• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Passing of Mr Lee Kuan Yew

Which world leader will NOT make it for the funeral

• Obama

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • Cameron

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Putin

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • Abbott

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Merkel

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Xi

Votes: 10 45.5%

• Total voters

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
2gwgdjo.jpg

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Lee Kuan Yew Passes Away (1923-2015)

11071470_1011596382185095_8538640903796099490_n.jpg

LEE KUAN YEW: The Legacy Lives On

We are deeply saddened that our Founding Secretary-General, Mr. Lee Kuan Yew has passed away today.

While we mourn the passing of one of the greatest leaders of our Party, we celebrate his incalculable contributions to Singapore and its people.

We have set up a tribute page http://www.tributetolky.org/
where you can view his milestones, as well as leave your messages.

As a sign of respect, our profile pictures will be switched to black & white.

Thank you Mr. Lee Kuan Yew, may you rest in peace.

#tributetoLKY
#leekuanyew

https://www.facebook.com/pap.sg/pho...146776796731/1011596382185095/?type=1&theater

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Time to Celebrate : Old Fart Die Liao!!!!!!!

sorry i want to know if we got to go to office to work today? please confirm

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Re: Time to Celebrate : Old Fart Die Liao!!!!!!!

sorry i want to know if we got to go to office to work today? please confirm

Not necessary. It would be grave insult to continue the day as if nothing had happened.

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
President Barack Obama

"I was deeply saddened to learn of the death of Singapore’s Minister Mentor, Lee Kuan Yew. On behalf of the American people, Michelle and I offer our deepest condolences to the Lee family and join the people of Singapore in mourning the loss of this remarkable man.

"A visionary who led his country from Singapore’s independence in 1965 to build one of the most prosperous countries in the world today, he was a devoted public servant and a remarkable leader.

"Minister Mentor Lee’s views and insights on Asian dynamics and economic management were respected by many around the world, and no small number of this and past generations of world leaders have sought his advice on governance and development. I personally appreciated his wisdom, including our discussions during my trip to Singapore in 2009, which were hugely important in helping me formulate our policy of rebalancing to the Asia Pacific.

"He was a true giant of history who will be remembered for generations to come as the father of modern Singapore and as one the great strategists of Asian affairs.

Former US President George W Bush

"Laura and I are saddened by the death of Lee Kuan Yew. The father of today's Singapore transformed his country and helped usher the ASEAN region into the modern era. The Singapore he leaves behind is an influential force for stability and prosperity and a friend to the United States.

"Laura and I join those in Singapore and around the world who are mourning his loss, and we send our heartfelt condolences to Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and family."

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why MP can have wake in Sri Temasek?

The Lees treats sinkapore like their they own it.

Old Fart is just an MP but the Lees can use Istana for their private wake.

Is SQ sending a plane for a milk run to fetch the rest of the Lees home?

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
UK PRIME MINISTER DAVID CAMERON

“I am sad to hear of the death of Singapore’s first Prime Minister, Lee Kuan Yew.

“Lee Kuan Yew personally shaped Singapore in a way that few people have any nation. He made his country into one of the great success stories of our modern world. That Singapore is today a prosperous, secure and successful country is a monument to his decades of remarkable public service. He was always a friend to Britain, if sometimes a critical one, and many British Prime Ministers benefited from his wise advice, including me.

“Lady Thatcher once said that there was no Prime Minister she admired more than Mr Lee for ‘the strength of his convictions, the clarity of his views, the directness of his speech and his vision of the way ahead’. His place in history is assured, as a leader and as one of the modern world's foremost statesmen.”

FORMER UK PRIME MINISTER TONY BLAIR

"Lee Kuan Yew was one of the most extraordinary leaders of modern times. He was a genuine political giant. He was the first to understand that modern politics was about effective Government not old-fashioned ideology. Whether in the economy, social cohesion or law and order, he applied methods of rigorous analysis and detailed implementation. He built Singapore into the success story it is today by intelligence, wisdom and determination in equal measure. As a result Singapore has a respect and admiration far above its size.

"I knew him well. When I became leader of the Labour Party I travelled to Singapore to seek his advice, which he gave with typical acumen and frankness. Over the years we then worked together in many ways. He will be profoundly missed and greatly mourned not only by the people of Singapore but by his many friends the world over.