• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I don't have any namecard , How ah ?

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Due to being jobless for some period, I don't have any name card. When go out socializing really very sia suay and lao gwee. People and old school friend always pass me their namecard, and I was not able to give them any, looks not courteous too. How to manage such awkward situation ?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you can exchange personal contact info via your smartphone these days, or you can create and print your own cards.

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Due to being jobless for some period, I don't have any name card. When go out socializing really very sia suay and lao gwee. People and old school friend always pass me their namecard, and I was not able to give them any, looks not courteous too. How to manage such awkward situation ?

That's the least of your problem....

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What title to print ? No company logo etc also no office ?
How to avoid telling them I am unemployed ?

you can print just a personal card containing your name, number and email address without logo or company name. or this:

mr. pak chiew cheng
alfrescian
sbf pte ltd
talk cock sing song division
+65 69696969

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You can have a job and still not have/need a namecard.

Unless you're in some trade or business which requires you to constantly interact with clients or suppliers, it is pointless to get a namecard.

Again, don't give a damn what others think of you or seek validation from their approval.

Arizona

Alfrescian
Loyal

How to do an improvised cheapo 'Lok Kok' namecard

• Go to any retail phonecard shop and ask the staff if got any used prepaid top up card, usually they will say no because why would they keep used cards? :biggrin:
  • You will need cards like that for their size and base support.
  • Design your own name card on computer or if not, hand draw it :biggrin:
  • Print it out
  • To save on color ones, use Black & White through photocopier machine
  • Then paste it over your used prepaid top up card
  • Fit it nicely then use scotch tape
  • Lamination is an option

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You can have a job and still not have/need a namecard.

Unless you're in some trade or business which requires you to constantly interact with clients or suppliers, it is pointless to get a namecard.

Again, don't give a damn what others think of you or seek validation from their approval.

Everyone exchanging lor so I felt malu sia.
But I agree with you that namecard is bullshit , usually upto certain scale, company then would issue them, regardless of whether their job requires, just a social status.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you can print just a personal card containing your name, number and email address without logo or company name. or this:

mr. pak chiew cheng
alfrescian
sbf pte ltd
talk cock sing song division
+65 69696969

LOL good suggestion but I rather change it to facael matter expert.

Kangtangman

Alfrescian
Loyal
walau me already no face after the incident, want to save some face ma. hard to survive you know.

Frankly face value is not worth pursuing what is more important is to get a job soon. If face can get you job good for you if not, you need to come to term with yourself and start finding something that can bring you the income for sustainability.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Give your self this title after getting consent from Eatshitndie:

Senior Vice President, Execution
Eatshitndie Inc
Carrera 11A #94-45, Floor 8th
Bogotá, Colombia
Phone: +57 (1) 5939400
Fax: +57 (1) 5939401

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Frankly face value is not worth pursuing what is more important is to get a job soon. If face can get you job good for you if not, you need to come to term with yourself and start finding something that can bring you the income for sustainability.

agree with it. however I need to keep myself on par mentally with the society else will get depression easily.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you really want to impress your friends with namecards, do this:

BN-BC021_CHEN2_G_20140114043936.jpg

cgb-namecard_zpscea637a8.jpg

Kangtangman

Alfrescian
Loyal
agree with it. however I need to keep myself on par mentally with the society else will get depression easily.

From your reply you still have yet to come to term with yourself.
You need to accept and move on. Start looking for sustainability not about on par with society. Otherwise you can't find something that brings food on your table, worse still if you have a family who depends on you. I know it is tough but you need to try, otherwise depression will or already set in without your knowing.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

No need to compare. Just tell them you out of a job.

crackhead

Alfrescian
Loyal
I classify people I know as follows:

- real friends don't need to pass namecards to each other coz they should have stayed in touch...
- old school friends also don't need, coz you knew each other at a time when all were not working....
- I really hate the 2nd level friends (ie, ex colleagues) who always ask where you work now and try to exchange namecards. these are just stupid sinkies either:
a) trying to show off their new jobs; or
b) using the excuse of networking to try to find business for themselves (usually sales or insurance/finance product people)