• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is PAP leadership exploiting LKY's death. What do you think?

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
First of all I do respect LKY although he is far from perfect. I respect his characters. He was straight forward, forthright, no-nonsense, pragmatic and a very private person. With such characters, I am wondering whether the overwhelmingly outpouring of the ‘sucked up’ publicity and attention which have been splashing over his dead body over these few days is something he really wanted or would appreciate or is it even the idea of the Lee Family.

I have a gut feel, perhaps, what he really wanted was a simple, quite and dignified memorial service to be mourned and grieved by his immediate family members and a few really closed friends. I remembered many journalists had asked the question of how he wanted to be judged on his legacies. If I am not wrong, he simply answered to the effect that “By then I will be gone. Does it matter?”

The next crucial point I am worrying is that all these publicity over LKY demise may be a ploy which is orchestrated and facilitated by some current ruling pappies who are now worrying of losing their votes and are exploiting this memorial national occasion to play up the emotion of the populace to gain sympathy votes for the next coming election.

I feel that the whole memorial service is also not conducted in a very good taste.

First, we know that the Lee Family lives, breathes and eats on Confucianism; and one of the very important Confucian virtues is that a family must give totally undivided attention of mourning and grieving over the parent’s immediate death for at least a few days.
How then could the Lee Family mourn in full privacy when LKY’s body has been placed in different places and opened 24/7 for thousands and thousands of people queuing hours after hours to take a glimpse just immediately after he died. He is not a Chinese terracotta or a museum artifact.

Besides, this is also not the right time for the Lee Family to entertain so many people. I have been seeing LHL coming out to thank and shake hands with people many times. At this sad and emotional moment for his family, he should just concentrate on mourning and not handling the publicity.

Second, we Chinese believe that to REST IN PEACE, the soul must not be wondering around.

But how could LKY’s soul rests in peace when his body was placed all over different buildings. First, in the hospital, then his house, then Istana, then Parliament House. Tomorrow, it will be placed at University Cultural Centre for few hours, then finally to be cremated at Mandai Crematorium.

It is too late to suggest now. But I think it would be better for the LKY’s body to be laid in his house for a few days first so that the Lee Family, relatives and closed friends can mourn him in privacy with full attention. Then, coming to tomorrow, we can send him off with full military protocol and 21 gun salute for cremation.

After that we will then set up his photo at Istana, Parliament House, wherever, for as long as it takes for people to pay respect at their owned time with real sincerity. I think this way is more dignified and genuine.

I hope we are not living to our owned regret that we have been a victim of the current self-serving pappies’ ploy.

http://www.tremeritus.com/2015/03/29/are-current-pap-leaders-exploiting-the-death-of-lky/

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course they are. That's what politics is all about.

They will definitely try. But people know the difference between the PAP of yesteryear and the PAP of today.
Trying to climb on LKYs bandwagon will only heighten the difference.