• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinkie pays tribute to LKY..

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I spent close to 6 hours in the queue. I could have used my PA appointment to jump queue, but I felt that would be wrong and be everything Ah Gong stood for. So, I joined the queue and I took close to 6 hours before I finally entered Parliament House to pay my final respects to Ah Gong. It was a tiring 6 hours. At times, I wanted to give up and was tempted to just jump the queue. But I remembered all that Ah Gong had sacrificed for Singapore, and I thought 'what was 6 hours of queuing?" I started a conversation with a chap who spent the last two hours walking slowly beside me in the queue. He was a colonel in the army. But he joined the queue because he was off-duty, and he too said the same thing.

Walking 6 hours to pay my final respects to Ah Gong was like a religious pilgrimage for us both. I felt closer to God and a bit more humble by the time I left Parliament House. I think after this special week of national mourning, Singaporeans from all walks of life will feel closer to each other, our founding fathers and to the party that steered Singapore through its difficult times. Singapore and PAP's destiny are inter-twined.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
However, some things like our Singapore history needs to be put in perspective though and the truth needs to be kept and be told.....

My grand-parents lived in Katong area and Katong Park was already around....and Sea View Hotel was already there, which many old folks I'm sure have fond memories......

My grand-parents have a black and white TV and we have pulse telephone and tape recorder, radio and Redifuson and we're living in a big bungalow and cars. (Yes, a few cars and not one car with high COE).......and there're quite a few mansions along the sea-front......and the East Coast was pretty well developed by that time....

And all this progress at the turn of the 20th century (meaning 1900 onwards) has nothing to do with LKY or PAP, as it only came to power only in 1959...

In any case, in spite of the incessant propaganda this week, it is better to keep to the truth at all costs, in this technological age, better not to lie so blatantly.

Here, read my article....

http://www.fom.sg/Passage/2009/05seasidewalk.pdf

We only want the truth and nothing but the truth.....so help us God.

Yes, there were atap houses. But there were also zinc houses, concrete houses and terrace houses, bungalows, two-storey houses and houses with gardens and cars and buses already by 1965.

Every society has poor people, not so poor and the rich. But the majority are immigrants and some are already 3rd generation Straits Settlement settlers by the turn of the 20th century.....so Singapore was never a swamp or a fishing village in 1965 or 1959. No need to lie until like that. Some of the children and grand-children of the folks of that era are still alive. I happened to be one of them.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I spent close to 6 hours in the queue. I could have used my PA appointment to jump queue, but I felt that would be wrong and be everything Ah Gong stood for. So, I joined the queue and I took close to 6 hours before I finally entered Parliament House to pay my final respects to Ah Gong. It was a tiring 6 hours. At times, I wanted to give up and was tempted to just jump the queue. But I remembered all that Ah Gong had sacrificed for Singapore, and I thought 'what was 6 hours of queuing?" I started a conversation with a chap who spent the last two hours walking slowly beside me in the queue. He was a colonel in the army. But he joined the queue because he was off-duty, and he too said the same thing.

Aiyah ...there are loads of people who queue for 8 hours or more. You, six hours, make a big deal. I think all of you who paid homage to Old Fart are idiots.

Walking 6 hours to pay my final respects to Ah Gong was like a religious pilgrimage for us both. I felt closer to God and a bit more humble by the time I left Parliament House. I think after this special week of national mourning, Singaporeans from all walks of life will feel closer to each other, our founding fathers and to the party that steered Singapore through its difficult times. Singapore and PAP's destiny are inter-twined.
So, PA and PAP will be giving out Old Fart idols for every sinkee to install on their home altars?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Aiyah ...there are loads of people who queue for 8 hours or more. You, six hours, make a big deal. I think all of you who paid homage to Old Fart are idiots.

So, PA and PAP will be giving out Old Fart idols for every sinkee to install on their home altars?

If it was the old John Tan, I would have fucked you upside down for your irreverent remarks. But after this week's pilgrimage to bow before Ah Gong's coffin at Parliament House, John Tan feels born-again. You are forgiven, brother.