• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Advice needed

kopirui

Alfrescian
Loyal
yesterday i recontract my mobile line for 2 years with a teleco.

for that, i get a new abcd 4G.

the pinoy break the seal in front of me .
we do a fast FUNCTIONALITY check and i accepted the good.

When i reached home to start config my new phone,i saw a photo (taken in 1st jan / 2014 / 8.0am ) found in gallery.
this photo is obviously snapshot by the phone camera.

going into detail of the photo it show the date as january 1, 2014 8.03am
modified at january 1, 2014 8.03am

the night itself, i call customer service to demand an answer.
guy reply all the stupid ans:
you should go back the shop and demand for an ans
my reply :who the fuck want to take a day leave to queue back the shop
guy: you can just delete the photo..sir..
me:this is a case of cheating,not a principal of getting a one to one xchange or del the photo
guy,they did break the seal in front of you and you check right?
me: resealing can be done by any tom , dick , harry .you never heard of sim lim case?
me:dont waste time, i want talk to your higher authority

after few minute wait..

guy:what is your phone model:
me: abcd 4G
guy,i will give u the manfacture nos..u can demand an answer from them why there is a photo inside.
me: is that your superior's instruction?
guy: ya, yes
me: then i am going to F him you know.
the photo is taken at xxx shop background with the fax machine and background clearly shown.is not taken in china manfacturer line..
you think i so free to call supplier?
guy:in that case..i will let my superior knows...but sir..it very common.my NEW phone also have 2 video inside...to show comparsion
me: in that case, i see no point in talking to u..goodbye

anyone know how can i protect my right and stop this cheater?

Last edited:

XxooxX

Alfrescian
Loyal
Suay to have u as a customer.
always want free n more bargain.
u are that ykhusher chee bye cheapskate.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
we do a fast FUNCTIONALITY check and i accepted the good. When i reached home to start config my new phone,i saw a photo (taken in 1st jan / 2014 / 8.0am ) found in gallery.

should have checked the gallery too. all the pictures and videos unless hidden will show up in the gallery.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yesterday i recontract my mobile line for 2 years with a teleco.

for that, i get a new abcd 4G.

the pinoy break the seal in front of me .
we do a fast FUNCTIONALITY check and i accepted the good.

When i reached home to start config my new phone,i saw a photo (taken in 1st jan / 2014 / 8.0am ) found in gallery.
this photo is obviously snapshot by the phone camera.

going into detail of the photo it show the date as january 1, 2014 8.03am
modified at january 1, 2014 8.03am

the night itself, i call customer service to demand an answer.
guy reply all the stupid ans:
you should go back the shop and demand for an ans
my reply :who the fuck want to take a day leave to queue back the shop
guy: you can just delete the photo..sir..
me:this is a case of cheating,not a principal of getting a one to one xchange or del the photo
guy,they did break the seal in front of you and you check right?
me: resealing can be done by any tom , dick , harry .you never heard of sim lim case?
me:dont waste time, i want talk to your higher authority

after few minute wait..

guy:what is your phone model:
me: abcd 4G
guy,i will give u the manfacture nos..u can demand an answer from them why there is a photo inside.
me: is that your superior's instruction?
guy: ya, yes
me: then i am going to F him you know.
the photo is taken at xxx shop background with the fax machine and background clearly shown.is not taken in china manfacturer line..
you think i so free to call supplier?
guy:in that case..i will let my superior knows...but sir..it very common.my NEW phone also have 2 video inside...to show comparsion
me: in that case, i see no point in talking to u..goodbye

anyone know how can i protect my right and stop this cheater?

Honestly... i don't think the customer service will have the correct answer for this one because he himself doesn't know how this thing could have possibly happen. The logical deduction will be that either the factory did it and forgot to erase the photo or someone has refurbished/reconfigured the new phone ( could be "water good") for our local market.

DollarsNoSense

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does the telco offer a seven day return policy for faulty set? If so, I suppose u can try returning the set, no point calling customer service.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
There's a common saying here and it's "don't sweat the small stuff".

Working yourself up over such a minor issue does absolutely nothing for you.

If the phone works fine, just delete the photo and get on with life.

You're going to face far more serious and life changing issues as the years go by. Save your angst for those big occasions.

The time you're wasting on this matter can definitely be put to far more productive use.

thinkorsink

Alfrescian
Loyal
i agree with you, boss...in s'pore, there always have those aunties collecting stamps to redeem free for next visit kind of gimmick. i find this a hassle just to save a few dollars.

You're going to face far more serious and life changing issues as the years go by. Save your angst for those big occasions.

The time you're wasting on this matter can definitely be put to far more productive use.

kopirui

Alfrescian
Loyal

i think what u say really make sense..
really enlighten me..