• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Famous Amos charged with three offences after 4 days of investigations

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For the first charge under Section 298, the charge sheet stated that the YouTube video created by Amos Yee “contained remarks against Christianity, with the deliberate intention of wounding the religious feelings of Christians in general”.

As for the Protection from Harassment Act charge, Amos Yee’s video “contained remarks about Mr Lee Kuan Yew which was intended to be heard and seen by persons likely to be distressed” by the clip, according to the charge sheet.

The Court also granted him a bail amount set at $20,000, under the condition that he will not post, upload or otherwise distribute any comment or content, whether directly or indirectly, to any social media or online service or website, while the current case against him is ongoing. The amount has been posted, and he is out on bail.

After the charges were read, his father told reporters, “I want to take the opportunity to say very sorry to Prime Minister Lee.”
The video, called Lee Kuan Yew Is Finally Dead!, had been viewed more than 600,000 times.

http://www.tremeritus.com/2015/03/3...s-against-amos-after-4-days-of-investigation/

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Amos Yee – How sick can we be?

A 16 year old, I was bowled over by his articulation and command of the language, was arrested over a self produced YouTube clip ranting about LKY with a heavy dosage of vulgarities. With 15 police reports made against him, and for the subject of his video attack, somehow a police intervention was quite expected in this uptight little city that wanted to be known as a cosmopolitan city to stand side by side with New York or London and other famous western cities.

Is the arrest of Amos a case of maintaining law and order? Or is it a case of throwing the book at anyone when a police report is made? Is what this young man, or an adolescent, said that serious that it would cause rioting in the streets? There are many assholes in blogs that uttered even worst comments than this Amos kid. A flutter of a butterfly in the Pacific Ocean could cause a storm? Not every flutter will cause a storm, maybe one in a million.

Such a ranting is not uncommon in the internet or even in the kopitiams. So, are the police going to arrest everyone who committed this crime of ranting against somebody, against a religion, against the govt? My impression after viewing the video clip was nothing more than a young man letting go some steam maybe for some publicity. Period. It does not go any further to envisage what more harm it would bring to anyone, or to create a social and security problem. Sure some highly sensitive people would feel hurt or agitated.

Remember the UOB Annual Dinner and Dance theme when some racist minded cried racism because some of the staff dressed in different ethnic gear. Would the police arrest them if there was a police report or several police reports made? If a society cannot live with such a video clip in the YouTube and demands action be taken in every such cases, I think the enforcing officer will not have time for anything else. Block the YouTube, lock down the internet. Close down all the kopitiams.

What kind of society do we want to live in? Do we want a society that is filled with paranoids, everyone rushing to the police station to make a police report when they feel hurt, their feather got ruffled and the police will jump to their becks and calls? And every ranting is a national security threat?

My recommendation. In addition to the Cardboard Police Division, have a Robocop unit to answer to such complaints and let the Robocop store it in their harddrive for perpetuity, to be forgotten. The Police are already short of manpower, let them do the important jobs than chasing after kids or whenever a highly sensitive asshole makes a report.

It is about time that the knuckle duster be put away for good, that our people, our children, should be treated as one of us, to be dealt with as people and not enemies of the state, to be whipped, to be put away for every little indiscretion or ranting? A 16 year old boy arrested because of a few expletives and someone’s feeling got hurt? Did anyone shout, ‘Horror, this boy is dangerous!’

On the other hand there was an adult (a grassroot leader no less!) who threatened to cut the boy’s prick was found to be safer and allowed to go scot free? Who is more dangerous? This adult is in the same mold as that Raymond who threatened bodily harm, and imagine that these characters are part of the power equation? This place is going to be a very dangerous place not because of boys like Amos Yee but with psychopaths behaving like above the law gangsters.

What do you think?

http://mysingaporenews.blogspot.sg/...ign=Feed:+MySingaporeNews+(My+Singapore+News)

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As for the Protection from Harassment Act charge, Amos Yee’s video “contained remarks about Mr Lee Kuan Yew which was intended to be heard and seen by persons likely to be distressed” by the clip, according to the charge sheet.

So, we can't celebrate someone's death? That is harrassment.

I didn't know the SPF can work so fast ...report made, arrest hours later and charges laid.

SPF didn't do any of these when reports were made of foreigners insulting sinkees ...was that harrassment? Many sinkees were distressed and hurt. SPF and AG just sit squat.

PAP and SPF for foreigners ...sinkees have to fight for themselves. Don't count on the SPF to protect sinkees.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So, we can't celebrate someone's death? That is harrassment.

I didn't know the SPF can work so fast ...report made, arrest hours later and charges laid.

SPF didn't do any of these when reports were made of foreigners insulting sinkees ...was that harrassment? Many sinkees were distressed and hurt. SPF and AG just sit squat.

PAP and SPF for foreigners ...sinkees have to fight for themselves. Don't count on the SPF to protect sinkees.

Now now... surely the SPF commissioner can't just ignore the incident. His promotion depends on it. :cool:

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Amos Yee – How sick can we be?

A 16 year old, I was bowled over by his articulation and command of the language,

Only a singo moron with a pisspoor command of english will applaud amos the fool (and his average speaking skils) for his fool hardy attempt at increasing hits to his youtube page.

Someone has mainipulated this cunt to their own ends...who that is I will leave to the fertile imagination of this forum.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Such a ranting is not uncommon in the internet or even in the kopitiams. So, are the police going to arrest everyone who committed this crime of ranting against somebody, against a religion, against the govt? My impression after viewing the video clip was nothing more than a young man letting go some steam maybe for some publicity. Period. It does not go any further to envisage what more harm it would bring to anyone, or to create a social and security problem. Sure some highly sensitive people would feel hurt or agitated.

It is about time that the knuckle duster be put away for good, that our people, our children, should be treated as one of us, to be dealt with as people and not enemies of the state, to be whipped, to be put away for every little indiscretion or ranting? A 16 year old boy arrested because of a few expletives and someone’s feeling got hurt? Did anyone shout, ‘Horror, this boy is dangerous!’

On the other hand there was an adult (a grassroot leader no less!) who threatened to cut the boy’s prick was found to be safer and allowed to go scot free? Who is more dangerous? This adult is in the same mold as that Raymond who threatened bodily harm, and imagine that these characters are part of the power equation? This place is going to be a very dangerous place not because of boys like Amos Yee but with psychopaths behaving like above the law gangsters.

Very simple lah! As they say in Cantonese, neh chou chor yat gor chou sub mm (you celebrate 1st of month, I celebrate 15th - TIT for TAT).

When a Lightning MiniSTAR or MP is caught making remarks which make you feel offended, a whole bunch of you can file police reports against him or her. If Polis do nothing, which is expected, you can start a crowd funding exercise to acquire the wherewithal to start a private prosecution against the Jiak Liao Bee MiniSTAR or MP. Let me give you an example of a speech which would violate the Protection from Harassment Act and, were it not for the rule against retroactive enforcement of laws, could constitute a chargeable offence where a deterrent sentence would be appropriate, given that as the first among equals in the Cupboard ops I mean Cabinet, he should set a good example:

[video=youtube;a1WhJKsYb50]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1WhJKsYb50[/video]

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What do you think?

I think to be consistent the Sinkie Polis should:

1) get out of the ambulance;

2) find Pinochio and charge him for harassment since apparently the Act applies to persons outside Singapore; and

3) last but not least Mai Hum and his cronies can suck my dick!

[video=youtube;v4HeY1Krw-Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4HeY1Krw-Y[/video]

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now now... surely the SPF commissioner can't just ignore the incident. His promotion depends on it. :cool:

And there are definitely some more reservoir that needs guarding.

Maybe the next one will be guarding a sewage plant instead! LoL

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Go youtube, search for "fuck Obama".. 3 days and 3 nights also wont be able to finish viewing all videos. Nothing happened to those guys.

In Singapore, where everyone clamours for right to free-speech, it is plain to see that Sinkies are not ready to accept it at all. Not ready for differing views, not ready to simply accept the fact that people have different opinion regarding religion, politics and basically everything. The herding effect is enormous and the society is very much a conformist, contrary to all claims that it isn't.

There is still a long road to go, but there are people who petitioned (Christians, no less) for the release of Amos, so there is hope yet for this country. Anymore action taken against Amos, reinforces what Yakult claimed all along that there is a need to show sinkies the "right" things and how successful Yakult is at doing his job.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

LKY and the PAP have caused distress and harass the oppositions, how come no arrest?

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm curious how many likes did his video get?

His video got like 2k likes and 12k dislikes before it was made private by him....when hovering around 650k views.

Subsequent reloads by others fared the opposite. The ratio reverses. Much more likes and a few dislikes.

Why liddat? Frankly, it will take me three A4 pages, single spacing 12 Arial font-type to detail out the reasons but I'm wasted after one whole week of propaganda filled state sanctioned mourning.

Annunaki

Alfrescian
Loyal
This bugger is like Alex tan....just younger and with bigger balls unlike the humji horse back cannon Alex

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
His video got like 2k likes and 12k dislikes before it was made private by him....when hovering around 650k views.

Subsequent reloads by others fared the opposite. The ratio reverses. Much more likes and a few dislikes.

Why liddat? Frankly, it will take me three A4 pages, single spacing 12 Arial font-type to detail out the reasons but I'm wasted after one whole week of propaganda filled state sanctioned mourning.

it will take 67 man years to figure that one out. but if you want to know, just ask amos. he's your friendly neighborhood spiderman, up against the incredible hoax.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Vivian Balakrishnan once "revealed" that Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong had asked him if he would have bid for the YOG if he had known it would cost more than S$300 million. To this, Balakrishnan said that he would still do it, and had no regrets. Well, if his intent was to just put Singapore in the international spotlight, there's a cheaper way....

http://singaporedesk.blogspot.sg/2015/03/horrible-news.html

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it will take 67 man years to figure that one out. but if you want to know, just ask amos. he's your friendly neighborhood spiderman, up against the incredible hoax.

If you've said 69 man years, Erotica69 will oblige and dance with you.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For the first charge under Section 298, the charge sheet stated that the YouTube video created by Amos Yee “contained remarks against Christianity, with the deliberate intention of wounding the religious feelings of Christians in general”.

I am a Atheist Fundamentalist.
[video=youtube;B3B-PQpGBdY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3B-PQpGBdY[/video]