• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Goh Meng Seng: Wake up to dawn of post-LKY era

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear Singaporeans,

Please wake up from the spell of sympathy as soon as possible. The propaganda you have been seeing and hearing for the whole last week cannot whitewash nor deny the fact that LKY has brought upon Singapore dictatorial rule. Don’t be fooled by the mere presence of “General Elections”. As I have told my Hong Kong friends, Democracy is not just about Universal Suffrage. It is about a whole system built on the basis of Separation of Powers, to effect a true system of Checks and Balances.

Besides, the GE we have in Singapore, has been tainted by the constant intervention of the Executive in terms of Gerrymandering and Pork Barrel politicking. The Power to Elect the people’s representatives, must be independent and kept out of interference of the Executive ruling party.

The Judiciary as well, has been tainted by Rule by Law instead of Rule of Law. The most recent comparison of Amos vs the Young PAP member who put up sedition remarks on religious bearing is one fine example to remind us, little has changed.

We can only rebuild Real Democracy for Singapore, after we acknowledge and understand exactly what are lacking and needed to be restored after decades of dictatorial tendency inflicted by LKY’s rule.

LKY’s “Singapore Model” of a clean, efficient government with dictatorial rule which could bring Economic progress for us, is not sustainable in the long run. This is because his model relies heavily on “Philosopher King” concept; there must exist someone like him, who is clean and incorrigible by power, to be the dictator of the system. However, if the system fell on a corrupt person, all these attributes will be gone and the system will in fact, turn into the worst nightmare for Singapore because the system provides a tremendous concentration of powers with very little checks and balances.

Hong Kong has maintained a strict separation of powers as a Core value for their system. Although Hong Kong is not a country and they are fighting for “Universal Suffrage” for both Legislative Council and Chief Executive elections, but their system itself provides a clear cut of separation of powers. Any attempts by the Executive to interfere or exert influence on the Judiciary, ICAC (Independent Commission Against Corruption), Press freedom or even Academia, will be criticised heavily. Their system of freedom of expression may sometimes look clumsy or even draggy for policy making, but it also provides the needed checks and balances which will maintain the system of clean and efficient governance. They still enjoy economic growth, though not as fast as Singapore.

LKY may be gone, but our aim of building a truly democratic system will not be made easier because his party and son, will continue to try to maintain almost monopoly of powers, with all means.

I have been debunking all those distortions of Historical facts and narratives by PAP’s propaganda machinery for the past two weeks. I have received so many hate messages and some of my friends, even FEAR for my safety. They fear PAP may take revenge by many other means. They even FEAR somebody may harm me and my family physically. When I decided to attend the open live City Forum held by RTHK (Radio Television Hong Kong), they even tried to ask friends privately to help to protect me at this Open Air Forum. I really feel overwhelmed by their care.

I really appreciate their concerns and considerations made for me. But I am not afraid. I cannot be afraid nor frightened by such mental threats or subtle threats. Else the FEAR which my friends and associates are so deeply inflicted with, will perpetuate further in Post-LKY era. And yes, we will have to learn to walk out of that FEAR, even when we know, PAP will continue to use the tried method of “killing the chicken to frighten the monkeys” to instill FEAR in everyone of us.

But the pertinent question we need to ask ourselves, do we still want to continue to let them rule with FEAR? Continue to rule us with DICTATORIAL power? Rule not just us, but also our children and future generations?

We have to move on, chart our own course for Singapore, from Dictatorial rule towards Consensus Rule through Democratic system. Let’s not forget, it is your interests as well as mine, to walk out of this long shadow of dictatorship of LKY which he has imposed on Singapore.
The new dawn may or may not come and it all depends on you and me. Nobody else. We have to face the reality of the fact that LKY’s Model of Singapore rule, is not sustainable. Either we change or we let our Nation dies with it. People say follow LKY and you won’t die. I would urge you to think carefully whether it really makes any sense to you at this very instance of Post-LKY era.

A nation ruled by Fear will not prosper with creativity and innovations. LKY’s “Singapore Model” can only work if and only if, the dictator himself is like him and FULL obedience from Singaporeans must be instilled, be it via FEAR or otherwise. Can this be possible in this era of Internet with massive information flow and opinions shared through New Media and internet forums? It can only happen in places like North Korea. Not an open economy like Singapore.

We should wake up from our dream and spell in believing what LKY did 50 years ago, is still relevant to our Singapore today. In today’s world of complexity, you can only use persuasion through more open political debates and consensus building process, to unite the people’s view, to conclude new social order, mindset and contracts so that our little Nation can move as one People, One Nation. The use of FEAR and dictatorial rule, should be thrown into the rubbish bin because these are no longer effective means nor stable methods.

Let us start a new page for Singapore, my fellow friends, in the start of the post-LKY era. Let us do it right so that the political system can be sustainable and our Nation can outlive each and everyone of us, for many generations to come. Build the Democratic system our Nation deserves.

Goh Meng Seng

* The writer contested in the 2006 GE with WP in Aljunied GRC as one of 5 team members. He then left WP in 2006 after the election due to “some Internet postings which had tarnished the WP’s reputation” despite being a CEC member and a member of WP’s “A team” at the time.
He later joined NSP and eventually became its Secretary-General. He contested in the 2011 GE in the 5-man Tampines GRC as team leader against the incumbent Mah Bow Tan (then Minister for National Development). His team lost to Mah’s team.
Mr Goh stepped down from his post as Secretary-General of NSP after the 2011 election in June 2011 “for a breather and to take stock of his future”. He eventually left NSP. He now blogs at singaporealternatives.blogspot.sg.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
when you look at any accounts there is debit n credit,,,,,,,, in LKY's there are more credits than debits
The credits manifested in what we enjoy today,,,,,,, the debits as some shade and crumbs like Francis Seow, Tan Wah Piow, Tang Liang Hong etc who did not contribute to any wellbeing I am enjoying today!! So what have they done for me? What has LKY done for me????????? I have decided.
If you choose to be blinkered, that is your prerogative!
BTW I doubt very much that the first 20 years of SG50 can be managed better without strong hands. Look at fucking Melayu land

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Look out for the stupid grateful brigade who still put on the black ribbon on their Facebook profiles and car hoods. :rolleyes:

One more thing: 'Write your tributes to LKY' booths which are still at NLB public libraries... the grandiose live telecast state funeral is long over, give it a fucking rest already. :rolleyes:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
when you look at any accounts there is debit n credit,,,,,,,, in LKY's there are more credits than debits
The credits manifested in what we enjoy today,,,,,,, the debits as some shade and crumbs like Francis Seow, Tan Wah Piow, Tang Liang Hong etc who did not contribute to any wellbeing I am enjoying today!! So what have they done for me? What has LKY done for me????????? I have decided.

Please stop propagating the myth.

LKY is 国贼 not 国父. The propaganda machinery is giving him far too much credit than what he deserves.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Finally after a decade of decling popularity at the polls, the tide is turning. More Singaporeans are choosing to unite behind the PAP as we bravely march against the enemies from within. A Mao styled purge after the landslide victory at the elections would be most delightful!

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
he hopes to but the leaders there is wary of him......... too hot to hold

I think not just SFP. Every party has seen him over the decade and will think twice or more.

Any party that accepts him will soon become his ex party and as we know, he targets his ex parties (WP, NSP) the most in his literal works.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
you bloody idiot GMS only fi you listen to the ground and NOT to go to Marine Parade GRC in 2011GE you could be in parliament today.

Knn, suku uselss kia now kpkb for fuck?

go fuck spider.

Dear Singaporeans,

Please wake up from the spell of sympathy as soon as possible. The propaganda you have been seeing and hearing for the whole last week cannot whitewash nor deny the fact that LKY has brought upon Singapore dictatorial rule. Don’t be fooled by the mere presence of “General Elections”. As I have told my Hong Kong friends, Democracy is not just about Universal Suffrage. It is about a whole system built on the basis of Separation of Powers, to effect a true system of Checks and Balances.

.[/I]

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please stop propagating the myth.

LKY is 国贼 not 国父. The propaganda machinery is giving him far too much credit than what he deserves.

myth??
u were too young to recall how the ultras run down sg
but u shud recall how My uses water to push us ard........... I hate papigs but I give credit where it is due else watz the diff betw beast n me?

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
myth??
u were too young to recall how the ultras run down sg
but u shud recall how My uses water to push us ard........... I hate papigs but I give credit where it is due else watz the diff betw beast n me?

you were and is still living in the historical bickering between the old fart and his malaysian counterparts. he dont know how to be nice and humble instead acted hum chee and kiam pak. we were suffering becos of him.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think not just SFP. Every party has seen him over the decade and will think twice or more.

Any party that accepts him will soon become his ex party and as we know, he targets his ex parties (WP, NSP) the most in his literal works.

csj welcume him w opened legs

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
BTW I doubt very much that the first 20 years of SG50 can be managed better without strong hands. Look at fucking Melayu land
agree.

for the sake of dead white scum's credits in the 1st 20yrs, let's all forget about the endless screw-up in the subsequent 30yrs and still counting.

btw nobody else deserves the slightest mention of any contribution, any sacrifices, etc, etc, etc, in that 1st 20yrs.

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal

may i suggest he joins the white scums?