• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ah leong back to being anti PAP?

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
How come all his recent posts are criticizing pap?

Is it due to the death of old fart which has suddenly lifted the blanket of fear from him or he's just trolling just to be an ass changing stance here and there.

If you think that Sam is pro-PAP / pro-LKY based on his postings (recent and past, since Delphi days), you have been mistaken - be more discerning.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I think you're probably aware of the so-called sins of commission and omission, so just because you have NOT said that you DISAGREE with any PAP policy, it does not necessarily mean that you agree with every PAP policy, especially since you've just said the word "majority"! :wink:

Also, your first post in this thread means the same thing:

Anyway, I'm still looking for a post of yours in which you clearly disagree with a specific PAP policy. :wink:

Of course I don't agree with every single PAP policy. There are many policies that are ridiculous but that does not mean I do not support the fundamental philosophy of the PAP. They are far enough to the right to gain my continued support.

If you want specific policies that I disagree with I can tell you that I disagree with all PAP policies which help the poor. They only make matters worse.

takashi

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you want specific policies that I disagree with I can tell you that I disagree with all PAP policies which help the poor. They only make matters worse.
Thanks for saving me the trouble to look for that specific post! :biggrin:

takashi

Alfrescian
Loyal
...that does not mean I do not support the fundamental philosophy of the PAP. They are far enough to the right to gain my continued support.
Okay, if you were using the word "neutral" to mean politically neutral, then although I've not managed to find an anti-PAP post of yours, the following post should prove that you're NOT pro-PAP! :p

Apologies to LHL- My account was used by my Nephew without my authorisation
He's to anti PAP. We need someone neutral like me.

LEGEND

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Leong and BS are pro pappies. They are also Kum Lanjiao buddy. :o

Btw BS, MS run road ah? Long long time no see him liao.

The Penetrator

Alfrescian
Loyal
[QUOTE="Leongsam;2156550
However I have no liking for Steve Jobs. Personally I always thought that he was one of the nastiest people around. I actually had to deal with him as a customer during a portion of my career. He was a nightmare to deal with.
[/QUOTE]
Did Steve Jobs destroyed your family too ?

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Of course I don't agree with every single PAP policy. There are many policies that are ridiculous but that does not mean I do not support the fundamental philosophy of the PAP. They are far enough to the right to gain my continued support.

As a hardcore PAP supporter since 27th Mar 2015, I am disgusted with your attitude that PAP policies which helps the poor (when it clearly does not) is wrong, it clearly is a smokescreen you twit! We are still far right as far as I am concerned! :oIo:

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The only reason that Sam supported PAP because he was afraid that he's website will be banned . So he try to balance things up .

takashi

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only reason that Sam supported PAP because he was afraid that he's website will be banned . So he try to balance things up .
But if the PAP government one day decides to ban sammyboy.com because most of its members are anti-PAP, would Leongsam's "support" of the PAP prevent it? :confused:

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
The PAP is a product of LKY just as the iPhone/iPad/Mac etc are products of Steve Jobs.

I love my Mac computer and I'm eternally grateful to Jobs for his creations. I don't know what I'd do without my Mac.

However I have no liking for Steve Jobs. Personally I always thought that he was one of the nastiest people around. I actually had to deal with him as a customer during a portion of my career. He was a nightmare to deal with.

Same goes with LKY. He's a horrible man but I agree with the majority of the policies of the PAP as they created boundless opportunities for myself and my friends.

If you can't see the distinction between LKY the person and LKY the PM and Sec Gen of the PAP, then you're to naive to understand politics. However, you're not alone. The majority here are just like you.

Your comparison between LKY and Steve Jobs is totally wrong. One is a politician whose policies affect everyone. No one has a choice. So if his policies turn out bad, people suffer. (And there are plenty of examples of LKY's bad policies). The other is a business man. If you like his products then buy them. If you don't like it, don't buy. There is choice. And even if you don't like his products after buying them, you lose some cash that's all. But a bad policy does much more than cause a person to lose cash. They drive people to all sorts of negative situations - poverty, family break-ups, mental hospitals and suicides to name a few.

For Steve Jobs, no matter how nasty a person he may be, his products benefited everyone. For those who do not like apple products, they have a choice not to buy them.

For LKY, his policies did not benefit everyone. In fact, many suffered under his policies. They lose much more than just cash. And they have a choice not to

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Your comparison between LKY and Steve Jobs is totally wrong. One is a politician whose policies affect everyone. No one has a choice. So if his policies turn out bad, people suffer. (And there are plenty of examples of LKY's bad policies). The other is a business man. If you like his products then buy them. If you don't like it, don't buy. There is choice. And even if you don't like his products after buying them, you lose some cash that's all. But a bad policy does much more than cause a person to lose cash. They drive people to all sorts of negative situations - poverty, family break-ups, mental hospitals and suicides to name a few.

For Steve Jobs, no matter how nasty a person he may be, his products benefited everyone. For those who do not like apple products, they have a choice not to buy them.

For LKY, his policies did not benefit everyone. In fact, many suffered under his policies. They lose much more than just cash. And they have a choice not to

totally agreed. But Ah Leong will say something like..For LKY , if you dislike, you have a choice to move out of sinkieland. He thought want to move just move, if is that easy, the 40% had already move out.

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have no ill gotten gains. I worked hard for every cent.

This forum not bringing the bacon to the table ? :p

I'm not anti LKY. I said I hate him personally because of what he did to my family.

However, I have great admiration for his policies and his leadership skills and the black forum skin is to show my respect for a great man who did great things for the country during his tenure.

You once mentioned that one of the MacDonald House bombing victim was related to you , was this the cause of your hatred for Harry ? :eek:
Or was it the previous Leongsam :confused:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

You absolutely right but I wasn't comparing roles I was illustrating the need for a distinction between judging a person vs their creations.

Horrible, evil people can produce masterpieces but their wonderful creations don't negate their character flaws.