• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The most touching moment so far. My tears actually welled up..

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Former MP Chiam See Tong pays final respects to Lee Kuan Yew
By Leong Wai Kit, News 5 Tonight
POSTED: 27 Mar 2015 15:35 UPDATED: 27 Mar 2015 15:49

Former MP Chiam See Tong paying his respects to Mr Lee Kuan Yew at Parliament House. (Photo: Xabryna Kek)
A
A+
SINGAPORE: Former Member of Parliament and veteran opposition politician Chiam See Tong paid his last respects to Singapore's founding Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew at Parliament House on Friday (Mar 27).

Accompanied by his wife and current NCMP Lina Chiam, Mr Chiam, who is Secretary-General of the Singapore People's Party also met with Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong after he paid his respects.

"I think Singapore is very lucky to have Mr Lee as our first Prime Minister," Mr Chiam said. "The first time I met him, he was very stern and he asked: 'Who is this?' I don't think he knew me."

Environment and Water Resources Minister Vivian Balakrishnan, who helped support Mr Chiam as he paid his respects, said in a Facebook post after that 80-year-old Mr Chiam insisted on climbing the steps despite his physical challenges.

"They had mutual respect for each other's integrity, gumption and unflagging passion," he said.
- CNA/kk

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
The difference with Mr Chiam and Mr Lee. Mr Chiam conducted his Meet-the-People session in a void deck. Mr Lee lives simply in a spartan house. But Mr Lee got millions whilst Mr Chiam got peanuts!

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
millions is considered peanuts when you consider how much trillions LKY has built for SGP.