• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

In a Post-LKY era, Singapore is finished!!!

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Singapore is finished!!!

LKY: “I saw the British people as they were. They treated you as colonials and I resented that. I saw no reason why they should be governing me – they’re not superior. I decided, when I got back, I was going to put an end to this.”

Change 'British people' to PAPzi, and the speaker to all Singaporeans and you have today's Singapore.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

If a coalition of opposition parties take over and establish the institutions - independent judiciary, free press, checks and balances, independent police and military, apolitical civil service - we will do better than under the PAP.

It's all very well to have all these ang moh "liberties" but who exactly is going to provide the leadership to give the country direction and purpose.

Xisiqomelir

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sinkie men will soon be construction workers and the womenfolk will end up as maids or prostitutes abroad.

Ditchdigger would be a step up from my current profession of drainsweeper. This sounds like positive change to me!

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal

The beginning of the downfall of Sinkie Land will begin from this day with the demise of its first Prime Minister, Mr Lee Kuan Yew.

There will be internal strife within the PAP and with the old man gone now, LHL stands no place, similar to his counterpart in Malaysia.

Without a respectable and capable hand helming the ship, as even the best of the opposition is also incapable of, Sinkie Land will begin to lose its prominence and status in the world map. It will also be ridiculed by its immediate neighboring countries, which are no better than "wolves in sheep skins".

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

You very pessimistic leh ...you give too much credit to the PAP.

If a coalition of opposition parties take over and establish the institutions - independent judiciary, free press, checks and balances, independent police and military, apolitical civil service - we will do better than under the PAP.

Nothing to do with the PAP.

Last edited:

Sharkey

Alfrescian
Loyal

LKY held everything together and he was last word. But now there will be doubts, questions, criticism about every decision. Some of this is already there even when he was alive. It will just get louder.

To predict what may happen is not easy. But it should be easy to identify why Singapore is doing better than neighbours

1. Rule of law at least as perceived by businessmen. Opposition may get decimated, that's another story. (None of Asean have this)
2. Ease of entry, exit, hiring (including hiring FT), firing, generally doing business except those areas dominated by GLC (None of Asean have this)
3. Peace and quiet on the street (Malaysia, Indon have it also these days)

As for other factors, pretty much everyone has same or better (educated workforce, land, electricity and water etc)

As I see it, getting 2 out of 3 right was not enough for Indon/Malaysia. But even getting 1 out of 3 wrong is enough for Singapore to go down.

Administrator

Alfrescian
Loyal

Without LKY, the country is now rudderless.

Sinkie men will soon be construction workers and the womenfolk will end up as maids or prostitutes abroad.

You can all kiss your prosperity good bye. You've had great run but all good things have to come to an end.

Maybe we will get to screw the proud and arrogant female colleague for a price soon.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

(voiceover): The fog's just lifting. Throw off your bow line; throw off your stern. You head out to South channel, past Rocky Neck, Kusu Island. Past East Coast where I skated as a kid. Blow your air-horn and throw a wave to the lighthouse keeper's kid on St John Island. Then the birds show up: black backs, herring gulls, big dumb ducks. The sun hits ya - head North. Open up to 12 - steamin' now. The guys are busy; you're in charge. Ya know what? You're a goddamn PAP Minister. Is there any thing better in the world?

MM? MM, can you hear me? I don't know if you can, but I'm talking to ya, baby. Do you know how much I love you? I loved you the moment I saw you. I love you now, and I'll love you forever. No goodbye. There's only love, MM. Only love.

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You can all kiss your prosperity good bye. You've had great run but all good things have to come to an end.

Your ill-gotten gains parked in local banks will be reduced to ass wipe :biggrin:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

What is so difficult about continuing and maintaining the British legacy?

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal

It's all very well to have all these ang moh "liberties" but who exactly is going to provide the leadership to give the country direction and purpose.

u cum back n shave us, lah. talk cock so much, and live in sheepland. i belive in u, sammy!!! u can do it! yes, u can!

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

LKY: “I saw the British people as they were. They treated you as colonials and I resented that. I saw no reason why they should be governing me – they’re not superior. I decided, when I got back, I was going to put an end to this.”

Change 'British people' to PAPzi, and the speaker to all Singaporeans and you have today's Singapore.

And the malays are at the bottom of the heap. They did not get their merdeka yet. that time is coming.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal

And the malays are at the bottom of the heap. They did not get their merdeka yet. that time is coming.

May they return to their homelands in Indonesia, where they came from to experience their merdeka. It's a travesty, a great big lie that Singapore belongs to Malays. Malays are not the indigenous people of Malaysia nor Singapore. Singapore has never had a majority Malay population for as long as records can show.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What is so difficult about continuing and maintaining the British legacy?

For 50 years LKY has fixed anyone & everyone who opposed him. Many were imprisoned or exiled. I know many who voted with their feet & traded in their Spore passport. I hope there are still Sporeans out there with a heart who can take over from the PAP because LHL has been a failure.

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Heart ? :rolleyes:
These scums wanna join the party for personal gains only , serving the people was never on their agenda
:oIo:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

Will Russia invade? China? North Korea?