• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I don't have any namecard , How ah ?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Due to being jobless for some period, I don't have any name card. When go out socializing really very sia suay and lao gwee. People and old school friend always pass me their namecard, and I was not able to give them any, looks not courteous too. How to manage such awkward situation ?

Go to http://www.vistaprint.com/category/...=15626&xnid=TopNav_Business+Cards&xnav=TopNav

There are thousands of designs for you to choose from. I get all my namecards from vistaprint.

I have an assortment of titles. If I am travelling on business in Asia, I'll use the business themed design with "President" as my title

If I go to a social function in Auckland where there are loads of hot chicks, I use my artsy, fartsy designed one with the designation "Photographer" or "Talent Agent" depending on the nature of the function.

If I need one tailored for a particular occasion, I simply jump on to the vistaprint website and design and order one on the spot. It arrives in less than 3 days.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Due to being jobless for some period, I don't have any name card. When go out socializing really very sia suay and lao gwee. People and old school friend always pass me their namecard, and I was not able to give them any, looks not courteous too. How to manage such awkward situation ?

How to make a living, if you do not even know, how to bluff?? there were days when I was a "street walker" ( not working, lah!), I run into people, I tell them either I am a "LOAFER", one bright chap, asked me, what job is that, I replied with a straight face " I baked bread" ( ha ha) & other time, I work for RTS..what's that! RTS lah...( roam the street). I met one, old colleague who's in the same shoes as mine then.. he was much more creative, he gave me his name card...Name, email address, mobile number & the card said " NICE TO MEET YOU"...

You can go make one too, with the "NICE TO MEET YOU"...& when ask what company is that...can bluff you are working for a small events company....you must be well educated by the PxP...that you cannot think out of the box??....the other thing you can do...just pat your pockets & say..." I just ran out or forgot to bring your name cards"....no wonder the PxP survived for 50 years..people like you, who have to depend on them....keeps them alive!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
If you meet someone you don't like, give them this card and tell them you look forward to serving their needs.

funeral_home_black_golden_banner_business_card-re0c4a036ea52402ea1fc7f00c10859a0_i579t_8byvr_324.jpg

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you meet someone you don't like, give them this card and tell them you look forward to serving their needs.

[/IMG]

Many would not know a music director from a funeral director here, wanna bet!...they will ask, what is that?. I have a friend who is an embalmer, not a job many will take up, for example, his name card he gave me, just using another name, was:

JOE DOE
embalmer

followed by contact number & email...

He told me, some ask...'WHAT IS AN EMBALMER"... same as I was asked..."what is a LOAFER"!

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
walau me already no face after the incident, want to save some face ma. hard to survive you know.

hi there

1. honest, there is no need for the "face" thing.
2. just be yourself.
3. and if those individuals are friends, they will "accept" you with some calling cards or kosong cards.
4. have you ever come across such terminology: senior associate vice president?

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Go to http://www.vistaprint.com/category/...=15626&xnid=TopNav_Business+Cards&xnav=TopNav

There are thousands of designs for you to choose from. I get all my namecards from vistaprint.

I have an assortment of titles. If I am travelling on business in Asia, I'll use the business themed design with "President" as my title

If I go to a social function in Auckland where there are loads of hot chicks, I use my artsy, fartsy designed one with the designation "Photographer" or "Talent Agent" depending on the nature of the function.

If I need one tailored for a particular occasion, I simply jump on to the vistaprint website and design and order one on the spot. It arrives in less than 3 days.

that's cool, that means basically I was too honest. :p

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How to make a living, if you do not even know, how to bluff?? there were days when I was a "street walker" ( not working, lah!), I run into people, I tell them either I am a "LOAFER", one bright chap, asked me, what job is that, I replied with a straight face " I baked bread" ( ha ha) & other time, I work for RTS..what's that! RTS lah...( roam the street). I met one, old colleague who's in the same shoes as mine then.. he was much more creative, he gave me his name card...Name, email address, mobile number & the card said " NICE TO MEET YOU"...

You can go make one too, with the "NICE TO MEET YOU"...& when ask what company is that...can bluff you are working for a small events company....you must be well educated by the PxP...that you cannot think out of the box??....the other thing you can do...just pat your pockets & say..." I just ran out or forgot to bring your name cards"....no wonder the PxP survived for 50 years..people like you, who have to depend on them....keeps them alive!

got your point, make sense to use some creative way to pull it off the awkward situation. Will go along this direction for now :biggrin:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

someone said I am a loser after krafty wor . I put myself as before krafty , at least he can drive taxi.
Yes I acknowledge ,myself as a loser too. Generally a person will forgo face when being jobless and think of next step. But in reality they still have to face the society when meeting up with peers. Unless the person has many close friends or relatives (which unfortunately I do not have). of course with my buddies I need not have any fake identity, but if I restrict myself to be with close friends only, then the chances of getting another job is further reduced.
Mentally I am not that pressured without any job, as I was the one to terminate myself from being employed, due to not able to accept working under FTs . However I know that a real man needs a job in the perspective of woman.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I classify people I know as follows:

- real friends don't need to pass namecards to each other coz they should have stayed in touch...
- old school friends also don't need, coz you knew each other at a time when all were not working....
- I really hate the 2nd level friends (ie, ex colleagues) who always ask where you work now and try to exchange namecards. these are just stupid sinkies either:
a) trying to show off their new jobs; or
b) using the excuse of networking to try to find business for themselves (usually sales or insurance/finance product people)

yeah the 2nd tier "friends" are the group that I am referring to for the namecard issue. I hated too but....

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's dangerous to leave your name card lying around .................

[video=youtube;CNSONTCwQWA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNSONTCwQWA[/video]

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you dun deserved to be employed,,,,,,,,,, cannot even think straight abt simple problem

hmm, this was a very tough problem to me to decide what should I be aligning and portray myself. To declare to 2nd tier friend/acquaintance that I am a unemployed loser or to fake a identity, taken into account that I can still survive without a job. :cool:

XxooxX

Alfrescian
Loyal
someone said I am a loser after krafty wor . I put myself as before krafty , at least he can drive taxi.
Yes I acknowledge ,myself as a loser too. Generally a person will forgo face when being jobless and think of next step. But in reality they still have to face the society when meeting up with peers. Unless the person has many close friends or relatives (which unfortunately I do not have). of course with my buddies I need not have any fake identity, but if I restrict myself to be with close friends only, then the chances of getting another job is further reduced.
Mentally I am not that pressured without any job, as I was the one to terminate myself from being employed, due to not able to accept working under FTs . However I know that a real man needs a job in the perspective of woman.

Nvm come i be your close friend

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal

got title ..... pimp? or king pimp>>??

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

just tell them that you are working for SAF,SPF,CIA,FBI,KGB,MI6, anti-terrorist commando and if he asked any further you will have no choice but to silence him.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
just tell them that you are working for SAF,SPF,CIA,FBI,KGB,MI6, anti-terrorist commando and if he asked any further you will have no choice but to silence him.

Just say you are working for the best employer of the land, some, say on Planet Earth. even Obama or Putin will be impressed, just say, I am working for PAP!....the PRC will kowtow to you!..followed by the ah nehs, the Burmese.....who knows people from Timbuktu too!!..who knows??:rolleyes:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you are in Bangkok just go to MBK there are a few shops that do posters, card making, etc. You can select the quality of material used for the cards from the thin paper to plastic like mateial. They have folders of of artwork that you can chose from to embellish your name card.

If you have never designed a name card, they have many samples available to choose from.
The cards can be done under an hour, depends on how busy they are

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
just say you are retired or semi. Better them them who
need to slog. ...............Im not shameful to say that.