• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Free TODAY Editon - Who Foots The Bill?

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
10985870_10153295209671383_1509969009110988880_n.png

Download your special TODAY edition here, http://www.todayonline.com/rememberinglky/special-issue

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For propaganda purposes, no expenses are spared. Refer to the annual NDP and the SG50 celebrations this year. :cool:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
An 80-page special paper and they can find only 5 clowns to do it. They can't even find any respectable outsiders to write something. What a bloody failure!

The clowns
Deputy Chief Editor Carl Skadian
Carl%20Skadian.jpg

Carl Skadian has more than 25 years’ experience in journalism, beginning with the now-defunct Singapore Monitor newspaper. Over the years, he has held various senior appointments at The Straits Times, including Night Editor, News Editor, Supervising Editor of Sports and Foreign Editor. A member of Singapore Press Holdings’ Senior Editors’ Group, he helped set the direction of the company’s journalism, oversaw coverage of events such as elections, and provided guidance to other divisions on a variety of issues. Since joining Today newspaper as Deputy Editor, he has overseen the paper’s daily operations and the improving of its quality of journalism. He was redesignated Deputy Chief Editor in 2014.

Associate Editor Loh Chee Keong
This is his most famous work ...by trying to sow seeds of discord in the opposition camp
http://yoursdp.org/index.php/news/singapore/2002-chiam-to-loh-chee-kong-stop-publication
Mr Chiam See Tong has asked the Today newspaper to stop publication on his interview. Mr Chiam told Today's senior reporter, Mr Loh Chee Kong, that his remarks about the SDP were "off the cuff". Mr Chiam had told Mr Loh -- twice -- not to publish anything he said about Dr Chee Soon Juan and the Singapore Democrats.
Yet, the reporter emailed Dr Chee and quoted Mr Chiam's remarks, wanting a response from the SDP secretary-general. Dr Chee replied to Mr Loh and refused to respond, saying that the intended report is a PAP ploy to put SDP in a bad light.

Associate Editor (Foreign News) Jason Tan

Jason is Associate Editor at Today newspaper, where he oversees foreign news as well as commentaries. Prior to that, he was head of corporate communications at Surbana, an international building consultant. Jason started his career as a journalist at Singapore Press Holdings before joining the Foreign Service.
His work in the last 16 years has spanned five continents and given him a unique understanding of successful businesses, governments and media organisations.
Jason was a SPH Journalism Scholar who holds a Bachelor of Communication Studies (1st Class Honours) and a Master of Arts in Contemporary China from Nanyang Technological University. Foreign Service Officer

Ministry of Foreign Affairs
2002 – 2010 (8 years)
Jason's main responsibility was to analyse significant political and economic developments with implications on Singapore’s strategic interests. He provided inputs and recommendations on policy issues and prepared speeches, briefs and press releases for political leaders and senior officials. Other duties included organising and participating in official bilateral or multilateral visits / meetings / negotiations.
Jason served in the Singapore Embassy in Bangkok in what turned out to be a highly eventful posting from August 2004 to March 2009. Among others, he handled unprecedented events such as the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami that claimed 19 Singaporean lives, massive street protests against Singapore as well as prolonged political turmoil and social unrest. His duties included managing media relations and crisis communication.
In different stints at HQ, Jason covered Europe, Central Asia and the Middle East. He served as Singapore's liaison officer to Chinese President Hu Jintao during the 2009 APEC Summit in Singapore.

The two junior 'reporters'
Ng Jing Yng
Tan Weizhen

Thanks to them for pointing out the true Lee Cons U ...

I treat Chinese sinkees with contempt
Supposing Catherine Lim was writing about me and not the Prime Minister ... she would not dare, right? Because my posture, my response has been such thatnobody doubts that if you take me on, I will put on knuckle-dusters and catch you in a cul de sac ... Anybody who decides to take me on needs to put on knuckle-dusters. If you think you canhurt me more than I can hurt you, try. There is no other way you can govern a Chinese society

I am a dictator!
Political reform need not go hand in hand with economic liberalisation. I do not believe that if you are libertarian, full of diverse opinions, full of competing ideas in the market place, full of sound and fury, therefore you will succeed.

I am evil and a bully. I intend to hurt my critics to the fullest of my ability
I have never been over-concerned or obsessed with opinion polls or popularity polls. I think a leader who is, is a weak leader. Between being loved and being feared, I have always believed Machiavelli was right. If nobody is afraid of me, I’m meaningless.

Lee Cons U got too much credit
Lee Kuan Yew is the political messiah, Goh Keng Swee is the architect, Hon Sui Sen is the builder and Lim Kim San provides business
insights. In a way, Singapore and Lee Kuan Yew were lucky to have such a team then.
Mr Ngiam Tong Dow, former head of the Civil Service who served as Permanent Secretary under Mr Lee

Last edited:

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't be so naive ...the ads don't pay enough to support this propaganda tabloid.

I don't believe the far fetch notion that our taxes or reserves paid for this! But SPH may be making lots of the other papers and mags to fund this...plus also from the ads. Never underestimate the monies from ads, lots of website and apps got funded by this

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't believe the far fetch notion that our taxes or reserves paid for this! But SPH may be making lots of the other papers and mags to fund this...plus also from the ads. Never underestimate the monies from ads, lots of website and apps got funded by this

Sure, SPH funded this and keep mum about it :rolleyes: