• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

US doesnt care about human rights in Singapore

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
unless it's people like Michael Fay or Shane Todd. Not a word of condemnation from the US over Amos Yee. in contrast, the US cares about Anwar and his daughter.

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
unless it's people like Michael Fay or Shane Todd. Not a word of condemnation from the US over Amos Yee. in contrast, the US cares about Anwar and his daughter.

Maybe Angmos think it is not very nice to insult someone who is dead?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As long as your country doesn't have oil and doesn't switch away from the US dollar for oil trade, the USA (and its NATO allies) won't launch a regime change on you.

Otherwise everything is forgiven. Refer to Saddam and Gaddafi.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Although I do not agree with the handling of this Amos case by the authorities, he is still given a trial and hearing, he is allowed to engage a lawyer. His "rights" have not been violated. If anybody is to stand up for him, it has to be the citizens of Singapore. Unfortunately for the youngster, many feel his behaviour needs to be "punished." If I were the judge, I'd just advise him that it is not nice to publicise this kind of comment at a time of mourning and let him go. But if the judge were to do that in Singapore, his career will be risked. Unless he has the balls of this youngster.

Cheers!

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Why should the US give a shit about the rantings of an Asian kid who's not even their citizen?
Last time I checked, the US First Amendment didn't extend to Singaporeans.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Although I do not agree with the handling of this Amos case by the authorities, he is still given a trial and hearing, he is allowed to engage a lawyer. His "rights" have not been violated. If anybody is to stand up for him, it has to be the citizens of Singapore. Unfortunately for the youngster, many feel his behaviour needs to be "punished." If I were the judge, I'd just advise him that it is not nice to publicise this kind of comment at a time of mourning and let him go. But if the judge were to do that in Singapore, his career will be risked. Unless he has the balls of this youngster.

Cheers!

Finally a sensible post.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
US Ass cares about things that benefit itself.
CIA even worked with drug cartel to sell the shit in its own country.

USA, like any country, runs its foreign policy to benefit itself. No country spends big money abroad to benefit others more than itself. Why do you expect USA to behave any differently?

Ah Gong was wise to realize that in this world, nobody owes you a living. That was what he kept reminding us. Nobody owes a living. If war comes, sinkies have to count on themselves to fight off the invaders, or hurt the invaders so badly that conquering us is a lose-lose deal.

I don't expect the US to meddle around the world to make the world a better place. Like any hegemon, US meddles to get cheap oil, extract resources, gain political allies and secure some benefits. China is also doing the same thing in Africa. If powerful countries behave otherwise, then I worry.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Cheers!

His rights have definitely been violated. There is NO free trial in sinkapore. We already the verdict. When you attack the establishment, you are guilty. It is a matter of sentencing.

If Amos posted the video from overseas, would he have been arrested?

Sinkees have a choice to view or NOT to view the video. There is no basis for arresting Famous Amos.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
His rights have definitely been violated. There is NO free trial in sinkapore. We already the verdict. When you attack the establishment, you are guilty. It is a matter of sentencing.

Sinkees have a choice to view or NOT to view the video. There is no basis for arresting Famous Amos.

yes he would be arrested under US anti-terrror laws. They worry about religious conflict.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Since when does USA care about human rights?how many countries have they invaded since ww2?more than my fingers can count.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
My personal feeling on this case is that the public, and the authorities are overeacting to a juvenile's action. But unfortunately for Amos, the police acted on public complaints, and the court has charged Amos with various offences, and is to be tried as an adult. He is however given the course to engage a lawyer to "defend" himself. That is in accordance with the legal proceedings, and is the way the legal system operates.

As it stands, Singapore is already a harsh place for "lawbreakers" and "mischief" is not tolerated. Worse still when the public is not happy with one's action. I would have said "Let the kid go", but seems like the public wants his blood.

Cheers!

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
USA, like any country, runs its foreign policy to benefit itself. No country spends big money abroad to benefit others more than itself. Why do you expect USA to behave any differently?

Ah Gong was wise to realize that in this world, nobody owes you a living. That was what he kept reminding us. Nobody owes a living. If war comes, sinkies have to count on themselves to fight off the invaders, or hurt the invaders so badly that conquering us is a lose-lose deal.

I don't expect the US to meddle around the world to make the world a better place. Like any hegemon, US meddles to get cheap oil, extract resources, gain political allies and secure some benefits. China is also doing the same thing in Africa. If powerful countries behave otherwise, then I worry.

countries can run whatever policies that are favourable to themselves.
carrying out clandestine evil operation in another country in order to achieve the goal
is going overboard.
only an corrupt being will condone the evil action of another.