• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

DIY Move into JB

kslresidence

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have rented a landed in Bukit Indah area and is taking over the keys late April and moving in over the labour day holiday weekend. As we do not have a lot of bulky items, we have rented a MPV and planning shifting in on our own after giving up on international movers as some need to consolidate before confirming truck departure hence we have no idea when we can get our items or they are quoting scary prices and lastly the classic, quote low and extremely high for insurance and tell me if you do not buy insurance, your item lost we are not responsible.... talking about customer confidence..

Item to move:
1) Table Top Baking Oven
2) Desktop computer with LCD
3) Kitchen processor
4) 2 luggages of clothes
5) 5-8 large carton boxes of misc items like deco, photo album, kitchen ware
6) Microwave Oven

May I know if this is doable? Do I need to go to the JB Customs to declare any of the items above? All are used items though.

Appreciate any advices.

Thank you.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have rented a landed in Bukit Indah area and is taking over the keys late April and moving in over the labour day holiday weekend. As we do not have a lot of bulky items, we have rented a MPV and planning shifting in on our own after giving up on international movers as some need to consolidate before confirming truck departure hence we have no idea when we can get our items or they are quoting scary prices and lastly the classic, quote low and extremely high for insurance and tell me if you do not buy insurance, your item lost we are not responsible.... talking about customer confidence..

Item to move:
1) Table Top Baking Oven
3) Kitchen processor
4) 2 luggages of clothes
6) Microwave Oven

May I know if this is doable? Do I need to go to the JB Customs to declare any of the items above? All are used items though.

Appreciate any advices.

Thank you.

Likely Malaysia custom will make you pay the taxes. They are just looking for $.

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal

Item to move:
1) Table Top Baking Oven
3) Kitchen processor
4) 2 luggages of clothes
6) Microwave Oven

Appreciate any advices.

Thank you.

Even used Osram energy saving bulb(CFL type), the officer also wanted to tax. Luckily he let me go as I bought in only one piece. i think you can forget about going by Tuas second link, the custom officer is very "on the ball" for Singapore car. Maybe can try causeway link early morning weekdays, seldom check. Goodluck

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Item to move:
1) Table Top Baking Oven
3) Kitchen processor
4) 2 luggages of clothes
6) Microwave Oven

Appreciate any advices.

Thank you.

Split into a few trips?

matix

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry, OT a bit.... If we engage mover, do we have to pay duties on our stuff, such as home theatre system, projector, speakers, TV, fridge, appliances, etc..

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
but wondering how they going to tax me

That depends on what you are moving over. If you do not load your car until it looks like moving house (even though you are) then you may just breeze through. And if your electrical items are clearly used and not spanking new looking, and is not bulky item, then I think you should not be having trouble at customs.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry, OT a bit.... If we engage mover, do we have to pay duties on our stuff, such as home theatre system, projector, speakers, TV, fridge, appliances, etc..

If you engage mover it is all BKL, bao kah liao, just one flat fee and they will take care of everything.

I engaged CHL movers for about $800 to puah zhu and they just make sure the items moved from Singapore to JB house.

kslresidence

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you engage mover it is all BKL, bao kah liao, just one flat fee and they will take care of everything.

I engaged CHL movers for about $800 to puah zhu and they just make sure the items moved from Singapore to JB house.

I have checked with them as well and they told me they need around 2 weeks to consolidate and deliver hence I will only see the items over at my place in around 2 weeks time. They are also quoting me near to 600 for that.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal

Item to move:
1) Table Top Baking Oven
3) Kitchen processor
4) 2 luggages of clothes
6) Microwave Oven

Appreciate any advices.

Thank you.

For those household stuffs, it is not taxable. Electrical items are taxable based on value. So your used electrical items is much less in value so not much value and just chum siong to pay less than what they asked. Once I challenged them, they make me pay full tax amount.the next time I just asked how much tax and then chum siong and pay much lesser.
Maybe if you split the electrical items over few trips may not have to pay as the tax amount could be little and they may wave you on.
Moving these yourself could save quite a bit as the mover's rate of S$600 is lump sum for a 20 footer full load.
All your stuffs are not that many to fit full into the 20 footer fully and also most important is not bulky. When you moved personal things yourself, you have better control of your stuffs.
I have moved full load of stuffs in my APV car thru Tuas. It is manageable.
Happy moving. !

kslresidence

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those household stuffs, it is not taxable. Electrical items are taxable based on value. So your used electrical items is much less in value so not much value and just chum siong to pay less than what they asked. Once I challenged them, they make me pay full tax amount.the next time I just asked how much tax and then chum siong and pay much lesser.
Maybe if you split the electrical items over few trips may not have to pay as the tax amount could be little and they may wave you on.
Moving these yourself could save quite a bit as the mover's rate of S$600 is lump sum for a 20 footer full load.
All your stuffs are not that many to fit full into the 20 footer fully and also most important is not bulky. When you moved personal things yourself, you have better control of your stuffs.
I have moved full load of stuffs in my APV car thru Tuas. It is manageable.
Happy moving. !

Wow. Thanks alot... this is really great info. BTW, do I just drive through or need to stop and "surrender"

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow. Thanks alot... this is really great info. BTW, do I just drive through or need to stop and "surrender"

Drive as though nothing to declare.:p I drove over with a full size standing Bosch dishwasher which i bought 2nd hand in singapore, LOL! Took a risk there but heng went through with no hiccup.