• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Which son of LHY argued with LKY till late at night?

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In eulogy of LHY, he mentioned one of the grandsons argued with LKY and each trying to convince the other, till late into the night.

But as usual, can't clearly hear what he said.

What is the name of this grandson of LKY?

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even if this grandson had the feeling that LHL was running the country the wrong way, there is no way LHL is able to turn things around.

He had gone too deep and entrenched in his current mode to un-do things that are literally on auto mode.

His cronies and rich buddies now dictate to him HOW the country should be run.

takashi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even if this grandson had the feeling that LHL was running the country the wrong way, there is no way LHL is able to turn things around.

He had gone too deep and entrenched in his current mode to un-do things that are literally on auto mode.

His cronies and rich buddies now dictate to him HOW the country should be run.
It's like the nursery rhyme, Humpty Dumpty:

D

Deleted member 80916

Which son married Sheng Siong Boss's daughter ?
Or is this false ?

takashi

Alfrescian
Loyal
And the relevant paragraph is:
As I grew up, sometimes I would talk to Ye Ye about politics and the State. Always he spoke with the courage of his convictions; with a certainty born of long consideration. As you might guess, we didn’t always agree. At the dining table, he never argued opportunistically - he never took a position he didn’t believe for a tactical advantage. The facts were the facts - our beliefs should accord with the evidence, and not the other way around.

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It was the first grandson.

They had a fruitful and respectful discourse until the topic turned to pigmentation. From then on, it became violent !:o

Administrator

Alfrescian
Loyal
“The grandchildren had views of their own and could be outspoken, and were often ready to engage with Papa on issues of the day. I recall one birthday dinner where Shengwu debated with his Ye Ye till late, long after we had finished dinner, both sides wanting to ensure that the other understood his perspective and point of view!” Li Sheng Wu is the son of Hsien Yang and won the Best Speaker in the World (World Universities Debating Championship) in 2010."

I think he has a Ph.D. in Economics from Stanford University.