• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

G E Soon ?

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LKY birthday 16 Sep, perfect time to milk the sympathy vote.

Not sympathy vote... the late LKY doesn't need your sympathy vote...he gave his life to building Singapore...he was never one to be pitied because he was always brave enuf to face up to the challenge... so vote because you respect the man and the party he stands for.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not sympathy vote... the late LKY doesn't need your sympathy vote...he gave his life to building Singapore...he was never one to be pitied because he was always brave enuf to face up to the challenge... so vote because you respect the man and the party he stands for.

how to respect the Japanese Hanjian ? tell me. he had no moral legitimacy to be the leader of Singapore in the first place.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
how to respect the Japanese Hanjian ? tell me. he had no moral legitimacy to be the leader of Singapore in the first place.

Sure... if you were still living in the Japanese Occupation. Given your convictions, I suppose you don't travel to Japan for holiday all your life...

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sure... if you were still living in the Japanese Occupation. Given your convictions, I suppose you don't travel to Japan for holiday all your life...

FYI. in China and South Korea, there are still popular protests against the Japanese war crimes / atrocities today, and 70 years later. in South Korea, after the democratization 1987, some of the Japanese collaborators' descendants had risen to high public office. when their family's sins and wrongdoings during the Japanese occupation were revealed to the public. they had to apologize to the nation and were forced by angry public opinion to retire from public office and politics. their media and people were enraged and refused to forgive those collaborators and their descendents.

LKY only told a little bit of the story in his memoir. but it was clear that what he did then was shameful and a disgrace. I'm amazed that he chose to reveal that in his memoir.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
FYI. in China and South Korea, there are still popular protests against the Japanese war crimes / atrocities today, and 70 years later. in South Korea, after the democratization 1987, some of the Japanese collaborators' descendants had risen to high public office. when their family's sins and wrongdoings during the Japanese occupation were revealed to the public. they had to apologize to the nation and were forced by angry public opinion to retire from public office and politics. their media and people were enraged and refused to forgive those collaborators and their descendents.

LKY only told a little bit of the story in his memoir. but it was clear that what he did then was shameful and a disgrace. I'm amazed that he chose to reveal that in his memoir.

What does it mean ? That we should not visit Japan for holiday? That we should not welcome the Japanese to invest in Singapore ? That we should not let the Japanese to live and stay here ?

The war is over ... Let's not hearken to the past, it does us no further good. Instead we should look forward to forge peace and harmony for both countries which LKY did after the war.

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE: The “limited and targeted” Cabinet changes, growing regional uncertainties, the public’s deep sense of gratitude towards the late Mr Lee Kuan Yew and the euphoria that will be generated by celebrations of Singapore’s Jubilee year — these factors and developments point to an early General Election (GE) before the year is up, political analysts said on Thursday (Apr 9).

The latest Cabinet changes saw new leaders appointed for two ministries — Mr Lim Swee Say and Mr Tan Chuan-Jin helming the Ministry of Manpower and the Ministry of Social and Family Development, respectively — and the promotion of Mr Masagos Zulkifli to full Minister.

The next GE must be held by January 2017.

Associate Professor Eugene Tan, from the Singapore Management University, said: “If the (Prime Minister) is looking at elections in the year 2016, I would argue that he would be likely to have embarked on a (major) reshuffle … he would have gone for more changes ... (but) it was very limited and targeted.”

Citing the unstable political situation in Malaysia and Indonesia, and the terrorist threat from the Islamic State, National University of Singapore (NUS) political scientist Bilveer Singh said the election could be held before December this year.

“It will be strategically sound to have a strong government ... and the faster the better,” he said.

Both Dr Tan Ern Ser, an NUS sociologist, and former Nominated Member of Parliament Viswa Sadasivan predicted that the GE date could be in September.

Dr Tan noted that the “Lee Kuan Yew dividend” could be further reinforced with the celebrations in August for National Day and the 50th anniversary of the Republic’s independence.

Mr Viswa noted that while there was generally a deep sense of gratitude for Mr Lee’s contributions, the sentiment could change over the next few months, when critics of Mr Lee may emerge in greater numbers.

Nevertheless, this could be overcome with SG50 celebrations.

Prior to Mr Lee’s death, analysts had said that the GE could be held by the first quarter of next year.

Observers were divided on whether the PAP could benefit from holding the election soon after Mr Lee’s death last month.

Assoc Prof Tan said some people might perceive it as trying to gain an “illegitimate political advantage” that rides on his passing.

But Dr Singh felt that Mr Lee’s death could be a critical determinant as to when to hold the next election, because “the image, sympathy and support for the PAP have been boosted immensely”.

Institute of Policy Studies senior research fellow Gillian Koh also cited other considerations that could affect the timing of the next GE, such as having to wait a while for the effects of the policy reforms and initiatives — such as the MediShield Life system and revised CPF system — to be fully felt by the public.

“If the PAP thinks that Singaporeans are pragmatic then that might be an important consideration,” she added.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Time is the final arbiter of LKY's legacy. Granted he has done a lot of good for the country, let us not forget it was not just one man's sacrifices. Many unsung heroes have laid down their lives during the Japanese Occupation. These are the true patriots. They paid the ultimate price whereas a hanjian will never sacrifice himself or his own interests. Let others be sacrificed. So to me it's crystal clear. Once a hanjian always a hanjian. Memories live on long after the man is gone! :wink:

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal
No cash give away = No election.

SG 50 . One Off National Day 8 Aug , birthday Ang Bao for Every SG . ???

DBS Bank gave S$1k each for each Staff , SVP below.

My take : Min S$10k for each SG. ?

Pioneer Gen to get S$20k ?

that will settle the issue once and for all.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No cash give away = No election.

I don't really care about the nickel & dime stuff that they usual given away in the past. More important to me is the $$$$...$ in my CPF. I want it ALL back & if it is missing I want those responsible prosecuted to the fullest extent.