• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dr Mad 'saddened' by LKY death but didn't come to pay respect (Acceptable?)

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/former-malaysia-pm/1745640.html

"I cannot say I was a close friend of Kuan Yew. But still I feel sad at his demise," Dr Mahathir wrote in a blogpost on Friday (Mar 27).

SINGAPORE: Former Malaysia Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad on Friday (Mar 27) said he was "saddened" by the demise of Singapore's founding Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew

He wrote on his blog: "I cannot say I was a close friend of Kuan Yew. But still I feel sad at his demise. We crossed swords many times ... but there was no enmity, only differences in our views of what was good for the newborn nation."

Below is the blogpost reproduced in full:

No matter how friendly or unfriendly we are, the passing away of a man you know well saddens you.

I cannot say I was a close friend of Kuan Yew. But still I feel sad at his demise.

Kuan Yew became well known at a young age. I was a student in Singapore when I read about his defence of labour unions.

I first met Kuan Yew when I was a Member of Parliament in 1964 after Singapore joined Malaysia in 1963. We crossed swords many times during the debates. But there was no enmity, only differences in our views of what was good for the newborn nation. He included me among the ultra Malays who was responsible for the racial riots in Singapore. Actually I never went to Singapore to stir up trouble. Somebody else whom I would not name did.

The Tunku attended the inaugural meeting of the PAP and was quite friendly with Kuan Yew. He believed Kuan Yew was a bastion against Communism. But when the PAP contested in the Malaysian elections in 1964 with Malaysian Malaysia as its slogan, Tunku felt that the PAP’s presence in Malaysia was going to be disruptive for the country.

When I became PM in 1981, I paid a courtesy call on Kuan Yew. It was a friendly call and he immediately agreed to my proposal that the Malaysia and Singapore times which had always been the same should be advanced by half an hour. I explained that it would be easier adjusting our time when travelling as we would fall within the time zones fixed for the whole world at one hour intervals.

I am afraid on most other issues we could not agree.

When I had a heart attack in 1989 and required open heart surgery, he cared enough to ring up my wife to ask her to delay the operation as he had arranged for the best heart surgeon, a Singaporean living in Australia, to do the operation. But by then, I had been given pre-med and was asleep prior to the operation the next day.

My wife thanked him but apologised. She promised to ring him up after the operation. She did the next evening.

When he was ill, I requested to see him. He agreed but the night before the visit, the Singapore High Commissioner received a message that he was very sick and could not see me.

Still when he attended the Nihon Keizai Shimbun annual conference on the Future of Asia in Tokyo, which I never failed to attend, I went up to him at dinner to ask how he was. We sat down together to chat and the Japanese photographers took our pictures promising not to put it in the press. I wouldn’t mind even if they did. But I suppose people will make all kinds of stories about it.

Now Kuan Yew is no more. His passage marks the end of the period when those who fought for independence led their countries and knew the value of independence.

ASEAN lost a strong leadership after President Suharto and Lee Kuan Yew.

DollarsNoSense

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/former-malaysia-pm/1745640.html

he immediately agreed to my proposal that the Malaysia and Singapore times which had always been the same should be advanced by half an hour. I explained that it would be easier adjusting our time when travelling as we would fall within the time zones fixed for the whole world at one hour intervals.

its all Dr M's fault that our great leader passed on half an hour earlier!
thank u for your wayang shows you put up with our great leeder during the mid 90s. Interesting bashing sessions which help the both of u win political support

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
DrM wanted to see him when he was in hospital. That is more appropriate. But was told he was too sick by the high com.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dr Mad is v similar to the haters in here. Glad that LKY kicked his ass many times and pissed him off while he was alive.

At least he say something civil publicly....wonder, what did he say privately...must be full of that $#$#@#% shit?? who knows right?

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://chedet.cc/?p=1620#more-1620

1. No matter how friendly or unfriendly we are, the passing away of a man you know well saddens you.

2. I cannot say I was a close friend of Kuan Yew. But still I feel sad at his demise.

3. Kuan Yew became well known at a young age. I was a student in Singapore when I read about his defence of labour unions.

4. I first met Kuan Yew when I was a member of Parliament in 1964 after Singapore joined Malaysia in 1963. We crossed swords many time during the debates. But there was no enmity, only differences in our views of what was good for the newborn nation. He included me among the ultra Malays who was responsible for the racial riots in Singapore. Actually I never went to Singapore to stir up trouble. Somebody else whom I would not name did.

5. The Tunku attended the inaugural meeting of the PAP and was quite friendly with Kuan Yew. He believed Kuan Yew was a bastion against Communism. But when the PAP contested in the Malaysian elections in 1964 with Malaysian Malaysia as its slogan, Tunku felt that the PAP’s presence in Malaysia was going to be disruptive for the country.

6. When I became PM in 1981, I paid a courtesy call on Kuan Yew. It was a friendly call and he immediately agreed to my proposal that the Malaysia and Singapore times which had always been the same should be advanced by half an hour. I explained that it would be easier adjusting our time when travelling as we would fall within the time zones fixed for the whole world at one hour intervals.

7. I am afraid on most other issues we could not agree.

8. When I had a heart attack in 1989 and required open heart surgery, he cared enough to ring up my wife to ask her to delay the operation as he had arranged for the best heart surgeon, a Singaporean living in Australia, to do the operation. But by then, I had been given pre-med and was asleep prior to the operation the next day.

99. My wife thanked him but apologized. She promised to ring him up after the operation. She did the next evening.

10. When he was ill, I requested to see him. He agreed but the night before the visit, the Singapore High Commissioner received a message that he was very sick and could not see me.

11. Still when he attended the Nihon Keizai Shimbun annual conference on the Future of Asia in Tokyo, which I never failed to attend, I went up to him at dinner to ask how he was. We sat down together to chat and the Japanese photographers took our pictures promising not to put it in the press. I wouldn’t mind even if they did. But I suppose people will make all kinds of stories about it.

12. Now Kuan Yew is no more. His passage marks the end of the period when those who fought for independence lead their countries and knew the value of independence.

13. Asean lost a strong leadership after President Suharto and Lee Kuan Yew.

Sounds better than the letter to Philip and Kenneth J.

contrast

CONDOLENCE LETTER FROM PRIME MINISTER LEE HSIEN LOONG ON DEMISE OF JB JEYARETNAM
30 September 2008

Mr Kenneth Jeyaretnam
Mr Philip Jeyaretnam

Dear Kenneth and Philip Jeyaretnam

I was sad to learn that your father, Mr Joshua Benjamin Jeyaretnam, has passed away. Mr JB Jeyaretnam was a Member of Parliament for Anson constituency from 1981 till 1986, and a Non-Constituency Member of Parliament from 1997 till 2001. He used to engage in heated debates in the House. Perhaps it was because he and the PAP never saw eye to eye on any major political issue and he sought by all means to demolish the PAP and our system of government. Unfortunately, this helped neither to build up a constructive opposition nor our Parliamentary tradition. Nevertheless, one had to respect Mr JB Jeyaretnam’s dogged tenacity to be active in politics at his age.

However, our differences were not personal. In 1993, one of you (Kenneth) wrote to Mr Goh Chok Tong, who was then Prime Minister, to say that you found employers in Singapore reluctant to offer you a job, and your only explanation was that the employers felt the authorities would not welcome your employment because of your name. Mr Goh replied with a letter which could be shown to prospective employers, to say that the government did not hold anything against you, and that employers should evaluate you fairly on your own merits, like any other candidate, because Singapore needed every talented person that it could find. Mr Goh had previously made the same point to your brother Philip, whom he had invited to lunch. I am therefore happy that both of you have established yourselves in Singapore.

Please accept my deepest condolences.

Yours sincerely

Lee Hsien Loong

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
this evil bastard, if sincere shud have send condolences n tribute much earlier, not when he got criticised and after Najib came
he is now jealous of LKY drawing so huge crowd and famous pple coming to his funeral
can the evil bastard even get one percent of what LKY has garnered????
eat your heart out Mahababi

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
READ THESE PARAGRAPHS CAREFULLY.

FILLED WITH INNUENDOS.

When he was ill, I requested to see him. He agreed but the night before the visit, the Singapore High Commissioner received a message that he was very sick and could not see me.

.Still when he attended the Nihon Keizai Shimbun annual conference on the Future of Asia in Tokyo, which I never failed to attend, I went up to him at dinner to ask how he was. We sat down together to chat and the Japanese photographers took our pictures promising not to put it in the press. I wouldn’t mind even if they did. But I suppose people will make all kinds of stories about it.

Now Kuan Yew is no more. His passage marks the end of the period when those who fought for independence led their countries and knew the value of independence.

ASEAN lost a strong leadership after President Suharto and Lee Kuan Yew.

apogee

Alfrescian
Loyal
this evil bastard, if sincere shud have send condolences n tribute much earlier, not when he got criticised and after Najib came
he is now jealous of LKY drawing so huge crowd and famous pple coming to his funeral
can the evil bastard even get one percent of what LKY has garnered????
eat your heart out Mahababi

Mahathir will not get that type of crowd because he does not need it.

In any event, a Muslim must be buried before sundown.