• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Catherine Lim: LKY agreed with my views on him and PAP

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I would like to thank all of you who have taken the trouble to respond to my piece on Mr Lee Kuan Yew, published on my website on 30 March.

As a political commentator who necessarily comments on sensitive, controversial and even emotionally charged topics, I expected, indeed welcomed, the wide range and diversity of views expressed in your responses.

I am aware that some of you were upset, and hence owe you an explanation. My explanation will be by way of a small incident related to what Mr Lee had said about me as a political critic.

In April 2013, his biographer, Tom Plate, author of ‘In Conversation with Lee Kuan Yew’, said in the Afterword to his book (reproduced in ‘The Straits Times’), that when, during his lengthy interview with Mr Lee, he asked, ‘Do you have any self*-criticism?’, Minister Mentor directed him to my political writing. Mr Plate must have been shocked, as he had described me as the ‘most persistent’ critic of the PAP.

I myself was speechless with astonishment. Mr Lee’s actually equating ‘self*-criticism’ with what I had written about him and the PAP, could only mean one thing—that he was in agreement with my views! Indeed, he not only agreed with them, but was authorising Mr Plate to quote from them. It took me a while to absorb the sheer incredibility of it all. But I had never been so deeply, humbly moved in my life. I suppose that even if Mr Lee had not shown this approval of my writing, I would have continued with it. But the fact that he did has made it easier for me to be frank and outspoken all the way.

If readers had been upset in particular by the timing of my piece, coming at a time when emotions were still raw, I can only say that

http://catherinelim.sg/2015/04/03/to-all-who-have-responded-to-my-piece-on-mr-lee-kuan-yew/

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I would like to thank all of you who have taken the trouble to respond to my piece on Mr Lee Kuan Yew, published on my website on 30 March.

As a political commentator who necessarily comments on sensitive, controversial and even emotionally charged topics, I expected, indeed welcomed, the wide range and diversity of views expressed in your responses.

I am aware that some of you were upset, and hence owe you an explanation. My explanation will be by way of a small incident related to what Mr Lee had said about me as a political critic.

In April 2013, his biographer, Tom Plate, author of ‘In Conversation with Lee Kuan Yew’, said in the Afterword to his book (reproduced in ‘The Straits Times’), that when, during his lengthy interview with Mr Lee, he asked, ‘Do you have any self*-criticism?’, Minister Mentor directed him to my political writing. Mr Plate must have been shocked, as he had described me as the ‘most persistent’ critic of the PAP.

I myself was speechless with astonishment. Mr Lee’s actually equating ‘self*-criticism’ with what I had written about him and the PAP, could only mean one thing—that he was in agreement with my views! Indeed, he not only agreed with them, but was authorising Mr Plate to quote from them. It took me a while to absorb the sheer incredibility of it all. But I had never been so deeply, humbly moved in my life. I suppose that even if Mr Lee had not shown this approval of my writing, I would have continued with it. But the fact that he did has made it easier for me to be frank and outspoken all the way.

If readers had been upset in particular by the timing of my piece, coming at a time when emotions were still raw, I can only say that

http://catherinelim.sg/2015/04/03/to-all-who-have-responded-to-my-piece-on-mr-lee-kuan-yew/

That only shows the greatness of the man. That he is not as what was written about him - hard, cruel and unrelenting. That is the side of him that acknowledges that he is not all perfect and he is willing to accept it. And therefore, Catherine Lim can continue to write articles about him without having any fear of repercussion.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well done Sam, SBF is really a true model of Sg. I used to think that the greatestt difference between sbf and Sg is that unlike sbf, there are no clones in real life. However, through this revelation, I am dead wrong. So clones can be used to expressed our inner thoughts. Clones can also be used to make apology on our behalf and at the same time send a warning to others. Clones are useful in real life too.