalism and community trust for the police," said police commissioner Hoong Wee Teck of Mr Goh's leadership.

Mr Goh leaves his wife Teresa, 77, daughters France, 50, Dawn, 48, son Gerard, 42, and eight grandchildren.

The wake will be held until Monday night at Mount Vernon Sanctuary. A private funeral will be held on Tuesday.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mr Goh, who died at the Singapore General Hospital after being admitted two weeks ago for an illness, headed the police force from 1979 to 1992.

Was it acute pneumonia? :wink:

rambo22

Alfrescian
Loyal
old man very power

even down there he also need police protection

fast leg fast hand he summon his ex police chief to protect him

will Davindar be next? in case he need to sue someone who talk
bad about him

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal
GohYongHong110415e.jpg

SINGAPORE- The country's longest-serving police chief, Mr Goh Yong Hong, who introduced the community policing system here, died on Friday at the age of 76.

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal

In a condolence message on Saturday, Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean said: "During his time as Commissioner of Police, he introduced the concept of community policing. I also knew him when he was a vice-president of the Singapore National Olympic Council. He had a deep passion for sports."

The Singapore Police Force said in a statement that Mr Goh introduced the Neighbourhood Watch Scheme and formed the National Crime Prevention Council, both in 1981, and set up neighbourhood police posts inThe moves "marked a shift from reactive, investigation-based policing to a more proactive policing approach that emphasised prevention and community co-operation", the statement said.

"He was an exemplary leader who had built a strong foundation of professionalism and community trust for the police," said police commissioner Hoong Wee Teck of Mr Goh's leadership.

Mr Goh leaves his wife Teresa, 77, daughters France, 50, Dawn, 48, son Gerard, 42, and eight grandchildren.

The wake will be held until Monday night at Mount Vernon Sanctuary. A private funeral will be held on Tuesday.

No state funeral ?

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sumiko's former lover.

Perhaps [GoldenDragon] may be able to provide more of what he heard when he was with the SPF.

In the past, I heard that GYH used to live in one of the Loyang Valley condos.

Last edited:

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal
What happened to Morgan the Kidnapper ( Siang Lim Park Gunfight )?

Many of you who have read my recent previous post titled, " Gunfight at Siang Lim Park August 1965", must have been left wondering what eventually happened to that elusive and most wanted gunman...Morgan Teo aka Morgan the Kidnapper.

If you have googled the net about this long-forgotten top criminal you would have been disappointed. There is practically nothing very much out there about him and a few of his infamous brethren in crime...top wanted killers and gunmen such as Oh Kim Kee and Lim Ban Lim. But much have been reported about their legendary misdeeds mainly in the press of those years.

Unk Dicko is certain he has news clips about some of these chaps...but have not located them yet. The reason I am so certain is I knew I had over the years, collected news reports of major crimes committed and their aftermath.

Nevertheless, the answer to what eventually happened to Morgan the Kidnapper must be told. My recollection is based entirely on memory of the events as I can recall today.

Morgan Teo and his gang had been involved in a string of high profile kidnappings where ransom was paid for the release of those he captured. He was known to skip in and out of Singapore to nearby Indonesia. He was considered very dangerous.

Besides the guns he always carried with him, he was also known to have quite an arsenal or cache of smuggled arms and weapons, such as hand grenades.

That day in Siang Lim Park, he threw 2 of these grenades at the police ambush party. After fatally shooting Inspector Allan Lim of the CID, he eluded capture and made his escape from my kampong.

Whenever a police officer has been killed by a criminal, a no-holds barred response from the police is expected. Morgan has to be captured dead or alive!

The police intelligence went into an overdrive mode in an all out attempt to pin-point his whereabouts. Was he still on the island?

Or has he slipped away again to Indonesia or M'sia?

By making the fatal mistake of shooting dead a Singapore Police Officer, Morgan had in a way, signed his own death warrant. The heat was on! It wasn't very long before the police confirmed his whereabouts. He was still hiding out on the island.

The police knew precisely where he was. They also knew from past experience he was likely heavily armed. This time, the police probably realised they cannot afford to be embarassed a 2nd time.

The police raiding party was led by then Superintendent Goh Yong Hong ( CID ), other police officers and a crack team of police snipers from the Gurkhas Police. All of them were to play a decisive part in bringing an end to the reign of terror by Morgan Teo.

Where was the location of this shootout?

It was in the heart of Serangoon Gardens Estate itself....a house in St Helier's Avenue.

The house was surrounded by the crack police team, with Gurkhas snipers from hidden vantage points, covering all windows,openings, doors and possible escape routes. There was no fairy tale escape this time for Morgan. In the ensuing firefight, he was shot and killed.

Thus ended one of the most unforgettable chapter of the criminal story in Singapore.
Supt Goh Yong Hong was eventually promoted to the highest rank in our police force...
Commissioner of Police.

JOKERCHEW

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks. Very Bestest article.

para 13. The police knew precisely where he was....

so,last time, dont have : "he is in singapore or outside singapore".

What do you think?

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
aiyah............not as if this joker killed the gunman what..............typical of our Police FARCE..........ikan bilis do all the work, the crabs get the credit and promotions........

LEEgime

Alfrescian
Loyal
SG50 Huat! LEEgime chief mata dog mati!

http://m.todayonline.com/singapore/former-police-commissioner-goh-yong-hong-dies-age-76

Former Police Commissioner Goh Yong Hong dies at age 76

Fomer Police Commissioner Goh Yong Hong. Photo: Singapore Police Force
mail
View all 0 comments

PUBLISHED: 7:57 PM, APRIL 11, 2015
SINGAPORE — The former Commissioner of Police, Mr Goh Yong Hong, died yesterday (April 10) at age 76.

Mr Goh held the post of Commissioner of Police from 1979 to 1992. His career with the Singapore Police Force (SPF) began in 1961 and spanned 31 years.

During his tenure, Mr Goh held various appointments in police land divisions and the Criminal Investigation Department before becoming the Deputy Commissioner of Police (Operations) in 1976. He assumed the position of Commissioner of Police in 1979 and held the role for 13 years until his retirement in 1992.

In Mr Goh’s capacity as Commissioner of Police, he oversaw the set up of the Neighbourhood Police Posts in 1983. In 1981, the Neighbourhood Watch Scheme and National Crime Prevention Council were created under his watch.

Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean today offered his condolences to Mr Goh’s family upon hearing his demise, and spoke of his achievements: “Mr Goh Yong Hong served as Commissioner of Police for 13 years. During his time as (Commissioner of Police), he introduced the concept of community policing. I also knew him when he was a Vice President of the Singapore National Olympic Council. He had a deep passion for sports. My deepest condolences to his family during this difficult time,” said Mr Teo.

Commissioner of Police, Mr Hoong Wee Teck, also expressed his sadness on behalf of the entire SPF: “We are saddened by the passing of Mr Goh Yong Hong. He was an exemplary leader who had built a strong foundation of professionalism and community trust for the Force. My officers and I are the fortunate beneficiaries of his legacy, and will continue his work to make Singapore the safest city in the world. We thank Mr Goh for his many contributions to the SPF.”

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
aiyah............not as if this joker killed the gunman what..............typical of our Police FARCE..........ikan bilis do all the work, the crabs get the credit and promotions........

Lau Goh had lots of charisma. Boon Hui, Tua Bah and Joo Hee combined together multiply by 10 also cant smell Yong Hong's armpit.

When it comes to wearing uniform, Lau Goh is the best. He is tall with good posture unlike a shortie and a hunchback wearing ugly unauthorised shoes! Clown

Sadly, none did well enough. Goh went Turf Club, Ah Bah High Commissioner, Ah Hui Sr DS and Ah Hee just DS Special Duties aka do FO.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
old man very power

even down there he also need police protection

fast leg fast hand he summon his ex police chief to protect him

will Davindar be next? in case he need to sue someone who talk
bad about him

Next likely to be Winston Choo Chee Hong. Yong Pung Siao also good bet. Could well be both at the same time. Those on waiting list includes his ex-PPS, Koo Tsai Kee who helped out during MTP sessions and of course, a director from ISD.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Next likely to be Winston Choo Chee Hong. Yong Pung Siao also good bet. Could well be both at the same time. Those on waiting list includes his ex-PPS, Koo Tsai Kee who helped out during MTP sessions and of course, a director from ISD.

Winston Choo appears to be in good health, although he has always been pleasantly plump.

The learned Yong is close to the finish line.

Khoo Tsai Kee is not that old, may be around age 62 to 65 (Colombo Plan Scholar).