• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How come so many youths like Amos Yee dislike PAP?

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How come so many youths similar to Amos Yee dislike PAP?

I think I know the reason why..........their parents can't make ends meet and the school expects the students to show-off their family's wealth and compare with each other, so leading to peer pressure and a breakdown of the family.

Then some youths' parents could be out of a job and retrenched and so many bills to pay and fall into the cracks of society which CDC cannot help much because its requirement for offering assistance is if your family is totally penniless and totally condemned. Those families in the middle are left to fend for themselves.

Hence the youths from these families will either deteriorate in their studies or decide to fight the system and opt out, like what Amos Yee did. Not to continue schooling and give all sorts of other reasons, but the real reason is MONEY NOT ENOUGH.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They never lined 10 hrs to salute a coffin, they never lined the streets in the rain & cry & shout!....only a handful did, the majority, was at home...making videos...& obscene ones too! ha ha ha ha

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pinky is scared shit over the youths. The youths have drawn anti-PAP graffitti in public areas, make disparaging videos of the PAP and Lee Cons U. What will they do next? Set fire to police cars?

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They never lined 10 hrs to salute a coffin, they never lined the streets in the rain & cry & shout!....only a handful did, the majority, was at home...making videos...& obscene ones too! ha ha ha ha

After the original video by Amos Yee was made private, subsequently, copies of the same video make it back to Youtube.

What I'm still putting together my detail analysis of why the original video by Amos Yee when it hits 650k views, there are 2k likes and 12k dislikes, meaning much more viewers hated the video, but for the subsequent same videos posted back on Youtube, the ratio reverses, with much more likes to dislikes. All this within a span of 1 day.....and a total of 3 copies of the video are presently on Youtube and all have the same statistics.....much more likes to dislikes.

The sentiments just reversed overnight.......that was when Amos Yee was arrested by the police.

Same as when the HKG police decided to beat up protesters and spray tear gas, the whole freaking Mongkok and Causeway Bay flooded with more and more protesters.

But the underpinning reasons for this overnight change in sentiments need to be dissected and put through a magnifying glass.

I will put up my detailed analysis in due time. It will take a lot of my brain cells to figure this out cogently and perceptively and I'm wasted after all the weeklong propaganda. I need some rest to meditate on this.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
According to Kryon of Magnetic Service, almost all babies born in Singapore since around 2000 are Indigo children.

http://www.indigochild.com/

What is an indigo Child?

As a summary, here are the ten attributes that best describe this new kind of child, the Indigo Child

They come into the world with a feeling of royalty (and often act like it)
They have a feeling of "deserving to be here," and are surprised when others don't share that.
Self-worth is not a big issue. They often tell the parents "who they are."
They have difficulty with absolute authority (authority without explanation or choice).
They simply will not do certain things; for example, waiting in line is difficult for them.
They get frustrated with systems that are ritually oriented and don't require creative thought.
They often see better ways of doing things, both at home and in school, which makes them seem like "system busters" (nonconforming to any system).
They seem antisocial unless they are with their own kind. If there are no others of like consciousness around them, they often turn inward, feeling like no other human understands them. School is often extremely difficult for them socially.
They will not respond to "guilt" discipline ("Wait till your father gets home and finds out what you did").
They are not shy in letting you know what they need.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
According to Kryon of Magnetic Service, almost all babies born in Singapore since around 2000 are Indigo children.

http://www.indigochild.com/

What is an indigo Child?

As a summary, here are the ten attributes that best describe this new kind of child, the Indigo Child

They come into the world with a feeling of royalty (and often act like it)
They have a feeling of "deserving to be here," and are surprised when others don't share that.
Self-worth is not a big issue. They often tell the parents "who they are."
They have difficulty with absolute authority (authority without explanation or choice).
They simply will not do certain things; for example, waiting in line is difficult for them.
They get frustrated with systems that are ritually oriented and don't require creative thought.
They often see better ways of doing things, both at home and in school, which makes them seem like "system busters" (nonconforming to any system).
They seem antisocial unless they are with their own kind. If there are no others of like consciousness around them, they often turn inward, feeling like no other human understands them. School is often extremely difficult for them socially.
They will not respond to "guilt" discipline ("Wait till your father gets home and finds out what you did").
They are not shy in letting you know what they need.

There is hope for sinkapore then. These youths will bring down the PAP if our current bunch of opposition politicians don't.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Because a kid had said that the Emperor had no clothes, much to the annoyance of the flatterers who had insisted the Emperor was wearing the finest clothes.

The pappies are so afraid that you aren't fully convinced of the Leegacy, they're commissioning a movie and two musicals about the recently dead Emperor. Even SG50 celebrations may have to be adjusted (read: 'more tributes') in response to his death.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I know of many people who dislike PAP, but they still turn out in full force to send off Ah Gong. They too overwhelmingly vote PAP! The GE and PE results confirm this! Vast majority of voters want PAP, or PAP style kind of government. Only a quarter want the mad-dog and populist style of the opposition.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I know of many people who dislike PAP, but they still turn out in full force to send off Ah Gong. They too overwhelmingly vote PAP! The GE and PE results confirm this! Vast majority of voters want PAP, or PAP style kind of government. Only a quarter want the mad-dog and populist style of the opposition.
2016 is different, you know.

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[video=youtube;AMxKzP6guBM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMxKzP6guBM[/video]

8zyyPE6.jpg

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Youths of the world, you are invited to come to sinkapore to show your support for Famous Amos and join in to bring down the PAP.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
2016 is different, you know.

The number of voters who prefer a PAP or PAP-style of government outnumber the hardcore opposition by 2-1. Even if 2016 is different, PAP should still secure a 55% majority vote and probably 80% of the seats.

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal
After the original video by Amos Yee was made private, subsequently, copies of the same video make it back to Youtube.

What I'm still putting together my detail analysis of why the original video by Amos Yee when it hits 650k views, there are 2k likes and 12k dislikes, meaning much more viewers hated the video, but for the subsequent same videos posted back on Youtube, the ratio reverses, with much more likes to dislikes. All this within a span of 1 day.....and a total of 3 copies of the video are presently on Youtube and all have the same statistics.....much more likes to dislikes.

The sentiments just reversed overnight.......that was when Amos Yee was arrested by the police.

Same as when the HKG police decided to beat up protesters and spray tear gas, the whole freaking Mongkok and Causeway Bay flooded with more and more protesters.

But the underpinning reasons for this overnight change in sentiments need to be dissected and put through a magnifying glass.

I will put up my detailed analysis in due time. It will take a lot of my brain cells to figure this out cogently and perceptively and I'm wasted after all the weeklong propaganda. I need some rest to meditate on this.

waiting for yr next post :smile: did u learn meditation from a Monk ? sound familiar ?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The number of voters who prefer a PAP or PAP-style of government outnumber the hardcore opposition by 2-1. Even if 2016 is different, PAP should still secure a 55% majority vote and probably 80% of the seats.

Only if the Opposition don't go on the offensive. The PAP has screwed up so much that there are tons of material available to make attack ads.

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The video clip below of Amos is re-posted on Youtube on 29 Mar 2015. As of now, it has a viewership of 150,568 and garnered 1,195 likes and 401 dislikes.

[video=youtube;6JqLm1kXqvo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JqLm1kXqvo[/video]

So, go figure.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Only if the Opposition don't go on the offensive. The PAP has screwed up so much that there are tons of material available to make attack ads.

PAP is not perfect. If your strategy is to attack PAP for not being perfect, you will fail. Even PAP supporters curse and swear at PAP for their mistakes. But they still vote for PAP because they are convinced opposition are fucked up and unreliable, and if PAP can't do the job, neither can the opposition. And no, they won't even give opposition a chance to prove otherwise.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP is not perfect. If your strategy is to attack PAP for not being perfect, you will fail. Even PAP supporters curse and swear at PAP for their mistakes. But they still vote for PAP because they are convinced opposition are fucked up and unreliable, and if PAP can't do the job, neither can the opposition. And no, they won't even give opposition a chance to prove otherwise.

Not perfect is not an excuse when PAP claims that is the cream of the crops and demand to be paid as the world's most expensive government.

Wait till the Anyone But PAP campaign takes off.

Sinkapore can do no worse than the longkang we are in, thanks to the PAP.

An opposition platform to get rid of 2.5 million foreigners and turn the CPF into a true pension scheme will definitely lead to election victory.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I did not & I am sure many I know didn't, why would we want to get ourselves sick, standing in the pouring rain? I would only done that, if that, was my dad, grand dad or even a close relative...he is dead & gone..period!..so what!?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Not perfect is not an excuse when PAP claims that is the cream of the crops and demand to be paid as the world's most expensive government.

Wait till the Anyone But PAP campaign takes off.

Sinkapore can do no worse than the longkang we are in, thanks to the PAP.

An opposition platform to get rid of 2.5 million foreigners and turn the CPF into a true pension scheme will definitely lead to election victory.

I don't think PAP is expensive.

You apparently have not dealt with lowly paid Third World governments and bureaucrats who are millionaires and billionaires thanks to their ill-gotten gains by stealing from tax payers. PAP is cheap by comparison. Ah Gong made the wise decision to pay civil servants and elected office holders a competitive wage in order to minimize corruption.

You can Google about Xi Jinping's anti-corruption drive, where he arrest generals who turned out to be multi-millionaires from selling of government posts and other forms of corruption.