• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LTC also kena this duty

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the point is is it normal to get your majors and colonels to guard the coffin 24/7 ? what about other countries ?

I believe that military tradition indicates that the rank of the vigil guards be the same as the deceased, for example: the corporal (and I worked briefly, on per diem, where his mother was working) who was shot by some "deranged" individual in Ottawa, had corporals and sergeants as vigil guards.

Therefore, it would appear for an esteemed and dedicated PM, and well known senior statesman, like LKY, it would be incumbent on the government to have very senior officers to to stand as vigil guards.

jw5

Loyal
Couple Of Points:

1. He cannot forget that he was once a policeman. :wink:

2. Loves to name drop and appointment drop. ASP this, DSP that, etc. :biggrin:

What is the big deal. If I am not mistaken the Comm of Police and Chief of Def report to their respective Perm Sec. In reality, they are only dy sec in the adminstrative service.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I did not indicate that it is or it was a big deal.
It is just an event or rather a significant event in Singapore.

It is significant becos IDIOTS like you made it significant.

Spending millions of dollars in a few freaking days for a carcass , whereas some Sinkie are going hungry and cannot even pay their essential bills.

Oh I forgot, I guess idiots like you would also think along the lines... "So you want three meals in a restaurant or at a hawker centre?"

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Couple Of Points:

1. He cannot forget that he was once a policeman. :wink:

2. Loves to name drop and appointment drop. ASP this, DSP that, etc. :biggrin:

I am not [GoldenDragon] a former DSP with the SPF.
I was never in the SPF.

Last edited:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is significant becos IDIOTS like you made it significant.

Spending millions of dollars in a few freaking days for a carcass , whereas some Sinkie are going hungry and cannot even pay their essential bills.

Oh I forgot, I guess idiots like you would also think along the lines... "So you want three meals in a restaurant or at a hawker centre?"

I may be an idiot who has been a resident in Canada for the past 30+ years.
To me, based on the internet coverage, it appears to be a very significant event.
Thank you for your "compliments".
Enjoy your day.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe that military tradition indicates that the rank of the vigil guards be the same as the deceased, for example: the corporal (and I worked briefly, on per diem, where his mother was working) who was shot by some "deranged" individual in Ottawa, had corporals and sergeants as vigil guards.

Therefore, it would appear for an esteemed and dedicated PM, and well known senior statesman, like LKY, it would be incumbent on the government to have very senior officers to to stand as vigil guards.

So LKY is equivalent to ME5?

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I may be an idiot who has been a resident in Canada for the past 30+ years.
To me, based on the internet coverage, it appears to be a very significant event.
Thank you for your "compliments".
Enjoy your day.

This precisely why idiots like you though 'migrated' remain an idiot whereever you go.

But then again if that despot, now DEAD could have fooled the World, I don't see why he could not have FOOLED many others resulting in such 'internet coverage' so deemed by you to then again resulted in idiots making this a SIGNIFICANT event.

It is said for every 10 persons born, 8 are made to be fools.

Now it does not take much guessing among the 10, which side you were on.

And that was not a 'compliment'! LoL

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This precisely why idiots like you though 'migrated' remain an idiot whereever you go.

But then again if that despot, now DEAD could have fooled the World, I don't see why he could not have FOOLED many others resulting in such 'internet coverage' so deemed by you to then again resulted in idiots making this a SIGNIFICANT event.

It is said for every 10 persons born, 8 are made to be fools.

Now it does not take much guessing among the 10, which side you were on.

And that was not a 'compliment'! LoL

Thank you for your comments.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
By the way, you may already know, that in the SPF, one crest is an ASP (Assistant Superintendent of Police), one pip and one crest is a DSP, and two pips and one crest is a Superintendent of Police.

Whereas in the SAF, one crest (more affectionately known as "crab") is a Major, two crests (in the old days, it was one pip and one crest) is a LTC, and three crests (in the old days, two pips and one crest) is a COL or Colonel.

I think there is a new rank ...senior LTC.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think there is a new rank ...senior LTC.

I speculate that this new rank of SLTC may have been implemented to retain those who the SAF wish to keep for a few more years, but they do not wish to promote to Colonel.
In the old days, it was very difficult to be promoted to Colonel.
My Brigade Commander was a LTC (Chng Teow Hua, first batch OCS)
The CO for 3 SIR and 4 SIR were Majors (at that time, Neo Poh Chuan and Chow Giak Piak, also from the first batch OCS),
and then CPT Gwee Peng Hong, a commando officer, became CO for 1 SIR.
I heard but did not verify that the SAF was promoting him to Local Major, and Gwee indicated that if as a CPT, he was good enough to be CO, he does not need the Local Major.
Eventually, the SAF promoted Gwee to Major, during his term as CO 1 SIR.

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is definitely a great honour to stand guard and maintain vigil for LKY. You could tell your children or grandchildren about it when you are an old man.