• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

carrying stuff on bus. mrt

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
67 bus. 5.45 pm.
Bus driver never say anything but if carry folding bike will probaly not be allowedd at this time..this suitcas CAM01669.jpg

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That piece of shit luggage is taking up one more space that another person can take up. Did this shit skin pay for the extra space taken up?

Buckethead

Alfrescian
Loyal
What's wrong with that ?...isn't that a common sight for people taking mrt towards changi airport...there's no sign board that say you can't
bring...personally I dislike those that carry backpack on their back while standing in a crowded bus/mrt...

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wendy, don't be like that, I also got brought luggage onto bus from airport. Taxi fare not cheap to all, pls be understanding.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
buses act as alternatives and connectors to the mrt in bringing passenger from airport to nearest bus stop at residential address, and vice versa. luggages are perfectly ok to go on buses. i do that sometimes on bus no. 42 out of the mrt station near siglap, as there's no station in the heart of siglap.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Wendy, don't be like that, I also got brought luggage onto bus from airport. Taxi fare not cheap to all, pls be understanding.
my point is if no porblem with super bulky bags, i dont see why folding bikes not allowed all the time

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
safety reasons: ram against a luggage vs a folding bike, ease to secure in position
Yes, safety is their main concern. Not sure if the following guidelines are still relevant :

LTA GENERAL GUIDELINES

Cyclists are responsible for the safe carriage of their foldable bicycles and must stay in the vicinity of their foldable bicycles at all times.

Foldable bicycles should be FOLDED AT ALL TIMES in the MRT/ LRT stations, bus interchanges/ terminals and on trains and buses.

Foldable bicycles should not exceed 114cm by 64 cm by 36 cm when folded.

The wheels of the foldable bicycles should be wrapped up if they are dirty or wet.

Protruding parts likely to cause injury or dirty/ damage property should be covered up.

Foldable bicycles should not block the aisles and doors or impede commuters’ movement at any time.

Foldable bicycles should be carried in an upright position.

When travelling by train, cyclists should use the first or last car, which is usually less crowded.

Cyclists should use the lifts and wide fare gates at MRT/ LRT stations where these are available.

Foldable bicycles are not allowed on the upper deck of a bus or on the staircase leading to the upper deck. Only one foldable bicycle is allowed on each bus at any one time.

SMRT/ SBS Transit station staff and bus drivers may disallow foldable bicycles if the actual situation within an MRT/ LRT station, bus interchange/ terminal or on board a train/ bus does not permit foldable bicycles to be admitted safely and without inconveniencing other commuters.

Cyclists of foldable bicycles may approach SMRT/ SBS Transit staff if they require any assistance.

The public can share their views on this scheme by contacting LTA via 1800-CALL-LTA (1800-2255 582), [email protected] or SMS “77LTA” (77582).