• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LKY reincarnated

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dad in India names baby after Lee Kuan Yew

MR B. Jeyaprakash, a bus driver working for a government transport company in India's Tamil Nadu state, has never been to Singapore and, until last month, had never heard of Mr Lee Kuan Yew.

But he was so moved by the outpouring of grief over the Singapore leader's passing that he named his newborn son Jeyaprakash Lee Kuan Yew.

Mr Jeyaprakash, 37, lives in the town of Mannargudi, which has a population of 70,000.

Soon after Mr Lee's death, placards with photographs of Mr Lee were put up across the town. On the day of his funeral in Singapore, more than 300 people from Mannargudi and nearby villages marched silently for 4km behind a wreath for Mr Lee. The procession stopped in the centre of town, where people bowed and prayed to a photo of Mr Lee.

The tribute moved Mr Jeyaprakash so deeply that he decided on the spot to name his son after Mr Lee. "I wasn't planning to give him that name. I had gone to the bazaar to buy milk and saw this procession and memorial for Mr Lee. So I stopped and heard people talking about all the great things he had done for Singapore. There was so much respect for him," said Mr Jeyaprakash.

"That was the first time I heard Lee Kuan Yew's name. I didn't even ask my wife, I just decided on the spot that my son should have an auspicious name. So I put Sir's name in the hope that my son will do very well in life."

His son was born at 1pm on March 23, the same day Mr Lee died.

In Tamil Nadu, parents sometimes name their children after international and historical figures, including Josef Stalin, Karl Marx, Nikita Khrushchev and Winston Churchill.

Mr M. Karunanidhi, leader of the Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam party and former chief minister of Tamil Nadu, named his son M. K. Stalin.

Mr Jeyaprakash's mother is unable to pronounce her grandson's name. But his wife, Ms Bhagiyalakshmi, 27, has no such problems.

"It is the name of a great man and leader," she said, smiling broadly. "Lee Kuan Yew!"

The baby, dressed in pink, sleeps peacefully in his mother's arms as people talk around him. "He doesn't cry that much and he is much easier to take care of than my daughter at the same age," said Ms Bhagiyalakshmi.

Mr Jeyaprakash has been reading up on Mr Lee in the local Tamil newspapers.

He cut out a photo of Mr Lee from a newspaper and plans to hang it on a wall.

"If I have a photograph in the house, I can point to it and then tell people about my son's name."

He is also donating 10,000 rupees (S$220), nearly his month's salary of 12,000 rupees, for a museum being planned in town for Mr Lee.

Still, the grandmother looks doubtful about being able to pronounce the name. "I just cannot pronounce the name. I call my son 'thambi', so I will call my grandson 'thambi' too," she said. "Thambi" means "son" in Tamil.

But Mr Jeyaprakash has a solution for that: "I told her to call him 'Mr Lee' for now, and then we will see."

NIRMALA GANAPATHY

- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/si...er-lee-kuan-yew-20150407#sthash.gkxv3CmM.dpuf

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ST_20150407_VNLKY4_1209219e.jpg

LKYBABY21.jpg

Published on Apr 07, 2015

LEEKUANYEW
Dad in India names baby after Lee Kuan Yew

MR B. Jeyaprakash, a bus driver working for a government transport company in India's Tamil Nadu state, has never been to Singapore and, until last month, had never heard of Mr Lee Kuan Yew.

But he was so moved by the outpouring of grief over the Singapore leader's passing that he named his newborn son Jeyaprakash Lee Kuan Yew.

Mr Jeyaprakash, 37, lives in the town of Mannargudi, which has a population of 70,000.

Soon after Mr Lee's death, placards with photographs of Mr Lee were put up across the town. On the day of his funeral in Singapore, more than 300 people from Mannargudi and nearby villages marched silently for 4km behind a wreath for Mr Lee. The procession stopped in the centre of town, where people bowed and prayed to a photo of Mr Lee.

The tribute moved Mr Jeyaprakash so deeply that he decided on the spot to name his son after Mr Lee. "I wasn't planning to give him that name. I had gone to the bazaar to buy milk and saw this procession and memorial for Mr Lee. So I stopped and heard people talking about all the great things he had done for Singapore. There was so much respect for him," said Mr Jeyaprakash.

"That was the first time I heard Lee Kuan Yew's name. I didn't even ask my wife, I just decided on the spot that my son should have an auspicious name. So I put Sir's name in the hope that my son will do very well in life."

His son was born at 1pm on March 23, the same day Mr Lee died.

In Tamil Nadu, parents sometimes name their children after international and historical figures, including Josef Stalin, Karl Marx, Nikita Khrushchev and Winston Churchill.

Mr M. Karunanidhi, leader of the Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam party and former chief minister of Tamil Nadu, named his son M. K. Stalin.

Mr Jeyaprakash's mother is unable to pronounce her grandson's name. But his wife, Ms Bhagiyalakshmi, 27, has no such problems.

"It is the name of a great man and leader," she said, smiling broadly. "Lee Kuan Yew!"

The baby, dressed in pink, sleeps peacefully in his mother's arms as people talk around him. "He doesn't cry that much and he is much easier to take care of than my daughter at the same age," said Ms Bhagiyalakshmi.

Mr Jeyaprakash has been reading up on Mr Lee in the local Tamil newspapers.

He cut out a photo of Mr Lee from a newspaper and plans to hang it on a wall.

"If I have a photograph in the house, I can point to it and then tell people about my son's name."

He is also donating 10,000 rupees (S$220), nearly his month's salary of 12,000 rupees, for a museum being planned in town for Mr Lee.

Still, the grandmother looks doubtful about being able to pronounce the name. "I just cannot pronounce the name. I call my son 'thambi', so I will call my grandson 'thambi' too," she said. "Thambi" means "son" in Tamil.

But Mr Jeyaprakash has a solution for that: "I told her to call him 'Mr Lee' for now, and then we will see."

NIRMALA GANAPATHY

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<< On the day of his funeral in Singapore, more than 300 people from Mannargudi and nearby villages marched silently for 4km behind a wreath for Mr Lee.>>

4km. That's commendable.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
When the kid grows up, he will blamed his dad for giving him a chink name.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
<< On the day of his funeral in Singapore, more than 300 people from Mannargudi and nearby villages marched silently for 4km behind a wreath for Mr Lee.>>

4km. That's commendable.

One has to understand in poor countries people are damn free have lots of time to do fuckoff. Also don't forget in poor countries there's such a thing as people paid a few cents to join in protests and etc. Now even in rich Singapore, people are enticed by free nasi lemak or vege rice and free transport to attend rally. Nothing commendable about it.

theone

Alfrescian
Loyal
This father very smart. The kid sure get sinkie scholarship when he grows up to study for free here :p

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
So, we have (1) Indian name new born LKY and now (2) Indian townS to honour LKY.

See the trend? Question is why India and Indians. What did LKY do for them? Why not the Chinese? Watching all those "marketing" programs during the period of mourning in NCA you would have thought LKY made great contribution to China, was said that Deng Xiaoping's economic policies is a result of LKY's policies in other words no LKY there is no modern China today. So where're the honours from China? And why India of all places?

Can you believe this shit?

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
So where're the honours from China? And why India of all places? Can you believe this shit?
Ah Tiong's asking price is at least 318 CNY per hour to wayang for Familee whereas Ah Neh's price is a derisory 323 INR hourly rate. Go figure.

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
According to both Hinduism and Buddhism, LKY was handsomely rewarded with being the "founding father" of Sinkieland due to the accumulation of good deeds he had done in his past lives.

However he squandered all of the "spiritual treasures" when he became the dictator of Sinkieland. He persecuted and jailed those who disagreed with him, cultivated cronies and made nepotism his mainstay of his administration.

Example: When Kuan Yew was alive, he was very mean to at least two well-known Sinkie Indians: Devan N. and JBJ. He was contemptous of them.

It's divine retribution that LKY is now reborn as an Ah Neh of the low caste. This is only the first of many reincarnations of LKY who must atone for the sins and wrongs he had committed while being the "founding father" of Sinkieland.