• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Eunice Chia-Lim Quotes Bible Verses To Justify That God Has Given Us The PAP Govt.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Eunice Chia-Lim Quotes Bible Verses To Justify That God Has Given Us The PAP Govt

I'm an old uncle & I have seen many, many,...many Sporeanss & foreigners doing business here pack up & leave Spore. What happened was these people had their businesses taken away by the PAP.

The land acquisition act was misused to steal peoples property. The regulations was used to pushed people out of their businesses in favor of friends of the famiLee.

It is nothing more than modern day feudalism. Just like in the last few chapters of the prescient Animal Farm by George Orwell. :cool:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Eunice Chia-Lim Quotes Bible Verses To Justify That God Has Given Us The PAP Govt

I thought Christianity is a religion of love ...we have this MP turned it into a religion of greed and hate.

Oops, will I get arrested for telling the truth on Christianity?

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

christian is so crazy as the muslim. It is a matter of time, they kill each other. They are killing each other now. But thing look like escalating.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I thought Christianity is a religion of love ...we have this MP turned it into a religion of greed and hate.

Oops, will I get arrested for telling the truth on Christianity?

No you won't get arrested .... not because you know ....but because you don't know the truth of Christianity.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Which one? The Jewish one or the Hakka one?

Here it is the Hakka one...today is Hakka ( previous Easter Sunday for many) Sunday, April 5, 2015....they are checking the urn, he may have solidify....please stay tune!:biggrin:

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

tat's sounds like some one advocating freedom of sex from LGBT community.

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Source: newnation

Time for S’pore to recognise Lee Kuan Yew as a religion
Posted on 02 April 2015

There is no lack of the pious in Singapore.

lee-kuan-yew-suit-tie.jpg

Dear New Nation,

As part of the Silent Majority, I do not have many strong views in my lifetime.

I never write to the press to express a view and I don’t wear my heart on my sleeve on Facebook or talk shop with my friends about politics.

However, when I do express my thoughts, or rather my thought — since thinking about things in-depth doesn’t come quite as naturally as the Noisy Minority and I will be left with just one thought, if I’m lucky — you can be sure my idea will be something of utmost importance that will immediately grab everyone’s attention as if this idea of mine is the first thought that came into my head and I suddenly felt compelled to put it out there in writing.

Hence, I am compelled to write that I am putting forth the proposal of formally recognising Lee Kuan Yew as a religion in Singapore.

Sure, any new religion would face opposition during the infancy of its creation. This is similar to the experiences of many religions stemming from the Levant a few thousand years ago.
And yes, proposing such an idea might sound startling and utterly ill-befitting of my Silent Majority image, but you need to hear me out.

Turning Lee Kuan Yew into a religion has its benefits.

Firstly, it will prevent naysayers from boo-booing his legacy. This is so as anyone caught saying negative things about him will be offending religious feelings and can be prosecuted more easily.

Secondly, we have read and watched the many superhuman abilities attributed to him in the mainstream press the past week or so and we all can’t help but be impressed and in awe of him.

How could any mere mortal have achieved so much in so little time? Lee Kuan Yew’s achievements were nothing short of biblical in consequence and the parallels between Singapore and Israel are glaring if we really think about it.

Thirdly, there is clearly no shortage of the pious judging by the throngs of believers who paid their last respects to Lee Kuan Yew when he was lying in state at the Parliament House, but we are clearly short of gods. Why not make Lee Kuan Yew one then?

Furthermore, he has proven to be a unifying figure who is credited with giving Singaporeans what they need.

Last but not least, Singaporeans can better ritualise their praise and worship of Lee Kuan Yew in the long run.

Right now, fervent tributes are haphazard and sporadic. By ritualising the praise and worship, it can be made habitual.

And all he needs now is to be accorded religious status.

I am primarily aghast that my fellow Singaporeans are unable to bring the events that have happened the past week or so since Lee Kuan Yew’s passing to their logical conclusion.

If this proposal is not considered, I will have no choice but to send this letter to The Straits Times instead, who would have no qualms publishing anything.

Yours sincerely,
Silent Majority

End of Article

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This cripple is singlehandedly turning people against disabled persons. Such is her turn off factor.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

StewPig Eunice and her crippled sister thought more than five hours and still cannot understand that the Act, apart from being unconsititutional for violating the right to freedom of speech, is advocating "intolerance of intolerance" which is to be exact the replacement of one kind of intolerance with another government sponsored kind.

To make the world a better place these two idiotic and humourless sisters should find themselves a building taller than ten storeys and jump off from it.

Mister Bean will, if asked, undoubtedly offer his whole hearted support for repeal of the StewPig Pretension of Harassment Act. Hallelujah!

[video=youtube;j2-2xeIdqeY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2-2xeIdqeY[/video]

Last edited:

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

hi there

1. simple mah.
2. erect the world biggest shrink worshipping the divine one. gic has the monies:oIo:
3. declare public holiday on the divine one's birthday and death anniversary.
4. plus one solid week for post mourning.
5. I can go off again to the Maldives, naked and everything on its beaches:biggrin:

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Source: newnation

Time for S’pore to recognise Lee Kuan Yew as a religion
Posted on 02 April 2015

There is no lack of the pious in Singapore.

lee-kuan-yew-suit-tie.jpg

Dear New Nation,

As part of the Silent Majority, I do not have many strong views in my lifetime.

I never write to the press to express a view and I don’t wear my heart on my sleeve on Facebook or talk shop with my friends about politics.

However, when I do express my thoughts, or rather my thought — since thinking about things in-depth doesn’t come quite as naturally as the Noisy Minority and I will be left with just one thought, if I’m lucky — you can be sure my idea will be something of utmost importance that will immediately grab everyone’s attention as if this idea of mine is the first thought that came into my head and I suddenly felt compelled to put it out there in writing.

Hence, I am compelled to write that I am putting forth the proposal of formally recognising Lee Kuan Yew as a religion in Singapore.

Sure, any new religion would face opposition during the infancy of its creation. This is similar to the experiences of many religions stemming from the Levant a few thousand years ago.
And yes, proposing such an idea might sound startling and utterly ill-befitting of my Silent Majority image, but you need to hear me out.

Turning Lee Kuan Yew into a religion has its benefits.

Firstly, it will prevent naysayers from boo-booing his legacy. This is so as anyone caught saying negative things about him will be offending religious feelings and can be prosecuted more easily.

Secondly, we have read and watched the many superhuman abilities attributed to him in the mainstream press the past week or so and we all can’t help but be impressed and in awe of him.

How could any mere mortal have achieved so much in so little time? Lee Kuan Yew’s achievements were nothing short of biblical in consequence and the parallels between Singapore and Israel are glaring if we really think about it.

Thirdly, there is clearly no shortage of the pious judging by the throngs of believers who paid their last respects to Lee Kuan Yew when he was lying in state at the Parliament House, but we are clearly short of gods. Why not make Lee Kuan Yew one then?

Furthermore, he has proven to be a unifying figure who is credited with giving Singaporeans what they need.

Last but not least, Singaporeans can better ritualise their praise and worship of Lee Kuan Yew in the long run.

Right now, fervent tributes are haphazard and sporadic. By ritualising the praise and worship, it can be made habitual.

And all he needs now is to be accorded religious status.

I am primarily aghast that my fellow Singaporeans are unable to bring the events that have happened the past week or so since Lee Kuan Yew’s passing to their logical conclusion.

If this proposal is not considered, I will have no choice but to send this letter to The Straits Times instead, who would have no qualms publishing anything.

Yours sincerely,
Silent Majority

End of Article

Almost anyone and anything can be turned into religions if one is crazy enuf .... Gandhi, Mao Ze Tong, Hitler and nearer home, LKY or even famous Amos.

But they are not ... because they are all fallible human beings.

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

lianbeng says: too many Christians in govt will turn Singapore into a Christian country lah! :biggrin:

nunsbukkake

Alfrescian
Loyal

lianbeng says: too many Christians in govt will turn Singapore into a Christian country lah! :biggrin:

I'm not worried, because it probably won't happen. Below is an excerpt of the census of 1980, 1990 and 2000. The percentage of "nones" (no religion) to Christians was about the same back in 2000. Buddhists still make up the majority, and many Buddhists are agnostic or atheist.

Singapore-census-1980-2000-600x415.png From Humanist Society of Singapore website. humanist.org.sg

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal

There are already many..as there were many in the past. What's stopping them is a non-believer strongman. He is dead now.

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal

No you won't get arrested .... not because you know ....but because you don't know the truth of Christianity.

Of course he doesnt know. Saying Christianity is a religion of love is like saying Islam is a religion of peace.

Christian God asking followers to kill own family:

If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Of course he doesnt know. Saying Christianity is a religion of love is like saying Islam is a religion of peace.

Christian God asking followers to kill own family:

If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him.

I suppose this passage is from the OT. Need to be careful to understand he context and the spiritual intent of instruction. The OT is at times seen as a shadow of the NT in terms of spiritual analogy. Best is to understand it in its right context.

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thou shall not kill is also one of ten commandments. I dun think killing is one of the key value of being a Christian.

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal

I suppose this passage is from the OT. Need to be careful to understand he context and the spiritual intent of instruction. The OT is at times seen as a shadow of the NT in terms of spiritual analogy. Best is to understand it in its right context.

I've come across this lame reasoning so many times but it never fails to make my toes laugh every time! You mean that back in those days it is OK to kill your brother and father if they dont share your religious beliefs? What fuck kind of socety is that? Even the ancient barbaric chinks don't do that!:rolleyes: