• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cannot access forum on local ip?

takashi

Alfrescian
Loyal
u use sammyboy.com or singsupplies.com? ... appears 2 me prob lies wif sammyboy.com ... kips u waiting n waiting 4 donkey ears ...
yes, sammyboy.com has probably been blocked by MDA, so anyone using a Singapore IP address won't be able to view anything! :mad:

singsupplies.com (which I'm using now) is still not blocked yet, but it's very slow... :(

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
yes, sammyboy.com has probably been blocked by MDA, so anyone using a Singapore IP address won't be able to view anything! :mad:

singsupplies.com (which I'm using now) is still not blocked yet, but it's very slow... :(

Just checked. No ISP is blocking as I see many connections from all SG ISPs. However, the slow connections point to some sort of network congestion.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
oh..PAP and LEE family so afraid of others talking bad about them???? wahahhah..what a low life!!!!

you wanna vote such primitive losers in the govt???

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I think problem is not with the IPs accessing from.

Access from singsupplies is fine. The problem is sammyboy.com

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Because you'll bypass the problem networks if you connect via a proxy.

I see but it certainly cannot be due to isp because i can surf youtube and other sites without proxy pretty quickly except for this site which means the congestion is at your site's end.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Exactly!!!!!

Just because the PIE is congested on the way to Jurong does not mean that AYE is congested too. There may have been an accident along the PIE which is causing the problem.

Those driving to Jurong via the AYE will experience a smooth flow of traffic whereas those along PIE may be stuck for an hour.

Same applies to the internet. It all depends upon the path the hops take.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I see but it certainly cannot be due to isp because i can surf youtube and other sites without proxy pretty quickly except for this site which means the congestion is at your site's end.
using a proxycan psotformatting seems to be not working for long textcannot editcannot post pics

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

I didn't say it's your ISP. Each site is located on a different part of the internet. Huge sites like youtube are mirrored in real time all over the world and have load balancers that can distribute traffic to maximise throughput.

Sites like mine are on servers all located in one datacenter so different parts of the world take different routes to get there. It's like an airline network. You fly to US from Singapore you go via Japan or HK. If you fly to US via Europe you go via the Atlantic.

When you connect via a proxy you change the route the packets take.

I am not having any problems at all connecting via NZ. The site is working perfectly because I'm connecting via OZ.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I didn't say it's your ISP. Each site is located on a different part of the internet. Huge sites like youtube are mirrored in real time all over the world and have load balancers that can distribute traffic to maximise throughput.

Sites like mine are on servers all located in one datacenter so different parts of the world take different routes to get there. It's like an airline network. You fly to US from Singapore you go via Japan or HK. If you fly to US via Europe you go via the Atlantic.

When you connect via a proxy you change the route the packets take.

I am not having any problems at all connecting via NZ. The site is working perfectly because I'm connecting via OZ.

i see. Which other sites are also hosted on the same data centre as yours? This problem started surfacing since last night.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... singsupplies.com (which I'm using now) is still not blocked yet, but it's very slow... :(
wen u use singsupplies, if u rook @ ze lower left corner of ur monitor screen, u wil c dat it accesses both singsupplies n sammyboy ... accessing singsupplies is a breeze, whereas u wil c dat connected/waiting/transfer data from sammyboy takes 4eva ...

Arizona

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder why some always use VPN? So scared meh?

Some of the reasons

geofilter-no.jpg

google-video-error.gif

takashi

Alfrescian
Loyal
wen u use singsupplies, if u rook @ ze lower left corner of ur monitor screen, u wil c dat it accesses both singsupplies n sammyboy ... accessing singsupplies is a breeze, whereas u wil c dat connected/waiting/transfer data from sammyboy takes 4eva ...
sammyboy.com is back to normal for me now! :smile:
No need to use VPN anymore! :smile:

Just checked. No ISP is blocking as I see many connections from all SG ISPs. However, the slow connections point to some sort of network congestion.
Looks like you're right, and I was wrong! :o
sammyboy.com and Leongsam, banzai! :p