• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Drinking Lots Of Plain Water

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. He is founding to father to all of us.

2. Now is not the time to talk about his primary concerns.

I'll disagree, water is a need to sustain life, hence his utmost primary concerns and need. You should try not drinking water for a week. As for LKY, life will go on in Singapore long after he is dead. As for water, over consumption of anything is bad for health it can lead to water poisoning. Moderation is the key. There are also cases of people dying from it, thou rare. So please don't drink too much even if you are exercising.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_intoxication
Water intoxication, also known as water poisoning or dilutional hyponatremia, is a potentially fatal disturbance in brain functions that results when the normal balance of electrolytes in the body is pushed outside safe limits by over-hydration.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2722957/High-school-football-player-17-dies-water-intoxication-drinking-four-gallons-fluids-stop-cramps-practice.html
High school football player, 17, dies from water intoxication after drinking FOUR GALLONS of fluids to stop cramps during practice
Zyrees Oliver's family switched off his life support on Monday
The teenager collapsed at home in Georgia last week after drinking two gallons of water and two gallons of Gatorade to stop cramps during practice
Doctors said he suffered brain swelling and was left brain dead
The family of the teenager, who was a top student and promising athlete, are now raising money to fly his body back to New Jersey, where he is from

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...luids-stop-cramps-practice.html#ixzz3VLMmPryl
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indeed, the middle path is the way to enlightenment. On the flip side, too little anything is bad as well including sex, drugs,PAP, WP supporter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_Way

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
We all know the benefits of drinking plain water - prevents dehydration, heat exhaustion, heat stroke, quenches your thirst, clears your system, etc etc.

We also know the disbenefits of drinking too much water - bloated stomach, cramps, pang jio too often, piss in the pants (for certain forummers :biggrin:), etc etc.

Just wondering whether there are any health benefits in drinking lots of water. Since sugar and salt are supposed to be dissolved in water, will drinking water actually help us to dissolve more of these unhealthy salt and sugar before they enter the bloodstream? So that more sugar and salt can be discharged in the urine instead of being absorbed into the body? Or even discharged from the body in the form of watery shit?

Hope those who have knowledge about this can comment. Those who want to talk piss and shit can also contribute. Lol. :p

you need to drink filtered water..unfiltered water cause bloating in the stomach..

my filtered water is also oxygenated so it is very healthy. I also have a activated carbon or charcoal filter to improve the taste and remove all kind of shit in there.

i drink 3 liters of water daily.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
This is what I mean, every morning empty stomach drink this sucker you'll fell strong throughout the day and makes your skin nice too

Just finished drinking this

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Also too much of the PAP & that is why we need more alternative voices in parliament:wink:

jw5

Loyal
Couple Of Points:

1. Homeostasis? Wow, so profound, we learn something new in Sam's Alfresco Coffee Shop everyday. Lifelong learning! Thanks bro! :smile:

2. Dear Samy, we need to continue living. :p

In my shallow understanding of the human body, homeostasis takes care of everything :smile::smile::smile:
Too much of anything, your body regulates it for you :p:p:p

Your founding father just died and you talk about water???!!!! :rolleyes::eek:

jw5

Loyal
It never fails to amaze me how knowledgeable tonychat is about so many things. :p

you need to drink filtered water..unfiltered water cause bloating in the stomach..

my filtered water is also oxygenated so it is very healthy. I also have a activated carbon or charcoal filter to improve the taste and remove all kind of shit in there.

i drink 3 liters of water daily.

jw5

Loyal
Ohhhhhhh, thanks for the useful info. :p

I'll disagree, water is a need to sustain life, hence his utmost primary concerns and need. You should try not drinking water for a week. As for LKY, life will go on in Singapore long after he is dead. As for water, over consumption of anything is bad for health it can lead to water poisoning. Moderation is the key. There are also cases of people dying from it, thou rare. So please don't drink too much even if you are exercising.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_intoxication

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2722957/High-school-football-player-17-dies-water-intoxication-drinking-four-gallons-fluids-stop-cramps-practice.html

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is what I mean, every morning empty stomach drink this sucker you'll fell strong throughout the day and makes your skin nice too

With the persistent haze problem in Spore I think juicing has become crucial if anyone wants to avoid future health problems.

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We all know the benefits of drinking plain water - prevents dehydration, heat exhaustion, heat stroke, quenches your thirst, clears your system, etc etc.

We also know the disbenefits of drinking too much water - bloated stomach, cramps, pang jio too often, piss in the pants (for certain forummers :biggrin:), etc etc.

Just wondering whether there are any health benefits in drinking lots of water. Since sugar and salt are supposed to be dissolved in water, will drinking water actually help us to dissolve more of these unhealthy salt and sugar before they enter the bloodstream? So that more sugar and salt can be discharged in the urine instead of being absorbed into the body? Or even discharged from the body in the form of watery shit?

Hope those who have knowledge about this can comment. Those who want to talk piss and shit can also contribute. Lol. :p

Intergripetal Rhodiola herb 紅景天 drink it 2 to 3 time per week, , I usually put 3 to 4 pieces with 3 dried plum and 2 big bowl of water boil it for an hour, it does wonder for me.....:smile:
Rhodiola rosea and other medicinal herbs was part of the Soviet Union's great push to compete with the West in military development, the arms race, space exploration, Olympic sports, science, medicine, and industry. It is a popular plant in traditional medical systems in Eastern Europe and Asia, with a reputation for stimulating the nervous system, decreasing depression, enhancing work performance, eliminating fatigue, and preventing high altitude sickness.

Stress

Rhodiola rosea has long been known as a potent adaptogen. Adaptogens are natural plant substances that increase the body's non-specific resistance and normalise the functions of the body. When a stressful situation occurs, consuming adaptogens generates a degree of generalised adaptation (or non-specific resistance) that allows our physiology to handle the stressful situation in a more resourceful manner. It is believed that adaptogens work by increasing the ability of cells to manufacture and use cell fuel more efficiently.

Since Rhodiola rosea administration appears to impact central monoamine levels, it might also provide benefits and be the adaptogen of choice in clinical conditions characterised by an imbalance of central nervous system monoamines. This is consistent with Russian claims for improvements in depression and schizophrenia. It also suggests that research in areas such as seasonal affective disorder, fibromyalgia, and chronic fatigue syndrome, among others, is warranted.

There have also been claims that this plant has great utility as a therapy in asthenic conditions (decline in work performance, sleep disturbances, poor appetite, irritability, hypertension, headaches, and fatigue) developing subsequent to intense physical or intellectual strain, influenza and other viral exposures, and other illness. Two randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trials of the standardised extract of Rhodiola rosea root (SHR-5) provide a degree of support for these claimed adaptogenic properties.

Muscle Recovery

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
Remember to drink lots of plain water to replenish the tears (from wailing) and the sweat (from queueing under the hot sun). :p

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal

That looks pretty good....why not blend it like a smoothie instead of losing all the fibre in th juicer.