• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore gahmen should stop indiscriminately blowing people's limbs off to get rich

bic_cherry

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore gahmen should stop indiscriminately blowing people's limbs off to get rich...

Land mine injury:
BcyCn7PCQAAAaNF.jpg
Pict source: https://twitter.com/crazyinjuries__/status/417852487995883520

Even Ms Elephant is (an innocent) victim too:
Asian%20elephant%20Motala%20receives%20prosthetic%20leg%20ten%20years%20after%20landmine%20injury_1962_1_1___Selected.jpg
http://optimistworld.com/Asian-elephant-Motala-prosthetic-leg-landmine-injury/

I believe that ST Kinetics is probably a Temasek linked company, which means that profits from selling landmines to other countries accrues richly towards CEO's annual bonus, not least shareholder's pockets.

Singapore ministerial salary is linked to CEO salary if not national GDP, a not insignificant bit of which is from selling weapons of war/ social conflict to other countries...

"It is time for Singapore to rethink this policy and join 163 other nations around the globe that have concluded that anti-personnel landmines deserve to be consigned to the dustbin of history."
http://www.straitstimes.com/premium...-singapore-get-board-mine-ban-treaty-20150409
The Straits Times; Published on Apr 09, 2015
Time for Singapore to get on board mine ban treaty
SINGAPORE has consistently stated its support for disarmament measures at the United Nations.
However, in 1997, when the Mine Ban Treaty came into existence, Singapore chose to remain outside it, despite consistently voting in favour of an annual General Assembly resolution urging nations to join the Mine Ban Treaty in subsequent years.
This key contemporary disarmament measure has saved thousands of lives, and 80 per cent of the world's governments are now part of the treaty.
The devastation caused by landmines may not touch the lives of the ordinary person in Singapore, which means there is little public pressure on the Government to review its policy.
This year, an advertising agency in Singapore has been placing chairs in school study halls in Singapore, where one leg is a crutch. The story of a landmine victim is available via a QR code on the accompanying table.
This noble effort will help increase young Singaporeans' understanding of the devastation caused by this weapon.
Landmines are a globally condemned and banned weapon due to their inherently indiscriminate nature. Once a landmine is laid, it does not choose between a combatant and a civilian.
Landmines usually remain active long after the fighting is over and become a deadly legacy of armed conflicts.
It makes little difference to nearby communities if one landmine or a thousand exist in their fields or roads, as the uncertainty regarding the presence of a landmine is debilitating; it terrorises communities and halts or limits mobility and access to productive resources.
Singapore remains one of the few manufacturers of anti-personnel landmines. These used to be manufactured by ST Kinetics under the licence of an Italian company. However, once Italy joined the Mine Ban Treaty, the licence was cancelled, and it is a question as to whether Singapore can still legally manufacture the landmines.
It is time for Singapore to rethink this policy and join 163 other nations around the globe that have concluded that anti-personnel landmines deserve to be consigned to the dustbin of history.

Yeshua Moser-Puangsuwan (Dr)
http://www.straitstimes.com/premium...-singapore-get-board-mine-ban-treaty-20150409
CEOs listen to PAP Ministers only because PAP minister's earn more, Ministers listen to CEO's because Minister's salary is pegged to CEO pay, so ministers are interested to find out how CEO pay can be improved manifold to reward themselves: a vicious cycle that would probably bring society towards a downward spiral of increasing inequality and friction: I believe that something needs to be done to drive some moral sense into CEOs (and by proxy Ministers) who will do ANYTHING to make themselves rich...:
"If the annual salary of the Minister of Information, Communication and Arts is only $500,000, it may pose some problems when he discuss policies with media CEOs who earn millions of dollars because they need not listen to the minister's ideas and proposals. Hence, a reasonable payout will help to maintain a bit of dignity."
- MP Lim Wee Kiak apologises for comments on pay
YqUYU.jpg
[IMG URL]