• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

"Mexicans" (ahem! ahem!) coming to send off Old Man.(Did you train under them?)

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
President Reuven Rivlin traveled Wednesday to Singapore to pay his respects to the country’s first prime minister, Lee Kuan Yew, 91, who passed away Monday after more than a month of battling severe pneumonia.

The trip underscored the close ties between Singapore and Israel, which helped the tiny nation develop its military after it broke away from Malaysia in 1965.

“I am traveling with a sense of respect for the great people of Singapore upon the death a significant leader such as Lee Kuan Yew,” Rivlin said in a statement before flying to the Asian country on Wednesday. “I’m going to represent the State of Israel and its citizens not only to express condolences at the passing of the founder of Singapore, but also to express our appreciation for his work as an important and valued leader. The State of Israel sees Singapore as a significant and important friend, and I have no doubt that relations between the two countries will continue to get stronger.”

Lee, who co-founded the People’s Action Party (PAP) and took office in 1959, served as prime minister for three decades, including after the country separated from Malaysia in 1965. He was considered to be a major driving force in propelling the country’s rapid economic growth throughout his lengthy term and placed special emphasis on promoting business entrepreneurship. He was also known for his policies which curbed Singapore’s internal democracy and for his efforts to strengthen ties with China.

Israel and Singapore enjoyed tight military cooperation under Lee’s rule, and weapons sales from Israeli-owned companies were instrumental in building up the Asian country’s armed forces. The strong military cooperation between the two countries continues to this day, especially with regards to Singapore’s Air Force, which operates a squadron of unmanned aerial vehicles manufactured by Israeli weapons development company Elbit Systems, Haaretz reported.

Read more: Rivlin flies to funeral of Singapore's first PM | The Times of Israel http://www.timesofisrael.com/rivlin-to-attend-funeral-of-singapores-first-pm/#ixzz3Van6Hbwh
Follow us: @timesofisrael on Twitter | timesofisrael on Facebook

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
The last time a mexican president came to this island, it inconvenienced a lot of us for more than one month.

I wonder if he would be the first exception after 25 years