• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Season Pass for ferry services to Batam @ only $180/month

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Had some free time & decided to visit Batam. In the past I would usually take the Horizon Fast ferry because they go to the Harbour Bay port which is closer to the Nagoya city centre than the Batam Centre port.

Recently Horison started to implement a class system If you pay extra $, you get 1st class treatment, while everyone else is just 2nd class. The only real difference is that the 1st class passengers are allowed to get off 1st before the 2nd class passengers.

I have a Spore passport & as a Sporean I already have to pay SIN$10 more than someone with an Indo passport. So I am not too happy with these changes & have started to boycott Horizon. I recommend other Sporeans to do the same. It's bad enough that the PAP treats us as "lesser mortals", but I don't have to take it from companies who try to do the same:mad:

So as an alternative I decided to take the ferry services operated by Batam Fast. They go to both Harbour Bay AND Batam Centre. Their ticketing office is at the corner of the 2nd floor next to the Aeroline Office.

While I was on the Batam Fast ferry I saw ads advertising Season Passes for the ferry services to Batam

http://www.batamfast.com/membership/seasonpass.ashx

Value Pass (30 days) SGD 180
Silver Pass (90 days) SGD 520
Gold Pass (180 days) SGD 1,000
Platinum Pass (360 days) SGD 1,800

If you are a regular Batam visitor you may want to check out these season passes. If you seldom go to Batam I notice that the ferry vouchers are cheaper if you get the vouchers in Batam or to buy them online. These vouchers are valid for 1 year.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good for those who wants to stay in batam and work in Sg.
If your office near harbour front then commuting to work is less a hassle than say if you stay in some far fetch Sg new town

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cheep, cheep,... cheep.

The exchange rate is currently SIN$1=9,500 rupiah

For breakfast I had roti prata for $1.26, teh tarik for $1.05. For dinner I had ikan bakar( barbecued pomfret ), rice, ice lemon tea for under $9.00, had rice & a small pate of chap chye for $2.42. At the bakery I bought an ambon cake 18X19cm for only $8.63

Massage for 1 hour only costs $5.26. Hair cut for $2.63

Batam is cheaper than JB & is also less crowded.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good for those who wants to stay in batam and work in Sg.
If your office near harbour front then commuting to work is less a hassle than say if you stay in some far fetch Sg new town

Housing in Batam is I think cheaper than JB. The ferry teminal at Harbour Front in Spore has an MRT station that is connected to the NE & circle line. While everyone is looking at the housing at JB, I think they are overlooking the potential of Batam.

It is I think also cheaper to retire in Batam than in Malaysia.

JOKERCHEW

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cheep, cheep,... cheep.

For breakfast I had roti prata for $1.26, teh tarik for $1.05. For dinner I had ikan bakar( barbecued pomfret ), rice, ice lemon tea for under $9.00, had rice & a small pate of chap chye for $2.42. At the bakery I bought an ambon cake 18X19cm for only $8.63

Heard that if you want to stay overnight,
you have to register with their police?
Is this really implemented?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Heard that if you want to stay overnight,
you have to register with their police?
Is this really implemented?

I don't know because I always stay at a cheap ruko hotel for something like $26/night. If any registering with the police is required, the hotel will do it.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
is JB safer than Batam?
any business class hotel in Batam?

business class hotel, i mean like Amara hotel standard (no need to be too posh) in Batam>

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U got robbed before at batam? Safe?

I've visited Batam for over 10+ years & have never been robbed. Only been cheated by a cab driver, should always agree on a price before the ride:o

Now whenever I have to take a cab I will use the people who hangs around the hotel because they are there & you get to know them if you visit regularly.

On my 1st visit to Batam I did ask people about which areas to avoid but many of these areas have nothing of interest for a tourist so it is are unlikely that you want to visit these places.

Over the years I've done quite alot of travelling & I have never gotten into trouble. Maybe it is because I don't wear any flashy jewelry, am careful not to flash my cash around, ... Unfortunately some Sporeans are very noisy & attract too much attention to themselves.

I know some of the wealthy chinese locals of Batam & when you see them you would not know that they are wealthy. In Indonesia it is not a good idea to give an impression that you are rich because there are many poor people there:wink:

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cheep, cheep,... cheep.

Thanks for the lobang. I dont find food very cheap but definitely for massage and haircut.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
barbers use the blade on teekopeh who just had sex with hiv girls.
blade may be tainted with teekopeh blood
and barbers use the blade to shave you.

dangerous

Sister, either of us needs to be re-educated on HIV. The hiv virus when exposes to air dies very fast. Unless barber shaves 2 heads at the same time.

XxooxX

Alfrescian
Loyal
Housing in Batam is I think cheaper than JB. The ferry teminal at Harbour Front in Spore has an MRT station that is connected to the NE & circle line. While everyone is looking at the housing at JB, I think they are overlooking the potential of Batam.

It is I think also cheaper to retire in Batam than in Malaysia.

When u cut hair there.got any cut/wound.
Gingerlyn say not safe.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sister ginger, u can go batam and stock up sanitary pads, cheaper there i believe :smile:

I'll go ther stock up condoms :smile: