• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Are u happier now that Old Fart is gone?

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, with LKY dead, you can be sure that Singapore is changed the moment he passed. His son was on the throne because of his father and he is definitely not a chip off the old block. He will now be judged based on his capabilities, and judging from his track record over the past decade, it is a matter of time before someone else takes over. No more running to papa and all respect accumulated by his papa will be buried with him.

This is definitely the start of the end of PAP's stranglehold on Singapore's politics. If he wants a strong mandate for another half decade, he'll hold the elections fast, banking on sympathy votes, with LKY's legacy fresh on people's minds. But he'll be branded an unfilial son for campaigning so fast after the death of his father.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Easiest way is to let opposition run this country to the ruins. Let u buggers have a taste of what it's like to have subpar politicians.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Easiest way is to let opposition run this country to the ruins. Let u buggers have a taste of what it's like to have subpar politicians.

Your opinion holds no weight at all.. Everyone is ready to vote the opposition in.. Enjoy..

Last edited:

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very moody. Dunno if there is future for SGP. If you have studied history after glory of a nation, its all downhill afterwards.

Singapore is merely a financial hub capitalising on easy money from overseas and cheap taxes, I doubt that's glory. We do not have our own Singaporean brands, we do not have a thriving arts scene, we don't have inventions or discoveries, we don't even have our own silicon valley. Seems like we are a work in progress, so I'll keep my fingers crossed regarding the glory of a nation. We should look further and give the opposition a chance to rule the country, after all, what experience did LKY, a lawyer, have in running the country when he first took the job?

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal

LKY was once the opposition before Singapore's independence, look how it turned out?

The way I see it, the subpar politicians are wearing white, talking about dirty ceilings and extra $1 conservancy charges in parliament. Really makes one wonder if they are more interested in nitpicking opposition town councils than running the country, which I have to add, they've done a shit job on both counts.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
I concur with you. Some Sinkies would just like to talk cock without realizing it's not an easy job. Give in to too many FTs, Sinkies protest. Over restrict the influx of FTs and companies relocate leading to high unemployment rates, fuck up Sinkies will also protest.

I am waiting for these Sinkies to eat their own shit when an incapable party will come to rule Sinkie Land now that LKY is gone. Only then can they have a taste of their own preference and hopefully not to regret it.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not happy in fact quite worried,I frequent lots of home poker games around Singapore,I realise quite a number of singaporeans do not hate the old fart to the extend,in fact they still think he is the founding father and

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will be quite happy to have the opposition lead the Country for a term. No point talk cock so much.

If Oppo think they can do a better job than PAP, then let them take over la. Action louder than words.

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will be quite happy to have the opposition lead the Country for a term. No point talk cock so much.

If Oppo think they can do a better job than PAP, then let them take over la. Action louder than words.

I don't think it can be any worse than LHL's two terms.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal

I don't want to dishonour WP, but until today Sylvia Lim is still quiet about their mishandling of her AHPETC funds for their managing agent. It's not that they are new to managing town councils as they have been managing Hougang for donkey years already.

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
I concur with you. Some Sinkies would just like to talk cock without realizing it's not an easy job. Give in to too many FTs, Sinkies protest. Over restrict the influx of FTs and companies relocate leading to high unemployment rates, fuck up Sinkies will also protest.

Rubbish, you really buy their argument that without 2 million FTs, there will be high unemployment rates? You mean those companies won't relocate eventually when they find some place similar yet cheaper?

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rubbish, you really buy their argument that without 2 million FTs, there will be high unemployment rates? You mean those companies won't relocate eventually when they find some place similar yet cheaper?
I don't have to emphasize further. Look around and see for yourself how many Sinkies are willing to take up those jobs in the service (F&B, etc) industries? Sinkies are too well fed.

The true Sinkie population is definitely not enough to sustain the vibrant economy. Look at all those metropolitan cities, except for Tokyo, which cities don't have an abundance of foreigners as part of their workforce and residents?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i will be quite happy to have the opposition lead the country for a term. No point talk cock so much.

If oppo think they can do a better job than pap, then let them take over la. Action louder than words.

frankly i think if i were to be voted into power as a opposition candidate,i could easily do a better job than pap.firstly i would start trimming the budget of those ridiculous budgets,like defense budget and white elephant budgets where we know a large portion of the money goes towards feeding worthless crony companies.secondly i would cut all the pay of overpaid jiak liao bee civil servants both military and non military which we know are merely a tool to buy loyalty and keep the pap in power.most importantly i would end crony economics once and for all,large amounts of our nation's and people's wealth are siphoned off every year to fund these cronies' companies and activities.with the huge amounts of savings made will be made towards contributions to the citizens cpf retirement and welfare.i would be the man to revolutionize singapore's economy forever like deng xiao ping and be remembered forever as the father that build "modern" singapore non the facist dictatorial joke.i will also solve the problem of immigration and overcrowding and embark on a sustainable economy and be the first founding father to achieve the swiss standard of living for all singaporean.i will adopt the democratic system of switzerland and scandinavia and make singapore a country that singaporeans would truly love to be part of and turn singapore into the truly democractic country that hong kong wished to be.education would not merely be focused on attaining the highest test score,but on educating people on policies and home affairs and making the best decisions for themselves.in time i hope to educate the people about the evil of LKY and PAP and let them come to their own conclusion of their follies and hopefully one day we will be drawing cartoons and making movies and musicals making fun of LKY just like hitler and kim jong il.

Last edited:

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't have to emphasize further. Look around and see for yourself how many Sinkies are willing to take up those jobs in the service (F&B, etc) industries? Sinkies are too well fed.

You pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

You know the earning disparity between a waiter in Singapore and Sydney?

The waiter in Sydney is earning 2x as much. So can you complain when nobody want to take shit jobs for shit pay, just because you are competing with cheap foreign labour from Myanmar and India?

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
You pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

You know the earning disparity between a waiter in Singapore and Sydney?

The waiter in Sydney is earning 2x as much. So can you complain when nobody want to take shit jobs for shit pay, just because you are competing with cheap foreign labour from Myanmar and India?
When you get on par to Sydney's salaries, you will then complain again about the extremely high cost of living. It's never ending.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
frankly i think if i were to be voted into power as a opposition candidate,i could easily do a better job than pap.firstly i would start trimming the budget of those ridiculous budgets,like defense budget and white elephant budgets where we know a large portion of the money goes towards feeding worthless crony companies.secondly i would cut all the pay of overpaid jiak liao bee civil servants both military and non military which we know are merely a tool to buy loyalty and keep the pap in power.most importantly i would end crony economics once and for all,large amounts of our nation's and people's wealth are siphoned off every year to fund these cronies' companies and activities.with the huge amounts of savings made will be made towards contributions to the citizens cpf retirement and welfare.i would be the man to revolutionize singapore's economy forever like deng xiao ping and be remembered forever as the father that build "modern" singapore non the facist dictatorial joke.i will also solve the problem of immigration and overcrowding and embark on a sustainable economy and be the first founding father to achieve the swiss standard of living for all singaporean.i will adopt the democratic system of switzerland and scandinavia and make singapore a country that singaporeans would truly love to be part of and turn singapore into the truly democractic country that hong kong wished to be.education would not merely be focused on attaining the highest test score,but on educating people on policies and home affairs and making the best decisions for themselves.in time i hope to educate the people about the evil of LKY and PAP and let them come to their own conclusion of their follies and hopefully one day we will be drawing cartoons and making movies and musicals making fun of LKY just like hitler and kim jong il.
Some of what you say above makes sense. I would like to vote for you if you are really into politics. But looking at the credibility and disunion of the local opposition parties, I doubt any of them are ready for it.

And it's almost impossible for the oppositions to unite because of their pride and pragmatism. Just look at the present disintegration of the PR party up north, occurring just immediately after the jailing of Anwar and the death of Nik Aziz.

It is very natural for humans to be obsessed with greed, oppositions alike. I'm still waiting for the day when LTK will announce in Parliament that he and his team will offer to take a pay cut, so as to lead an example of being overpaid politicians. But knowing the kind of Sinkies, that day will never come.

Last edited:

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
When you get on par to Sydney's salaries, you will then complain again about the extremely high cost of living. It's never ending.

We are already living in the world's most expensive city for fuck sake. What are you talking?